• 3(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
Hi.

I cannot get back to ES menu after I exit Amiga emulation. I've a black screen after I exit the uae4arm core. In Gamestarter prefs 'libretro' is set for Amiga Emulation.

Any ideas how I get back to ES menu?
the truth is that libretro uae4arm core is totally experimental, and I dont really know why it is not going back to emulationsation, if I use advancedlauncher, then exit core it comes back to kodi... I need to take a look to the script if there is something is missing...
I can't use Advanced Launcher. In every preset I get: Target category not found :-(
(2016-08-21, 00:01)nexusle Wrote: I can't use Advanced Launcher. In every preset I get: Target category not found :-(

Is this happening in Kodi 17? it is a know issue from Advanced Launcher. In categories you can see that I create a Kodi 17 one just testing how to make a walkaround.
The truth is that a new addon called Advanced Emulator Launcher is being developed and it works much better than AL... for future releases it will be the official addon I will include to launch games from kodi.
(2016-07-22, 16:57)bite_your_idols Wrote:
(2016-07-22, 16:51)jolid Wrote: seems promising! Nice work. One quick question, can you load roms from nas?

You can load roms from any source you added to kodi.

Sweet!! So I don't have to get a huge SD card to store roms on .
Just saying some days ago I released latest v2.5 with some structural changes and some new features, you can take a look:
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...es/tag/2.5
I have this problem, selecting the game from the list that Retroarch generates after scanned the folder, Retroarch closes and is reopened Libreelec, and then the game will not start.
In fact this is a problem that can easily solve by starting the game by Advanced Launcher, or by Retroarch with the "select file and detect code" option; but I'd like to know how i can solve this problem.
I think it can be a problem with default core assigned for playlist. You can change it in Retroarch>settings>playlists.
In playlists there is no default core assigned.
I tried to assign one, however the situation has not changed, the games do not start if you select them from the playlists of Retroarch.
(2016-11-25, 12:36)Nembo85 Wrote: In playlists there is no default core assigned.
I tried to assign one, however the situation has not changed, the games do not start if you select them from the playlists of Retroarch.

if you go to settings>playlists there you can see your playlist name and following a core name that you can change with directional buttons?
What playlist with what core are you trying to launch? is the same as when you are selecting with "open content and detect core"?

and the most important, if you activate debugging options in retroarch>settings, what is the content of /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log ?
Gamestarter v2.6 released:

Code:
- imame4all and snes cores renamed.
- EmulationStation themes optional installation from settings.
- Libretro ports optional installation from settings.
- Experimental Libretro cores optional installation from settings.
- RetroArch and its assets updated.
- Advanced Emulator Launcher updated to v0.9.4.
- Wonderswan core included and some cores updated.
- Sample/demo roms removed.
- Gamestarter splash screen.
- Emulationstation theme mod: Simple-nodata.
- Retroarch menu combo key: L1+R1+select+start
- Minor updates, bug fixes and code debugging.

https://goo.gl/MyeLn9

enjoy!
(2016-11-25, 12:40)bite_your_idols Wrote: and the most important, if you activate debugging options in retroarch>settings, what is the content of /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log ?

The content of gamestarter.log is:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
::Gamestarter:: -> disable alsa...
::Gamestarter:: -> restart kodi...
(2016-12-19, 12:35)Nembo85 Wrote:
(2016-11-25, 12:40)bite_your_idols Wrote: and the most important, if you activate debugging options in retroarch>settings, what is the content of /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log ?

The content of gamestarter.log is:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
::Gamestarter:: -> disable alsa...
::Gamestarter:: -> restart kodi...

if you go to settings>playlists there you can see your playlist name and following a core name that you can change with directional buttons.
What playlist with what core are you trying to launch? is the same as when you are selecting with "open content and detect core"?
(2016-12-19, 12:38)bite_your_idols Wrote: if you go to settings>playlists there you can see your playlist name and following a core name that you can change with directional buttons.

Updating Gamestarter to the latest version, now the problem no longer occurs.

But I did notice one thing; in the previous version, for to move in the menus of Retroarch, i used the X button to accept and the Z key to go back, whereas now, in this new version, i have to use the Enter key to accept and the Backspace key to go back.

The other basic controls are disabled (such as the S key for searching in the menu items).

Although this is not really a big problem, because when I play with Retroarch on the Raspberry Pi i use a Playstation 3 controller, but is there a procedure to return the controls as they were in the previous version?
(2016-12-24, 21:33)Nembo85 Wrote:
(2016-12-19, 12:38)bite_your_idols Wrote: if you go to settings>playlists there you can see your playlist name and following a core name that you can change with directional buttons.

Updating Gamestarter to the latest version, now the problem no longer occurs.

But I did notice one thing; in the previous version, for to move in the menus of Retroarch, i used the X button to accept and the Z key to go back, whereas now, in this new version, i have to use the Enter key to accept and the Backspace key to go back.

The other basic controls are disabled (such as the S key for searching in the menu items).

Although this is not really a big problem, because when I play with Retroarch on the Raspberry Pi i use a Playstation 3 controller, but is there a procedure to return the controls as they were in the previous version?

I really don't know what has been changed to produce that issue, but you can change all buttons/keys config with retroarch settings menu.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1