• 10(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Quote:I have a gtx 1070 in W10 Pro. Now I use POWER DVD for 3d blu-ray isos, and kodi for all the rest.

Me too.
This guide shows you how to use both at the same time.
You don't have to specifically use PDVD for 3D and then separately use Kodi for all the rest.
When you are using Kodi, it automatically chooses to use PDVD for 3D iso's.
You don't have to do anything. Kodi will open PDVD for you and start playing your 3D.
When finished watching, close PDVD and you will be back at Kodi.

Quote:I am confused about playing 3d iso with kodi, is it possible or it is necessary to configure an external player?

If you want full Blu-ray menu it is.
If you only want to watch main movie, you could try afedchin build of Kodi. It is not part of official Kodi. It is a forked custom version he and he alone maintains from time to time and you would be dependent on him to continue it's existence and it's future. It does not work anymore for me since I upgraded to 4k but some say it works for 1080 users still. I encourage you to use it if you only intend to watch the main menu from your iso and you are not using 4k.

Quote:In this link --> (sorry, it is in spanish) " https://www.kodimania.com/viewtopic.php?...pic=4810.0 " seems to indicate that yes, that it is possible but may just with a raspberry pi.

I tried a RPI when 1st introduced. It could not handle the high bitrate of full 3DMVC titles and was very slow and frustrating so I gave it away and have never tried again since.
The newer model(s) may work now but I wouldn't know.
I understand they cannot bitstream high end audio like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X either, both common on 3D releases. That doesn't mean you won't hear anything. It means you won't hear it correctly, provided you have the equipment in the first place.
I have no idea if they handle full Blu-ray menus or only play main movie?
For the inexpensive cost of a RPI, it might fit your needs and be worth a try.

There are other forums to confirm and get more specific answers for your questions. Search around for them. There are a bunch.
I think everyone who thought they needed a gadget of some sort (and there are a whole bunch of them) already had the one and only gadget they needed..... A Windows PC.
Imo, you can't get any better than what you already have. PDVD and Windows using Nvidia.
There are a lot of ingredients in this thread, somewhat jumbled, but all the answers are here.
You have Kodi installed (prefer v.17)
You have PDVD installed (prefer v.16)
Add the 1st code from post #112 (playercorefactory) only, and that is probably all you need to do.
Make sure you install and adjust Kodi, PDVD, and Nvidia as written.
If that doesn't work for you, provide your specifications hardware/software/versions/etc and I will help you further.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi,

thanks for answering.

I do not need menus, for me is enough watching the main movie in 3D from a 3D-BLU-RAY-ISO.

So, if I only need this, is kodi enough or I need and external player like PDVD?

About "afedchin build", where is the installer? Can I have both installed (afedchin build and kodi) at the same time?

Thanks
Using his build, you don't need PDVD.
See post #97.
Beyond what is provided in that post, I can't help you since it no longer works at all for me after upgrading to 4k.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxFVk...UpsSXdWLWM
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi brazen1,

I had in mind you wanted to further streamline your guide (i.e. without VirtualCD). This would be very much appreciated because VirtualCD doesn't work anymore for me (using NTF shares).

Thanks
laola
Quote:Although PDVD opens via Kodi script(s), it will not close automatically upon title completion. I mapped alt + 4 to my remote. This kills it and returns you to Kodi still in focus and in fullscreen as you left it.
Is there any other way to kill powerdvd after pressing stop on remote?
I tried to add to PlayISO.bat the following command: taskkill /f /im PowerDVD.exe

So now the script looks like:
Code:
"C:\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe" E:
"C:\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
taskkill /f /im PowerDVD.exe
exit
But is doesn't work. It just stops to unmount BD.
All my remote buttons work simultaneously with Kodi and PDVD.
There are a couple devices I had to use that control both softwares with the same button.
MCE Keyboard and MCE Media Center. Unfortunately, Logitech has taken down the links so I can't give you url's.
Within these devices are several commands that do the same thing.
The object was to find combinations that worked several different hardwares/softwares using the same command.
Been a long time since I setup my Harmony 900 so going from memory for this particular button action....
Add a Device.
MCE Keyboard.
Add MCE Keyboard to Kodi Activity.
Customize Buttons for Kodi.
Select the 'Exit' button and use MCE Keyboard you just added.
Select alt + f4 as the command from the drop down list.
Save.

