• 185(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-12-10, 08:12)VikkiXavier Wrote: Hey Marcel, here's a thought. Can u make your skin to display a image of the academy award if the movie has won or got nominated for an Oscar? It would look cool , but is it possible? Also is it possible to get the information of which academy awards the movie has won ( like for best director, actor, etc)?

See the answer of @wheatfield below your post.
For Jarvis, use SubString instead of String.Contains
(2016-12-10, 21:54)wheatfield Wrote: I'm having problems displaying anything from skinhelper in the player all of a sudden. This worked for me last week. It's not producing any errors in the log either.

EDIT: I checked it in Titan to make sure it wasn't a problem with my skin, and it doesn't work there either.

Trying to get this to display:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster)]

For what type of content are you trying to show it ?
Any errors in the logs ?
Any one tried the skin backup and restore functionalities? It does backup the settings, but when I tried to restore, I can see a "Restoring" dialog, but it disappeared quickly and nothing restored. When I check the backup file, I found it only backed up the home menu and the submenus, no widgets are backed up. Even the home menu is backed up, it is still not restored. I tried several times, got the same result. I installed the repository.marcelveldt and everything (kodi, addons, etc.) is latest.

I compared the new backup file with the old version of backup file, I see the SKINPROPERTIES.properties file is empty (only a [] in it, 2 bytes) in the new one and contains a lot of information in the old one, so this should be the problem why it can't restore anything.
Just a friendly bump in case this got missed. I've done a little more digging and found that the backgrounds window properties are always empty until I switch to the Titan skin, then they start to populate. And when I switch back to Mimic, they continue to cycle. But if I restart Kodi, the window properties will be empty again until I switch to Titan. Is there something Titan does to initialize the backgrounds service? It's been a while since I cleared the cache, could that be the issue?

Willing to try anything at this point, I'm stumped. Please let me know if a debug log would be useful. Thanks!

(2016-12-11, 07:40)braz Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Having difficulty displaying rotating backgrounds in Mimic now. They don't show up unless I switch skins to Titan and then back to Mimic again. I checked your default skin settings, but didn't find anything related that I'm missing. Didn't see anything related in my logs either. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Hi Marcel Smile
Maybe a little mistake (AC/DC)?
In script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/musicartwork.py function get_all_artists line 612
now is:
Code:
artist.replace(special, special.replace("/", ""))
it should be like this:Blush
Code:
artist = artist.replace(special, special.replace("/", ""))

EDIT1:
Clearlogos and Banners do not work for AC/DC
Is it possible to read albumartist tag instead of artist to avoid this type of issue?

(2016-12-15, 23:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 21:54)wheatfield Wrote: I'm having problems displaying anything from skinhelper in the player all of a sudden. This worked for me last week. It's not producing any errors in the log either.

EDIT: I checked it in Titan to make sure it wasn't a problem with my skin, and it doesn't work there either.

Trying to get this to display:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster)]

For what type of content are you trying to show it ?
Any errors in the logs ?

I'm just playing a movie. If I use Player.Art(poster), it will display an image. But when I try using SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster, it's blank. I'm not sure what is happening, there's nothing in the log.

EDIT: I tried it again in the Titan Krypton beta and it doesn't work there. I changed the poster texture in OSDPanelModern from its default $VAR to $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Poster)], and it won't display anything. No errors in the log. Thanks for any info!
Marcel...this widget are empty after I delete simplecache.db
Some of error
Code:
17:29:56.000 T:2360   ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Music Info Key "dbid"
17:31:57.699 T:3888 WARNING: Skin Helper Widgets --> Incorrect widget action or type called !
Movies
-Favourite
TVShows
-IMDB 250 Top TVShows in Library
-Tags
Episodes
-Unaired Episodes
-Next Airing Episodes
-Favourites
Artists
-Favourites
Albums
-Similar Albums
-Favourites
Songs
-Recommended Songs
-Favourites
Mixed Media
-InProgres and random Media
-Movies and TVShows in IMDB Top250
-Favourite Media
Favourites
-Favourite Media

Please change in Skin.helper.widget:
Code:
17:57:25.306 T:3868   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultSongs.png'
'DefaultAlbums.png' -----------DefaultMusicAlbums.png
'DefaultSongs.png'--------------DefaultMusicSongs.png
'DefaultArtists.png'--------------DefaultMusicArtists.png
'DefaultFiles'-----------------------DefaultFile.png
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2016-12-11, 07:40)braz Wrote: Having difficulty displaying rotating backgrounds in Mimic now. They don't show up unless I switch skins to Titan and then back to Mimic again. I checked your default skin settings, but didn't find anything related that I'm missing. Didn't see anything related in my logs either. Any ideas?

Did you set the skin string to enable it ?

Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay, 30)

Where the number is the amount of seconds between the rotating of images.

The readme was in error about that, I just fixed it.
(2016-12-11, 10:21)Skinnerxyz Wrote: hey marcel

he dont lookup pvr artwork and plot.

when i manuell choose wich one is it, he makes this error at the end of the process. And the kodi crash....

I've just fixed this. Will provide updated version later today.
(2016-12-11, 12:22)Angelinas Wrote: script.module.skin.helper.artutils is in bed code.Not working well.

I delete simplecache.db and after that I have problem.
No Logo,no Banners for library items,when I have "feat." in artist content he use Artist after word "Feat."
I roll back to version="1.0.18" there working correct.

It will use all artists for lookups, that includes featuring artists.
What do you mean exactly with this as I have no clue of your issue.

Tell me EXACTLY what you're trying to do and what the expected outcome should be.
(2016-12-12, 13:34)Guilouz Wrote: Since recent build it's now not possible to set cdart with context menu / artworks options on album item in library.

Will be fixed in next update
(2016-12-12, 13:52)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Marcel,
There is a problem with Fanart.tv Confused
details.get("musicbrainzartistid", self.get_mb_artist_id(artist, album, track)) return [u'ARTIST_ID'] (this is a list.)

Ah, thanks. The error was actually originating somewhere else ( I forrgot about kodi db returning the musicbrainzid as list),
This will be fixed in next version, thanks again for the help.
(2016-12-12, 18:40)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Things are starting to work for me now, didn't have chance to check last week. One question SkinHelper.ListItem.Tracks.Formatted doesn't seem to have Track number? is that correct? none of the Tracks listems included the tracknumber for me?

Nope, indeed. None of them includes the track number. Will add it, available in next update.
(2016-12-12, 21:36)Dumyat Wrote: In the MyPVRChannels.xml file, I currently have it configured to show the current channel title, plot, start/end times and poster artwork. In addition, I'm also displaying the next programme title, along with the next plot, start/end times for the next programme. What I wanted to know is it possible to show the poster artwork for next programme item as well, as I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve this action?

Nope, that scenario is not supported. Skinhelper will only provide window properties for the CURRENT listitem.
If you really want it, you can try to experiment with the webservice that is provided, see section webservice in the wiki.
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18