v14 HDHOMERUN TAKES 8 MINS TO LOAD [LOG INCLUDED]
Any ideas on this add on? FIRE TV 1

Takes a solid 8 minutes!

KODI LOG:

http://pastebin.com/q4mueh6q
Thread moved to hdhomerun section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Wrong HDHomeRun addon. This is for SD's HDHomeRun View video addon, not the PVR client.
^ I am talking about their HD Homerun Video addon. They don't have a PVR addon for the Kodi thing.
(2016-12-08, 03:29)TheLastOfUs Wrote: ^ I am talking about their HD Homerun Video addon. They don't have a PVR addon for the Kodi thing.

There is a third-party PVR client that uses Kodi's PVR Manager to display the EPG and channel listings. This forum is for that addon.

SiliconDust's HDHomeRun View app is a regular video addon, and according to the logs posted, that is the addon the OP had problems with. This is the wrong forum for that.
Technically speaking this forum is simply "HD Homerun" So I do think it belongs here. Feel free to message the mod telling him otherwise
(2016-12-07, 20:08)rpcameron Wrote: Wrong HDHomeRun addon. This is for SD's HDHomeRun View video addon, not the PVR client.
(2016-12-08, 03:29)TheLastOfUs Wrote: ^ I am talking about their HD Homerun Video addon. They don't have a PVR addon for the Kodi thing.

Ummm....this section is for the PVR add-on - not the SD provided add-on. And YES there is a HDHomerun PVR add-on available from the Kodi repo and it works great!!

BUT - you have to be on at least Jarvis for the PVR add-on to work. Helix was WAY before either the PVR or the SD provided add-on so time to update!!!!

"Live TV support"

Notice the & in there. That means "and" though it should be "Or" SD addon = Live TV.

Either way this is the correct place.
No, the correct place is http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154 , which is the Support > Add-ons > Video Add-ons subforum. The HDHomeRun View app from SiliconDust is a video addon. The PVR & Live TV support forums are for those using PVR clients which tie into Kodi's PVR subsystem. Since the addon you are having problems with does not use the PVR subsystem, this is the wrong place.

However, since you seem insistent that this is where you need to turn for help, I'll offer what I can.

What firmware are you running on your device? The current firmware is 20161117 for all devices except the HDTC-2US which is 20161119. Over the past couple of months SD has been changing their DNS and the way in which the devices contact the SD servers (which include getting the DeviceAuth tokens for guide data). Therefore, the first thing to check would be your DNS setup: which DNS nameservers is your network using, and are those the same nameservers that are being sent to the HDHR device to use. After you've verified that you are running the current stable firmware, then additional help could be offered.

Also, have you checked SD's support forums for help? You would probably get better and more specific help from SD's forums than here.
Figured it out - was Watch Dog Service

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHOMERUN TAKES 8 MINS TO LOAD [LOG INCLUDED]0