So, when you finish a title played in PDVD, it will return to the 'Top Menu' where you can scroll through the Blu-ray extras or whatever.
If you press stop, you will return to PDVD file menu.
When you press 'Exit', it will close PDVD and you will be returned to Kodi as you left it.

You can test all this using your PC keyboard before you map the command button.
Here is one list of many I used to understand the relationship between Kodi button commands and PDVD if it helps you as it did me. http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard

(2016-11-20, 22:43)brazen1 Wrote: All my remote buttons work simultaneously with Kodi and PDVD.
There are a couple devices I had to use that control both softwares with the same button.
MCE Keyboard and MCE Media Center. Unfortunately, Logitech has taken down the links so I can't give you url's.
Within these devices are several commands that do the same thing.
The object was to find combinations that worked several different hardwares/softwares using the same command.
Been a long time since I setup my Harmony 900 so going from memory for this particular button action....
Add a Device.
MCE Keyboard.
Add MCE Keyboard to Kodi Activity.
Customize Buttons for Kodi.
Select the 'Exit' button and use MCE Keyboard you just added.
Select alt + f4 as the command from the drop down list.
Save.

So, when you finish a title played in PDVD, it will return to the 'Top Menu' where you can scroll through the Blu-ray extras or whatever.
If you press stop, you will return to PDVD file menu.
When you press 'Exit', it will close PDVD and you will be returned to Kodi as you left it.

You can test all this using your PC keyboard before you map the command button.
Here is one list of many I used to understand the relationship between Kodi button commands and PDVD if it helps you as it did me. http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard

Thank you for explanation brazen, I finally found the right "device" for configure ALT+F4. Now I'm able to close PDVD... Wink
What I have to do now, is check if on PDVD I can skip menu and other useless stuff and play directly the main movie....
People, is there a way to mount NFS share using Virtual Clone drive?

I use the following command (the same sent by Kodi):
"C:\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 192.168.10.6:/mnt/tank/share/MEDIA/VIDEO/test.iso

But the result is: "Can't mount.......". And yes, Windows NFS client package is already installed! Smile
I tried it years ago on W7 with hanewin. No success. Not sure about now? You could try simulated link (mklink) and see if PDVD and/or VCD will.
Can't really help you on this one. All my stuff is local and clients use SMB.

(2016-11-23, 18:34)brazen1 Wrote: I tried it years ago on W7 with hanewin. No success. Not sure about now? You could try simulated link (mklink) and see if PDVD and/or VCD will.
Can't really help you on this one. All my stuff is local and clients use SMB.

Thank you, my research is ongoing Wink I'll report back if I find a solution. I also have SMB shares but since my NAS is used also for other things in other rooms, I chose NFS for Kodi. In this way a can stream movie with high bitrate (NFS) and then copy file from/to NAS or stream in other room (SMB).
HDR/HFR High dynamic range and high-frame rate coming to PowerDVD soon.
The only certified software player to do so.

http://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/com...o?pid=4103

(2016-10-19, 22:43)brazen1 Wrote: If you want full Blu-ray menu it is.
If you only want to watch main movie, you could try afedchin build of Kodi. It is not part of official Kodi. It is a forked custom version he and he alone maintains from time to time and you would be dependent on him to continue it's existence and it's future. It does not work anymore for me since I upgraded to 4k but some say it works for 1080 users still. I encourage you to use it if you only intend to watch the main menu from your iso and you are not using 4k.

Im in the same boat as you, i was using my HTPC (windows based with afedchin 3D MVC build on it), but when i upgraded to a 4K projector i started looking at additional options. I purchased the nVidia Shield and started using the SPMC Kodi fork. This gave me a 4K build. However, I've released that the nVidia Shield even though its 4K its not as good as the picture quality i was receiving from my Windows machine earlier. Also the issue of not being able to play 3D ISO files from the nVidia Shield!!!

So i started searching further and from the 3D player thread on this forum, i decided to go with the Zidoo X9S device, this does everything as i wanted it to, ie. 4K playback, superb picture quality (using external zidoo video player only), 3D playback through ISO files also, even gives me Bluray menus on ISO files!!! So sounds perfect right? Nope it wasn't!!

