• 235(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-12-15, 18:29)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 00:06)halfelite Wrote:
(2016-12-07, 19:38)hausmanis Wrote: Still cant help feeling abit sad for, how hard is it to create 1 option that is good at everything ? i mean Nvidia Shield seemed so damn nice but NOES still cant do hd 7.1 and other important bits lacking aswell
And pro10 and zidox9s sure they got potential but still are in "beta" more or less

who will make the first perfect media player ? and when ? that is the question

It will never happen there is to many different types of people out there. From a pure you own your files and rip them yourself you cant beat the reliability of a stand alone player but with that reliability you lose out on a nice UI. If you want a nice easy to use UI without a standard set of hardware behind it you lose out on reliability. The you get into the details. The Shield is the most complete android package but missing 3D is a huge no go for some people. To make an all in one perfect media player takes a huge amount of money and I just dont think the market is there to get your money back. To cut agreements with netflix/hulu/amazon/vudu, have bit perfect PQ and AQ while supporting atmos/dts:X/Auro-3D as well as downmixing for people with stereo only. Then add on top 3D/HDR/DolbyVision playback maybe dvd/bluray menus in a complete package that is easy to use is a huge task and a lot of money.

Not quite true actually, nVidia Shield was already almost there and is probably the closest to reaching it. The only thing it was missing was 3D MVC Support, if they added that it would have been the ideal perfect box.

nvidia shield should have no issues with 3D MVC playback, your just not going to get a full res frame packed playback, correct me if im wrong.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-12-20, 18:33)dukester Wrote: nvidia shield should have no issues with 3D MVC playback, your just not going to get a full res frame packed playback, correct me if im wrong.
It doesn't decode MVC in ISO or MKV.
(2016-12-20, 19:45)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 18:33)dukester Wrote: nvidia shield should have no issues with 3D MVC playback, your just not going to get a full res frame packed playback, correct me if im wrong.
It doesn't decode MVC in ISO or MKV.

hmm not even with SPMC?

i thought 3D ISO to SBS was a thing now..
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-12-20, 21:29)dukester Wrote: hmm not even with SPMC?

i thought 3D ISO to SBS was a thing now..
SPMC with Amlogic SoCs. Not with nVIDIA Shield.
There is a SPMC for the shield out now though ? anyone tried it ?
(2016-12-20, 23:51)hausmanis Wrote: There is a SPMC for the shield out now though ? anyone tried it ?

Yes I've had SPMC installed on my shield for many months now, it doesn't play 3d ISO
This is interesting... 2016 saw the most 3D releases than any other year since 2010...
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=286244
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I watched Rogue One on digital IMAX 3D the other day - excellent, but theres another nearby IMAX capable of showing it using 15/70mm in 2D, so off to that at weekend to compare.

Also watched In the "Heart Of The Sea" (about Moby Dick) last night (TV - Sony 55W905)), very effective, even impressed the missus!

Planning on buying new TV (OLED) and PJ (4K) next year so hoping 3D is still a feature by then (some are dropping it already)
(2016-12-22, 14:55)JustAnotherUser Wrote: I watched Rogue One on digital IMAX 3D the other day - excellent, but theres another nearby IMAX capable of showing it using 15/70mm in 2D, so off to that at weekend to compare.

Also watched In the "Heart Of The Sea" (about Moby Dick) last night (TV - Sony 55W905)), very effective, even impressed the missus!

Planning on buying new TV (OLED) and PJ (4K) next year so hoping 3D is still a feature by then (some are dropping it already)

i picked up the curved 65" LG OLED. it is simply breathtaking! and the passive 3D stunning.

thought the curve would be a gimmick but even hanging on the wall it looks sharp and stylish. the curve introduces no distortion to the image but adds very little either except asthetically pleasing for some like me

OLED65C6P. highly recommended. also supports 4K and BOTH HDR formats
Curious, is the viewing angle more limited w/curved screen? Meaning needing to mostly be right in front of the TV?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I could never go curve.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-12-23, 16:43)hdmkv Wrote: Curious, is the viewing angle more limited w/curved screen? Meaning needing to mostly be right in front of the TV?

After a while your eyes get use to it, for you to notices the curve effect you need a bigger screen.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I have that same curved LG OLED. I don't notice it at all, it's not as pronounced of a curve the Samsung's have, though. Doesn't limit the viewing angle either, my kids actually say they like it better, and we have some seats in the basement that I would classify as "extreme angle" viewing.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-12-23, 16:43)hdmkv Wrote: Curious, is the viewing angle more limited w/curved screen? Meaning needing to mostly be right in front of the TV?

not at all. it is not nearly as curved as you might think. i had no interest and was all set for the non curved 3D model but i was able to find a store that had the curved mounted on a wall and plenty of space to view from angles i would have in my home theater. i was pleasantly surprised. dead center and fairly close it does have a minor immersive feel to it. otherwise it just looks good. but looks are completely subjective so i highly recommend you view before you buy

that said, OLED 4K and in passive 3D (that 4K helps!) is simply stunning. you will never see black levels and color fidelity this good. the exterior scenes in LOTR and Hobbit movies make you feel you can fall into the scene

i stepped up from one of the last Panasonic Plasma TVs. that has been relagted to a fsmily tv now.

and finally it supports both HDR formats. so i dont care which becomes the dominent standard
(2016-12-24, 00:21)TheShoe Wrote: and finally it supports both HDR formats. so i dont care which becomes the dominent standard

Both? There are three :

DolbyVision
HDR-10
HLG

DolbyVision and HDR-10 are both PQ-based and used for drama and movies. HLG is based on Log Gamma and is the most likely to be used by broadcasters (both for live and catch-up/on-demand)
  • 235(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17