• 24(current)
Feature Requests
What has happened to Fullscreen mode for music? This latest update (beta 6) has added a constant overlay to the Fullscreen showing a huge clock in the corner and progress bar for song play along with a couple other minor elements. For me Fullscreen should show the visualization only during song play. Whats the point of having a visualization going if its covered up and no more ability to use no visualization for a blank screen since new overlay is always there. Song info would still show at the beginning of each song and upon mouse movement/screen interaction.

Is there no option to turn off the pictures in the background anymore with music? I believe this started with the first version of 17 and would really like the option to disable it (some bands are not pretty to look at). Along the same lines would an option to display the album cover instead of band picture be considered? This would be appreciated as long as it could be turned on/off.
Would love to see the option to use the add-on to display when the next episode of each show is due to be broadcast, the only thing I miss from Xperience1080.

Any chance?

Sent from my LG-H815
(2016-12-02, 22:14)loggio Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 18:25)aedgington Wrote: +1 to bring back the old homescreen widget layout.

I love the new sidebar, but the huge sub-menu icons keeping two rows of items from fully displaying is a huge miss / UI step backwards. [/u]

Why would you want to make categories less visible?

Submenu items are such an essential part of kodi's navigation, the submenu Is the first thing I look for to take me directly to where I want to be.

In V1 they were tucked away in the top right corner completely disjointed from the main menu, it made no sense and I hated that layout, it was a deal breaker. Categories is displayed much better now.

To me, and most users (I'd imagine) the sub menu is much more important than a silly playlist widget. I don't think I've ever clicked on any content displayed on those widgets... I don't even look at them, they're pointless to me because they're not displaying information that I want to see or can't find by clicking on a category icon.

The only way to make things better, would be to integrate the submenu into the main menu and make it visible when a main menu item is clicked. So instead of movies taking you directly to your movies library, it would instead display the submenu and supply you with a list of nodes to navigate to.

And then allow widgets to be customised by the user to cater for peoples different needs and interests. I'd much rather see a list of upcoming movies or trailers or addons at the top of my widgets instead of the current "in progress movies" that just displays a bunch of crappy 'half watch' movies that I'll probably never finish watching... Yet they're the first thing I see when I'm on the home screen.

But if they're not willing to go down that path then they should just leave it as is.

Funny, I feel the opposite way.

I have no use for the submenu, except for addons sometimes. I never open Kodi and think I want to see a comedy or action or a '70s movie or whatever. It is my library, I know what's in it, I don't need to browse it by categories, what I need is to quickly resume the movie that I couldn't finish last night or start the one that I just added or see the next episode etc.

In fact I don't understand why the submenu is bunched with the widgets. Widgets are shortcuts while the submenu just opens another panel and right now it is getting in the way. It should be moved to other part of the home screen, maybe the blade menu or even the main menu itself by pressing left. Luckily, Kodi is open source and changing the order of the widgets is just a couple of "cut and paste" in Home.xml
Would like the option to view music library by "album artist" tag, not just "artist"

Thanks!
Any chance of bring back the update library on the top section of widgets on the main home screen? Or can this be done somehow. Using Android TV and having access to that was great as the app stays open a lot so it was quite a few steps to update library otherwise or exit out and restart it.
(2016-12-05, 08:11)richardmeehan Wrote: Any chance of bring back the update library on the top section of widgets on the main home screen? Or can this be done somehow. Using Android TV and having access to that was great as the app stays open a lot so it was quite a few steps to update library otherwise or exit out and restart it.
Open library, hit left, there's your update button. Same amount or even less clicks
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can we just have an option to make the icons/widgets/text bigger and smaller?

I am using the latest from gitub (5 December 2016).. and the home screen items are way too big. I can't see half the options on it because so much is being cut off both horizontally and vertically at 1920x1080 resolution.

I understand the need for 'clean' design, in which case why are there One and A HALF(!?) rows of movies that appear?? It's confusing.

Also, bannerwall icons are just too big.
I would love to see the following changes in EstuaryV2.
  • Reorder & rename main menu items. If the library node editor can do this, can someone post a brief HOWTO?
  • Customize homescreen widget sets (e.g., I would like to have an Addons widget set to the right of my Video main menu item.)
  • Set custom background images and opacity. Confluence allowed custom images, and I believe EstuaryV1 did as well.
  • Additional color options (I would like a nice deep dark Midnight Blue, personally)
  • "Media Info" view like Confluence, with the list aligned to the left
  • Other views with the list aligned to the left, including Widelist and List
  • Support larger (even comically large) font sizes for small TVs and users with poor vision. Thanks for your efforts so far-- they are appreciated, and largely meet my personal needs, but font sizes should be customzable.
  • Remove UI cruft with the OSD active. Right now, a black gradient shades the top and bottom fifth of the screen, covering the video output when paused. I often pause video to look at text, etc, and this covers it up. I find that really annoying.
+1 for ability to customize widgets on main menu. This is a massive plus.
(2016-12-08, 02:40)dkplayaclub Wrote: +1 for ability to customize widgets on main menu. This is a massive plus.

Been requested many times but simply not possible right now.

This goes back to a time when the great JMarshall tried to fix it by loading the main menu from XML nodes, just like the sub menus now work.

Unfortunately I believe the solution was never quick enough for his liking, and he left the team before ever releasing that feature. I do believe his work is still on GitHub somewhere though.

For now the skin shortcuts Add-on was produced, but that requires custom code which also slows down the main menu a bit, so its not included in the default theme.
(2016-12-03, 16:30)Ed76 Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 06:38)kinghop Wrote: Please add view modes to file view for music. I'm kinda worried since now after updating to beta 6 the view options are totally missing. [...]
+1

i have more or less the same problem. i have a folder with m3u files and other playlist files, i use them as a online radio (without the need of a extra radio-addon). with kodi v16 i had nice big thumbs for each radio-station, with the new skin only a boring list.
+1

View modes to file view for both music and videos. At least a thumb mode on top of the current list mode.
(2016-12-02, 22:14)loggio Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 18:25)aedgington Wrote: +1 to bring back the old homescreen widget layout.

I love the new sidebar, but the huge sub-menu icons keeping two rows of items from fully displaying is a huge miss / UI step backwards. [/u]

Why would you want to make categories less visible?
I think you mis-read my post.

My concern isn't making the categories less visible, it's about the new layout making content less visible.

Maybe you're right about what 'most' users want. Most users don't use the PVR feature and have relatively static content. Those of us that do, however, find the 'silly' widgets immensely useful for knowing what's upcoming or newly recorded.

Either way? A UI which obscures content rather than highlighting it is a miss.
Could the teletext button be added to the video osd menu when watching PVR recordings? Currently the button is only visible with live tv. Some channels only use teletext subtitles and the only way to enable them in Kodi is to open the teletext and type the page number for the subtitles.

This is how I got the button to show with recordings. Open skin.estuary/xml/VideoOSD.xml. Find <control type="radiobutton" id="703"> and replace the visibility condition with:

Code:
<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</visible>
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2016-12-09, 21:34)maxtherabbit Wrote: Could the teletext button be added to the video osd menu when watching PVR recordings? Currently the button is only visible with live tv. Some channels only use teletext subtitles and the only way to enable them in Kodi is to open the teletext and type the page number for the subtitles.

This is how I got the button to show with recordings. Open skin.estuary/xml/VideoOSD.xml. Find <control type="radiobutton" id="703"> and replace the visibility condition with:

Code:
<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</visible>

Thx for the heads-up. I am now using "Pvr.HasTxt", that should yield the best results.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Please bring back shift-view for episodes
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3