Im having many issues, the in built ZDMC (Kodi) video player is complete shambles, out of sync audio, very slow etc... So i have to completely rely on using the external video player, which works well but then has issues when you only watch half complete files, it doesn't sync this back with Kodi (ZDMC), and always marks the files are Watched! Also the external subtitles in this Zidoo player is a complete mess at the moment, with faulty fonts being used for subtitle characters. Also coming from using the nVidia Shield, the Zidoo device is painfully slow and laggy, perhaps because the remote is absolute trash, while the nVidia Shields remote is phenomenal and works very smoothly!

So I'm thinking of returning the Zidoo device, but if i do, i just don't know what to go for?!?

Any tips? I can continue to use my HTPC with the afedchin MVC build on it, but my HTPC windows 10 machine, seems to only allow output at max 1080p and not 4K?! Also aren't 3D files anyway limited to 1080p? Is there any benefit of playing 1080p files on a 4K device output? As all my Bluray files are 1080p anyway.

Whats your suggestion to this please?
Quote:So i have to completely rely on using the external video player, which works well but then has issues when you only watch half complete files, it doesn't sync this back with Kodi (ZDMC), and always marks the files are Watched!

Add this to the 'video' section of your advancedsettings.xml to regulate when to mark as watched:

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>

This may not work if Kodi is only monitoring it's internal player and not an external although it's tracking something since it does mark iso's watched. No nfo's either. Give it a try. Keep in mind, an external player presents the option to resume from where you left off once it mounts.

Quote:Is there any benefit of playing 1080p files on a 4K device output?

That depends:

Yes, ONLY if you are using a 4k ACTIVE display.
You will render 1920 X 1080 to EACH eye which appears 4k (one eye + one eye = 2160) and the frame packed screens are also upscaled.

No, if you are using a 1080 display or PASSIVE 4k display.
The best a 1080 display will render is 1920 X 540 to each eye (one eye + one eye = 1920, and no upscale, you have no more pixels to fill).
3D passive 4k displays SKIP every other vertical line so it's end result is halved also.

Fwiw, HSBS is 960x1080 per eye, HTAB is 1920x540 per eye and FULL SBS is 1920x1080 per eye. (Half vs Full encoding)
Full is more advantages using Active 4k and renders 1920 X 1080 to each eye just like Frame Packed MVC.
Using full with passive will make no difference. It still skips every other vertical line as it does using Frame Packed MVC.

Quote:So I'm thinking of returning the Zidoo device, but if i do, i just don't know what to go for?!?

I can't help you with devices nor comment on them. I have no need for any of them. My home built Windows PC does everything all those devices combined can do and more, problem free in one unit, upgradable and highly versatile.

Quote:Any tips? I can continue to use my HTPC with the afedchin MVC build on it, but my HTPC windows 10 machine, seems to only allow output at max 1080p and not 4K?!

I am no longer able to use that build since upgrading to 4k either. I've reached out slightly but never got any replies on other threads so I use v.17 nightlies with PDVD.

(2016-12-07, 19:10)brazen1 Wrote:
Quote:So i have to completely rely on using the external video player, which works well but then has issues when you only watch half complete files, it doesn't sync this back with Kodi (ZDMC), and always marks the files are Watched!

Add this to the 'video' section of your advancedsettings.xml to regulate when to mark as watched:

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>

This may not work if Kodi is only monitoring it's internal player and not an external although it's tracking something since it does mark iso's watched. No nfo's either. Give it a try. Keep in mind, an external player presents the option to resume from where you left off once it mounts.

Quote:Is there any benefit of playing 1080p files on a 4K device output?

That depends:

Yes, ONLY if you are using a 4k ACTIVE display.
You will render 1920 X 1080 to EACH eye which appears 4k (one eye + one eye = 2160) and the frame packed screens are also upscaled.

No, if you are using a 1080 display or PASSIVE 4k display.
The best a 1080 display will render is 1920 X 540 to each eye (one eye + one eye = 1920, and no upscale, you have no more pixels to fill).
3D passive 4k displays SKIP every other vertical line so it's end result is halved also.

Fwiw, HSBS is 960x1080 per eye, HTAB is 1920x540 per eye and FULL SBS is 1920x1080 per eye. (Half vs Full encoding)
Full is more advantages using Active 4k and renders 1920 X 1080 to each eye just like Frame Packed MVC.
Using full with passive will make no difference. It still skips every other vertical line as it does using Frame Packed MVC.

