• 59(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-12-02, 08:38)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 00:45)nickr Wrote: ..., but the C2 is super responsive via a bluetooth remote....

Which Bluetooth adapter are you using?
Any cheap CSR 4.0 BT Dongle will be compatible.

lsusb says
Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

I think it was $3 on dx.com
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-02, 09:29)nickr Wrote: lsusb says
Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

I think it was $3 on dx.com

(2016-12-02, 08:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Any cheap CSR 4.0 BT Dongle will be compatible.

Thanks guys Smile

As I already have the Hardkernel remote, can someone comment on the reaction with that remote? Maybe you wrxtasy? Smile My C1+ had always lags with the Hardkernel remote (keyboard was perfectly fast), so a comment if that is good with the C2 would be great Smile
Even with my custom Sony IR remote, there is a mini delay if I want a button repeatedly pressed by holding it down. I see the same behavior with the HK remote on the C2.

I can press any button once, repeatedly and there are No delays with both remotes.

I've also tried the Bluetooth PS3 remote but that does not repeat button presses when you hold a button down, which is needed if you want to scroll through stuff. Response time is naturally, noticeable faster.

After using the superb, ultra responsive Mi Box's Bluetooth remote I can no longer use IR remotes.

So I bit the bullet and bought a Wireless Mini Keyboard MINIX A2 Lite Air Mouse remote and that is a really nice remote for big handed blokes Gorrillas !! Tongue
There is still that Mini delay if you want a repeated button press. Must be an LE AMLogic thing. I see that elsewhere as well.

(2016-12-02, 11:00)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
After using the superb, ultra responsive Mi Box's Bluetooth remote I can no longer use IR remotes.

Ever tried to pair it with the C2? Asking cause there is this remote I am really considering buying with the C2.
Hmmm... so is C2 with Harmony Hub less responsive via bluetooth than Chromebox with Harmony Hub?

I'm considering "upgading" Chromebox with C2, so that's why I'm asking.

Is there something else where C2 is inferior to Chromebox (using LE)? I really like silent box and C2 would finally be like that. Also H.265 support would be nice for the future.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2016-12-02, 11:05)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 11:00)wrxtasy Wrote: ...

Ever tried to pair it with the C2? Asking cause there is this remote I am really considering buying with the C2.
I used the Mi Box's BT remote - which is very similar. It pairs and connects fine but I cannot get any response out of Kodi.
Tried Keymap Editor and still nothing.

I suspect custom LE coding may be needed. I will have a look at the PS3 remote code.

@BoxFreak,You will not have the ultra responsive SSD that the Chromebox has to pull up Artwork. eMMC Flash storage will come close depending on the size of your Library.

As I said LE Kodi GUI response is fine. Its the Mini delay if you hold a remote control button down to scroll through lists of files that seems an issue on AML LE devices. And even that is no biggie. Depends on how much of a Kodi control geek you are. Wink

(2016-12-02, 11:43)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
I suspect custom LE coding may be needed. I will have a look at the PS3 remote code.

This is the same thing you have done on Hub/Play2 to use there the Hardkernel Remote?
It would be great if we could use the Mi Bluetooth Remote with the C2 Smile

Btw. has someone already tested Android 6.0.1 on the C2? See here
(2016-12-02, 12:24)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 11:43)wrxtasy Wrote: ...

This is the same thing you have done on Hub/Play2 to use there the Hardkernel Remote?
It would be great if we could use the Mi Bluetooth Remote with the C2 Smile
That was for Android and you have to identify (hard part) and extract of the correct keyboard layout .kl files to be able to add support.
This Mi Box remote will not even show up in the normal Linux evtest to try and configure it in LibreELEC.

Quote:Btw. has someone already tested Android 6.0.1 on the C2? See here
Well that is good news. Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 does run about 2x as fast vs Lollipop 5.1.1 on AML S905 devices. Smile
Pity AMLogic themselves release such buggy code with their SDK's.

After all that, is it worth then rather spending a bit more money and go for a Hub/Play2 then a C2? If I understood it correctly in the new Android 6 on the Wetek devices Kodi is working as it should, right? So Currently I'm tending towards Hub/Android 6/Kodi/Hardkernel Remote as a combination. Huh
(2016-12-02, 11:20)BoxFreak Wrote: Hmmm... so is C2 with Harmony Hub less responsive via bluetooth than Chromebox with Harmony Hub?

I haven't had the chance to try a Chromebox, but I do have a C2 and a Harmony Hub (Harmony Elite actually, which uses the Hub), and I find the response time (via bluetooth) to be perfectly adequate with no missed input ; much better than any IR remote I have ever used with the C2. There is some discussion about IR vs. bluetooth in pages 54-56 of the thread if you're interested.

FWIW, I'm using the official HardKernel BT dongle.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
LibreELEC 7.1.1 - December festive release

- the very latest common AML S905 C2 / Hub / Play2 - Linux Kernel from the AMLogic LibreELEC Kernel master code.
- CEC Adapter user configurable with repeat, delay and release additions.
- Annoying CEC popup when Kodi starts up is banished (CEC still works)
- Tweaked Resolution and Refresh rate configurator.
- Audio reverts and tweaks
- Ability to Overclock DDR3 SDRAM. Instructions in this thread
- OnDemand CPU Governor used. A nice balance between Interactive and Performance.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.1.Dec.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.1.Dec.img.gz

I've also released a V4L-DVB media_build edition with DVB drivers backported from a v4.8 Linux Kernel.
Details over on the Hardkernel LE sub-forum

Updating LibreELEC using the Samba shares

W Smile

@wrxtasy, nice job. Can you release your new build for play2 as well ? @codesnake wrote something about updated dvb driver for play2 so maybe will be possible to include it in you great build.
Regards
(2016-12-07, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: - the very latest common AML S905 C2 / Hub / Play2 - Linux Kernel from the AMLogic LibreELEC Kernel master code.

First, thank you very much for your time and effort.
As this december release includes a new kernel, can we excepect an improvement in chapter skipping?
Whatever I'll try it tonight Wink
(2016-12-07, 12:32)mika91 Wrote: As this december release includes a new kernel, can we except an improvement in chapter skipping?
Been trying to get this annoying Bug squashed and testing for a while now. Some clips it is a real issue. Others Chapter skip just fine.
No consistency and no improvement unfortunately. Sad

• 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610