• 185(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-12-05, 00:38)Milhouse Wrote: 1) 10-bit hardware decode is not yet supported - work-in-progress
2) not sure, are you on the latest BIOS etc. for your hardware?
3) again not sure, possibly related to #2

Presumably suspend/resume has never worked for you with any of my test builds? Have you tried the 4.9-rc7 test build #1128x? Also make sure you try #1203 as that includes the latest nvidia driver.

Cheers Milhouse.

I tried #1128x & #1203 builds today with the same results unfortunately. Is x265 HW playback still in development for nVidia hardware as well?

The suspend issue is an odd one alright and hasn't worked with any of the builds I've tried. I've tried all sorts of S3 power state configurations, disabling the onboard Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC and the IR receiver in the bios as well as the Intel AC 3165 wireless adapter in LibreELEC all without any success. Its bizarre that it actually puts the system to sleep for about two to three seconds before auto restarting. Windows 10 just goes to sleep and waits for keyboard response before starting again and the NIC interface functions as normal as well so maybe its something weird between the bios and linux.
H264-10 bit will never be supported.
H265-8bit works
H265-10bit is WIP, but as no dev has hardware yet ... not likely to come anytime soon.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:H265-10bit is WIP, but as no dev has hardware yet ... not likely to come anytime soon.

thats a key feature TongueCool wanna have it, windows sucks
Then consider donating hw / time / efforts to kodi's development department ... http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2387650.html
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Milhouse.

Looking for some advice from you if at all possible, or anyone else on the forum. i've used the nightly builds right upto #1129 (Generic x86) on a X5/Z8300 Cherry Trail ex-Windows 10 Intel system. Generally working fine except for some long lock ups, which might have been from plexkodiconnect, since removed now that Plex have come through with their own Plex to Kodi offeringSmile. What I'd like is advice/view on is where do I go now with #1129? Can it be updated as time goes on, or is there another build that I can put over it whilst retaining addons/settings etc? if not I do understand that it was Dev and not maintained, however I don't want to make the mistake again and have to redo the setups etc. Any thoughts appreciated. I note that Openelec has not been developed for a few months, and Libreelec is back at end of October. I see the Libreelec works in GIT hub, but I'm unsure how to compile/collect any of those in order to create a USB boot image for Libreelec, or whether that would work over the top of #1129 ongoing... Maybe I'm asking too much? Really want to find a stable platform. Android and Beelink GT1 S912 I have, but collapses all of the time and is unreliable. MX3 too, however thats underpowered and lacks memory and is getting old, then there is my Intel Cheery trail, which seems the best option at the moment...
(2016-11-30, 00:31)Milhouse Wrote: @valdi74 can you confirm your Synaptics touchpad is now working as expected since build #1128? Thanks.

I can confirm that it works perfect on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 40-C. It's working as expected also on ThinkPad T450: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-908-po...l#pid21428

Sorry for delay, I didn't notice your question.
Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit
(2016-12-05, 11:08)fritsch Wrote: H264-10 bit will never be supported.
H265-8bit works
H265-10bit is WIP, but as no dev has hardware yet ... not likely to come anytime soon.

Thanks Fritsch, nice to see around still as I remember talking to you about the old HD audio passthru issues a few years ago. Smile

Just had a playabout again and confirmed that 8Bit HEVC works fine on the GTX 1070 but 10 & 12bit sources revert back to the software decoder like you said.
(2016-12-05, 16:02)gazzauk71 Wrote: Hi Milhouse.