Quote:So I'm thinking of returning the Zidoo device, but if i do, i just don't know what to go for?!?

I can't help you with devices nor comment on them. I have no need for any of them. My home built Windows PC does everything all those devices combined can do and more, problem free in one unit, upgradable and highly versatile.

Quote:Any tips? I can continue to use my HTPC with the afedchin MVC build on it, but my HTPC windows 10 machine, seems to only allow output at max 1080p and not 4K?!

I am no longer able to use that build since upgrading to 4k either. I've reached out slightly but never got any replies on other threads so I use v.17 nightlies with PDVD.

Thanks for your detailed response. I will check a few things on the Zidoo such as the video players bookmark capabilities, should that work for MKV files aswell as ISO files or ISO only usually in external players?

What you suggest for adding <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>, i think only works for the internal player. I will try it, but i don't think Kodi knows anything about the external video player. So can not monitor when its start or finished watching a film. To be honest, i would be happy if its possible that when you come back from the external player to Kodi and click Okay for Playback has ended, that it didn't mark anything on the video at all, then i can manually mark it watched if i feel the need to! But i have no idea if its possible to do this?!

You mention you are using your own Windows based device? What kind of one is this? Im guessing you have one setup like i had my HTPC setup with the 3D MVC build. But the problem with my HTPC is that its about 6 years old, what would i need to upgrade in it to make it 4K compatible? Is it usually just the graphics card? Processor etc....?? I think that the GPU is probably built into the motherboard on this small device. I have to check.

However, with your build what Kodi version are you using then? Because the default Kodi doesn't support everything right such as Passthrough Audio for Atmos/DTS:X and 3D ISO etc...
Quote:To be honest, i would be happy if its possible that when you come back from the external player to Kodi and click Okay for Playback has ended, that it didn't mark anything on the video at all, then i can manually mark it watched if i feel the need to! But i have no idea if its possible to do this?!

I would think most users want it marked 'In progress' or 'Watched', completely the opposite what you'd prefer?
I don't know what "Okay for Playback has ended" is? I never see this.
If I stop a movie half way through and select 'Exit' (alt + f4 mapped to my remote exit button) I'm at Kodi GUI focused on the title.
If I notice it's marked 'Watched' or 'In progress', depending on your skin, and want to mark it 'Unwatched', I have keyboard 'W' button mapped to my remote and simply toggle it.
So, I quit PDVD, and press the 'W' button or do nothing at all and leave it defaulted at 'Watched'.

Quote:You mention you are using your own Windows based device? What kind of one is this? Im guessing you have one setup like i had my HTPC setup with the 3D MVC build. But the problem with my HTPC is that its about 6 years old, what would i need to upgrade in it to make it 4K compatible? Is it usually just the graphics card? Processor etc....?? I think that the GPU is probably built into the motherboard on this small device. I have to check.

As I already stated, I'm using a Windows 10 PC. I originally built this box 10 years or so ago and have upgraded nothing but the GPU along the way. Everything about it is outdated but I prefer the hardware I have as new hardware would gain me little and lose me quite a bit.

Silverstone Lascala SST-LC03 case. I have modified it heavily and managed to cram (10) 3.5" hard drives into it and an additional SSD with no heat problems and it's silent.
Full size motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0) with 11 sata ports and more PCIE lanes than I need.
Intel Xeon X5690 12 core processor with stock fan.
12GB of RAM.
Nvidia GTX 960 using hardware decoding.
The box is the same size as an AVR.

Quote:However, with your build what Kodi version are you using then? Because the default Kodi doesn't support everything right such as Passthrough Audio for Atmos/DTS:X and 3D ISO etc...

As I stated, I don't use the 3D MVC fork. It doesn't work for me after upgrading to 4k. So, I'm using regular Kodi Windows build, v.17 with PDVD as external player. Kodi does not support MVC Frame Packed 3D and why I/we use an external player that does support it. If the Kodi fork ever addresses the problems, I'll switch back to it and disregard the external player. Until then, it's my/our only choice. Kodi does support passthrough for every high bitrate audio such as Atmos and DTS:X. I use both of those and others. Again, I'm using Windows. Can't speak for other devices or operating systems though I know they have limitations.

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39