• 30(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2016-12-01, 11:11)i0zjh02 Wrote: For the last few version of the skin I cant get the "Live TV" menu to display properly. I get no "Spotlight" showing and no "Recordings" are shown on the right hand side of the screen.

I thought this might have been a problem with upgrading from one version to another but I've tried resetting skin to defaults and also completely removed the skin (uninstall within Kodi and also remove all folders/files manually) and re-install but still get this same problem.

A lot of stuff has changed in the last iterations of the skin. In your case, you just need to assign some widgets to your tv menu.\\For example assign the "ecent recordings" widget to your spotlight section.
(2016-12-01, 16:59)Saed Wrote: I have the latest TITAN version installed, I have a problem with the widgets of the main menu in both series and movies, it is not updated well nor the progress (percentage top right) nor changes episode once seen.

You will have to re-assign your widgets or reset the menu to defaults to make the widgets work properly again.
(2016-12-01, 17:08)Saed Wrote: Since I've put the skin on my computer (windows 10, 64bit, Kodi 17 beta6) At the time of starting Kodi I shut down unexpectedly (Windows has stopped working) I attached the whole log to see what it can be.

1) Please never post a full log into a forum message, instead better paste the content on pastebin or something like that and provide the link.

2) I don't think the crash was related to the skin or helpers because looking at your log they were shut down successfully.
You're using Kodi beta so an accidental crash can occur. If it's happing more often something is wrong.
(2016-12-02, 02:53)marcelveldt Wrote: 1) Animated artwork is heavy, VERY heavy for your system. Especially when it's enabled inside the lists itself.
In the latest beta I have added an option to only display the animated art in the details/info panel so it will be less resource hungry.
In your case I's suggest to enable that option.

2) The spotlight widget has 2 functions: It can be loaded with a widget on its own or it will display the info/details of the normal active widget.
It is mainly used to display e.g. the latest movies or something. To launch apps/addons you can better use a submenu or use the (super) favourites widget

Thanks again for the help.

2) I have the spotlights set to rotate but only the widgets rotate. I am able to rotate the spotlight manually but not on its on. If I manually rotate the submenu or spotlight in a shortcut, the other shortcuts menus move also. Is this normal or beta bug?

I cant remember them all but there are some menu settings toggles that don't work. Rss feed is one. I will post if I stumble across the others again.

Thanks again
Thanks for reply Marcel I tried this already. I removed and re-added "Recent Recordings" using Widgets>Default Widgets>Skin helper Service Widgets>PVR> but I just get a spinning circle for a few seconds and then an empty list. I've tried to add other widgets from within the PVR> section and some works but most don't ie on one client the "Channels" widget works but the others don't but on a second client only the "Timers" widget is working.

I'm using ArgusTV backend PVR, not sure if thats relevant. FYI the other widgets seem OK its only the ones from the PVR> section that I'm having problems with

(2016-12-02, 02:54)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 11:11)i0zjh02 Wrote: For the last few version of the skin I cant get the "Live TV" menu to display properly. I get no "Spotlight" showing and no "Recordings" are shown on the right hand side of the screen.

I thought this might have been a problem with upgrading from one version to another but I've tried resetting skin to defaults and also completely removed the skin (uninstall within Kodi and also remove all folders/files manually) and re-install but still get this same problem.

A lot of stuff has changed in the last iterations of the skin. In your case, you just need to assign some widgets to your tv menu.\\For example assign the "ecent recordings" widget to your spotlight section.
(2016-12-02, 02:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 02:28)teedo42 Wrote: 1. After enabling animated posters, scrolling thru the library is difficult. Scrolling sticks(pauses) on each press down or up. Is this Kodi, Titan skin, or a problem with my HTPC. The HTPC- i5 3570, 8gb, Nvidia 750ti.

2. What content is the spotlight widget used for? I use it to launch websites, with Advanced Emulator Launcher but the image is blank. How do you add custom images to the spotlight widget? Am I using spotlight correctly or no?

1) Animated artwork is heavy, VERY heavy for your system. Especially when it's enabled inside the lists itself.
In the latest beta I have added an option to only display the animated art in the details/info panel so it will be less resource hungry.

2) The spotlight widget has 2 functions: It can be loaded with a widget on its own or it will display the info/details of the normal active widget.
It is mainly used to display e.g. the latest movies or something. To launch apps/addons you can better use a submenu or use the (super) favourites widget

I run Kodi Krypton v6 (Windows 10 store app) with this skin on an older pc (Socket 775, Q9200 CPU, 8GB ddr2 ram) and it runs fine as does the animated artwork so i find it hard to beleive that his system cannot handle it as its newer than what im using.
(2016-12-02, 02:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 16:59)Saed Wrote: I have the latest TITAN version installed, I have a problem with the widgets of the main menu in both series and movies, it is not updated well nor the progress (percentage top right) nor changes episode once seen.

