4K Ultra HD HDR Movies Dolby Atmos
Hello i have a question.

Im using Nvidia shield on 4K 30hz YBchc 4:4:4 and kodi 17 beta 6 and trying to play a UHD HDR mkv filé with atmos. The sound works but the Movie doesent?

I have a Himedia q10 PRO with kodi 17 beta 6 using a wrapper and himediavideoplayer internal video player and the movies works flawless the tv recognizes HDR content and the atmos and DTS x works.

When Will kodis internal player show 4K movies with HDR and Dolby atmos?
Is IT possibal to use a nother player with kodi? Do You guys know of a player that has playback for 4K HDR and Dolby atmos and DTS
No Debug Log no issue - this is a support forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Shield can pass HDR10 metadata only when the output is 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 @ 4K 50/59.94/60Hz. You won't get 10-bit output at 4K 30Hz. If you want HDR10 metadata output, you have to set your Shield's output to 4K 50/59.94/60Hz and enable HDMI UHD color or similar setting on your TV.
(2016-12-15, 19:18)wesk05 Wrote: Shield can pass HDR10 metadata only when the output is 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:0 @ 4K 50/59.94/60Hz. You won't get 10-bit output at 4K 30Hz. If you want HDR10 metadata output, you have to set your Shield's output to 4K 50/59.94/60Hz and enable HDMI UHD color or similar setting on your TV.

Hi guys,

I have a similar issue with a MX10 (RK3328) android box. I have set the android settings to 4K 60hz.
The pre-installed android video player does recognize the videos as HDR. My LG OLED B6 shows it's HDR content. The LG setting: HDMI Ultra HD deep colour is also enabled for the HDMI port.
But still kodi krypton 17.5 does not recognize any video as HDR. 

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?..

edit: I did notice in the video settings of kodi the resolution is set to 1920x1080 at 60hz. But it's grayed out, so Im unable to change this to 4K.. The android box display settings is however is set to 4K.

Regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K Ultra HD HDR Movies Dolby Atmos0