Looking for some advice from you if at all possible, or anyone else on the forum. i've used the nightly builds right upto #1129 (Generic x86) on a X5/Z8300 Cherry Trail ex-Windows 10 Intel system. Generally working fine except for some long lock ups, which might have been from plexkodiconnect, since removed now that Plex have come through with their own Plex to Kodi offeringSmile. What I'd like is advice/view on is where do I go now with #1129? Can it be updated as time goes on, or is there another build that I can put over it whilst retaining addons/settings etc? if not I do understand that it was Dev and not maintained, however I don't want to make the mistake again and have to redo the setups etc. Any thoughts appreciated. I note that Openelec has not been developed for a few months, and Libreelec is back at end of October. I see the Libreelec works in GIT hub, but I'm unsure how to compile/collect any of those in order to create a USB boot image for Libreelec, or whether that would work over the top of #1129 ongoing... Maybe I'm asking too much? Really want to find a stable platform. Android and Beelink GT1 S912 I have, but collapses all of the time and is unreliable. MX3 too, however thats underpowered and lacks memory and is getting old, then there is my Intel Cheery trail, which seems the best option at the moment...

Assuming you don't want to continue with Kodi 18, you should upgrade to LibreELEC 8 alpha. 7.90.009 (alpha 9) will be available soon (sometime this week) and will be very similar to the #1129 build. No need for a disk image, just upgrade using the tar file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-12-06, 10:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 16:02)gazzauk71 Wrote: Hi Milhouse.

Assuming you don't want to continue with Kodi 18, you should upgrade to LibreELEC 8 alpha. 7.90.009 (alpha 9) will be available soon (sometime this week) and will be very similar to the #1129 build. No need for a disk image, just upgrade using the tar file.

Thanks for the response. Just checked, downloaded and updated to 7.90.009 this morning using the .TAR file in update folder. All working fine, checked out BBC Iplayer, Plex movies, audio etc, so far. Many thanks for the information.Assume that if I want to go to Kodi 18, then its back onto the nightly builds for that, updating what I have now with the image, without loss of settings etc? Cheers and Seasons Greetings!
@gazzauk71: yes
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is 3dlut supposed to work on nvidia gpu? I tried the last build on my htpc and the 3dlut has no effect.
I'm currently unable to launch the last testbuild or LE 7.90.009 from SD card using my backup that was made when the last LE 7 testbuild was running from the internal SSD of the Chromebox. I'm stuck at the "waiting for network to become online" prompt even though the network is online and I can even access the box via SMB when the prompt is shown! LE 7.90.008 does work using the same backup data.

Can anyone point any significant change regarding this thing? I have not enabled the "wait for network to become online" option because I don't have a MySQL server running.
(2016-12-09, 21:19)Boulder Wrote: I'm currently unable to launch the last testbuild or LE 7.90.009 from SD card using my backup that was made when the last LE 7 testbuild was running from the internal SSD of the Chromebox. I'm stuck at the "waiting for network to become online" prompt even though the network is online and I can even access the box via SMB when the prompt is shown! LE 7.90.008 does work using the same backup data.

Can anyone point any significant change regarding this thing? I have not enabled the "wait for network to become online" option because I don't have a MySQL server running.

Can you connect to the box with ssh and paste the output of the following commands:
Code:
journalctl -a | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml
cat /storage/.cache/libreelec/network_wait

It's possible the network/service settings have been restored incorrectly (wild guess).

You can try the following in turn:

1. Remove the network wait configuration:
Code:
rm /storage/.cache/libreelec/network_wait
and reboot. If you no longer see "Wait for network..." then double check it is disabled in LE Settings.

2. If that doesn't work, try removing the existing LE Settings:
Code:
rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml
then rebooting.

3. If that doesn't work, then rename /storage/.cache with:
Code:
mv /storage/.cache /storage/.cache.bak
and see if that helps.
Guys I have an issue if someone can help out.

I just installed LibreELEC on my HTPC and got the latest Nov build on there and all seems ot be working ok. However when I go to copy addons, I simply cant find the Storage directory. Even though I can see all hidden files this dir is simply not to be found.

These are all the DIR's in the folders:

backup
configfiles
downloads
emulators
logfiles
music
picons
pictures
recordings
screenshots
tv shows
update
userdata
videos

ANy ideas on what I did wrong for it not to have this Dir? Mainly looking to get to /storage/.kodi/addons
/storage is the mount point for the Storage partition. All of the folders you listed are in the Storage partition, and can be accessed via the /storage mount point, ie. /storage/backup etc.
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11