You will have to re-assign your widgets or reset the menu to defaults to make the widgets work properly again.

Good Marcel.

I have reset to defaults and nothing. Maybe I do not explain myself well, when in the main menu I get the widgets for example "Modern Family S8E01" when I see it I should change the widget to S8E02 if I have it, and if I did not have more, that widget would disappear Giving me to understand that I have seen the whole series, until I had new chapters to appear again.

I have tested it on the default estuary skin and there if it works for me.

Kodi v17 Beta6.

Regards, and thank you very much.

For the part of the log the next time I will send it better.
Widgets for movies and music doesn't work even after resetting the menu to default. Any ideas? Series widgets work fine though.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2016-12-02, 11:42)mattyspurs76 Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 02:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 02:28)teedo42 Wrote: 1. After enabling animated posters, scrolling thru the library is difficult. Scrolling sticks(pauses) on each press down or up. Is this Kodi, Titan skin, or a problem with my HTPC. The HTPC- i5 3570, 8gb, Nvidia 750ti.

2. What content is the spotlight widget used for? I use it to launch websites, with Advanced Emulator Launcher but the image is blank. How do you add custom images to the spotlight widget? Am I using spotlight correctly or no?

1) Animated artwork is heavy, VERY heavy for your system. Especially when it's enabled inside the lists itself.

I run Kodi Krypton v6 (Windows 10 store app) with this skin on an older pc (Socket 775, Q9200 CPU, 8GB ddr2 ram) and it runs fine as does the animated artwork so i find it hard to beleive that his system cannot handle it as its newer than what im using.

So your library doesn't pause during scrolling? Would to many programs installed cause the delay?
(2016-12-02, 05:38)teedo42 Wrote: 2) I have the spotlights set to rotate but only the widgets rotate. I am able to rotate the spotlight manually but not on its on. If I manually rotate the submenu or spotlight in a shortcut, the other shortcuts menus move also. Is this normal or beta bug?

I cant remember them all but there are some menu settings toggles that don't work. Rss feed is one. I will post if I stumble across the others again.

Both issues will be fixed in next skin update
(2016-12-02, 10:37)i0zjh02 Wrote: Thanks for reply Marcel I tried this already. I removed and re-added "Recent Recordings" using Widgets>Default Widgets>Skin helper Service Widgets>PVR> but I just get a spinning circle for a few seconds and then an empty list. I've tried to add other widgets from within the PVR> section and some works but most don't ie on one client the "Channels" widget works but the others don't but on a second client only the "Timers" widget is working.

I'm using ArgusTV backend PVR, not sure if thats relevant. FYI the other widgets seem OK its only the ones from the PVR> section that I'm having problems with

Can you please send me your kodi logfile ?
Or look in the logfile yourself if there are any errors listed from skinhelper service or skinhelper widgets.
(2016-12-02, 10:37)i0zjh02 Wrote: Thanks for reply Marcel I tried this already. I removed and re-added "Recent Recordings" using Widgets>Default Widgets>Skin helper Service Widgets>PVR> but I just get a spinning circle for a few seconds and then an empty list. I've tried to add other widgets from within the PVR> section and some works but most don't ie on one client the "Channels" widget works but the others don't but on a second client only the "Timers" widget is working.

All PVR widgets are working fine on my testsetup. Can you look in your kodi logfile if there are any errors listed from skinhelper widgets ?
(2016-12-02, 11:42)mattyspurs76 Wrote: I run Kodi Krypton v6 (Windows 10 store app) with this skin on an older pc (Socket 775, Q9200 CPU, 8GB ddr2 ram) and it runs fine as does the animated artwork so i find it hard to beleive that his system cannot handle it as its newer than what im using.

It depends on how many movies have animated art. If you're looking at a list of movies in for example the Big panel view with lot's of movies having animaed art you can definitely notice it impacting performance. Scrolling is less smooth in that case.
(2016-12-02, 11:57)Saed Wrote: I have reset to defaults and nothing. Maybe I do not explain myself well, when in the main menu I get the widgets for example "Modern Family S8E01" when I see it I should change the widget to S8E02 if I have it, and if I did not have more, that widget would disappear Giving me to understand that I have seen the whole series, until I had new chapters to appear again.

That is exactly how it is designed to work.
Can you go to Skin settigs --> Supported Addons --> Skin helper Widgets
make sure that hide watched items from video widgets is enabled.
(2016-12-02, 22:08)LupinSansei Wrote: Widgets for movies and music doesn't work even after resetting the menu to default. Any ideas? Series widgets work fine though.

1) Please look in your kodi log if you spot any errors from skin helper widgets
2) Try marking a movie as watched/unwatched in your library to see if the widget updates in that case.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6