• 102(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
I think I've figured out what the problem was. After posting that I decided I'd go into my Google account and clean out my list of apps I've given permission to. There were about 10 different ones in there pertaining to this plugin, so I deleted them all. When I tried to auth again it worked. Hopefully if someone else runs into the problem again this'll be able to help them.
The snippet gives no useful information in this case, where a full debug log may have provided contextual information to help. As far as dumped settings, I wasn't sure specifically how or what you did. You may have clicked defaults then cancel/back for all I knew. Wasn't intended to be redundant request of you.

Edit: Good to hear it's resolved and thank you for providing your solution
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Here is how the authentication scheme works.

there are 2 Auth requests (if you use my subscriptions and is enabled).

1st one is Youtube-TV API Key. It gives you access to my subscriptions. (if this is disabled then you only get 1)

Second is The plugin API Key. It gives you access to everything else.

Now Here is one thing everyone wonders why do we keep running into the exceeded quota.

here is the key limit

Youtube-TV key limit (not sure how much but there is a limit)

Plugin Pool key 1

50,000,000 units day
10,000 units per 100 sec per user
3,000,000 queries per / 100 sec

now we're currently at 670,000 units at noon.

right now we're trying to figure out how to optimize this.

Ideally this trap wont effect people who use their own key. The old method was creating a bunch of keys and hoping for the best but google is wise on to this trick.

now they only allow 3,000,000 units per day.

So some of you ask well why don't you ask Youtube to give us more quota.

Mainly there is a whole bunch of red tape to that, plus they'll probably just make us the code they have.

so bare with us.

If you use this app for like purposes other than running it to watch youtube, e.g. use it for restaurant audio i suggest getting your own API key.

I'm still learning the API Key myself so i don't know all the nuances on the api, and anxdpanic has been really great to work with to help me figure this stuff out.

Definitely give him props with the project because w/o him we'd still be on 5.2.2.

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-12-04, 07:36)everlast Wrote: OK jdf76 OK have 16.1 Jarvis got 532 YouTube yesterday updated to 535 from kodi repo but was getting error so reverted back to 532 and you tube working now should install 536 from kodi repo which version is better for my YouTube in kodi. Were is the unoffical 535 what version is better for me to run 535 unofficial or 536 from kodi repo to play playlists from addons.
can you read this jdf76
(2016-12-04, 19:27)everlast Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 07:36)everlast Wrote: OK jdf76 OK have 16.1 Jarvis got 532 YouTube yesterday updated to 535 from kodi repo but was getting error so reverted back to 532 and you tube working now should install 536 from kodi repo which version is better for my YouTube in kodi. Were is the unoffical 535 what version is better for me to run 535 unofficial or 536 from kodi repo to play playlists from addons.
can you read this jdf76

I replied back to you.

I have not upgrade the youtube repo because the new version was mainly for kodi repo.

The unoffical version is to allow you to keep the views you had once before.

5.3.4+ has the new inputstream version and kodi 17 will not have inputstream.mpd when it's released.

Since you asked if it matter since you use jarvis, there are some tweaks that are needed but if you like the views you have, use the unofficial and not the kodi repo. If you don't care about that then use the kodi repo.

Jeff
Just asking what version is best for me 534 unofficial 535 or kodi repo 536.thanks for your assistance jdf76 which YouTube version has the tweaks makes Jarvis run good can you explain thanks jdf76.
For Helix through Krypton (including Jarvis) you want 5.3.6.
(2016-12-04, 16:27)anxdpanic Wrote: @sabrex Not sure specifically as I don't have a LibreELEC install.

inputstream.adaptive is only available in latest nightlies though (not sure which version you're using)

Thanks @anxdpanic. I am running the latest LibreELEC install (7.90.008) which comes with Kodi 17 beta 5. Does this mean that even Kodi 17 beta 6 will not have inputstream.adaptive ... LibreELEC usually releases a new release a few days after a Kodi beta release.
It looks like it will be included in the version following v7.90.008 ALPHA. The nightlies I was referring to were from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814
I'm i missing something but after update of latest version of plugin on rpi with kodi 18 i only have viewtype shift and widelist
(2016-12-05, 00:14)Doktor-X Wrote: I'm i missing something but after update of latest version of plugin on rpi with kodi 18 i only have viewtype shift and widelist

Thats at the request of the kodi devs. The override views were removed and the videos are listed as "videos" and not episodes.

There is a work around.

grab the unofficial version.

Jeff
(2016-12-05, 02:09)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 00:14)Doktor-X Wrote: I'm i missing something but after update of latest version of plugin on rpi with kodi 18 i only have viewtype shift and widelist

Thats at the request of the kodi devs. The override views were removed and the videos are listed as "videos" and not episodes.

There is a work around.

Jeff

Ugh... Was the fact that you can no longer hide the watched videos part of their request? Because that's categorically awful. Yeah, no one would want to be able to easily browse the videos from their subscriptions that they haven't already watched without being deluged with all the shit you've already seen... Plus, you have no way to tell if you've watched it already since the watched/unwatched icon has been replaced by the year of the video (I can't imagine a less useful piece of information for a YouTube video).
Read thru a big part of this thread and appreciate the detailed information regarding the "exceeded daily limit" issue. If a login or personal API is now required, does this mean anonymous use of youtube is over?
(2016-12-05, 02:09)jdf76 Wrote:

There is a work around.

Jeff

Please add an option to use the videos or episodes view. That would be a work around and not installing an UN-official version and have to manually keep it updated. Now all my themes no longer show the length or date of the videos. This request from "kodi devs" is odd to say the least.
Does no one experience lags during 60 fps playback, too?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12