• 5(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
(2016-12-12, 23:36)SilentStrike Wrote: Hey ddb86,

First off, gotta say I love the background! Very simple, and well done!

However, I've encountered a bug I thought I'd share with you. Well... Bug/not as the software intended, but I'm sure I might be the only one to try and do this.

Basically, if I set a background folder and there are multiple images, everything works fine, but if I set a folder with only a single image, the plugin will freeze whenever it starts looking for the next picture (and can't find it).
Maybe you could add a check for how many files and just skip the "slideshow" if it doesn't find multiple images.. Or maybe just add a choice box for single image background or something. Just ideas on how to fix it!

Edit: I also noticed another bug.. If the contents of the folder has changed since either Kodi was reset, or the specified folder has been reset, it won't show a background. It'll just show black.

Yeah I haven't tested it with just one image to be honest, it was never meant to be used with one normal wallpaper (due to the burn in effect), but it shouldn't freeze either. I'll fix that as soon as I get some free time.

Not sure I understand the second scenario, can you give me more details please?
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
Yeah, I understand the fear of the burn in effect, but at that point, adding a general warning about "stand still things vs burning effect" to your SS should just take care of those worries.

2nd scenario is pretty simple...

1- Run Kodi
2- Set specific folder for background slideshow.
3- Add pictures, or remove pictures, from specific background folder while Kodi is still running
4- Test background.

It'll show a black screensaver. Basically changing the contents of the background folder while Kodi is still running creates an issue with the add-on displaying the background images.
(2016-12-13, 00:56)SilentStrike Wrote: Yeah, I understand the fear of the burn in effect, but at that point, adding a general warning about "stand still things vs burning effect" to your SS should just take care of those worries.

2nd scenario is pretty simple...

1- Run Kodi
2- Set specific folder for background slideshow.
3- Add pictures, or remove pictures, from specific background folder while Kodi is still running
4- Test background.

It'll show a black screensaver. Basically changing the contents of the background folder while Kodi is still running creates an issue with the add-on displaying the background images.

If you change the contents of a background folder that screws up Kodi a bit, but it should work.
I know Kodi has some problems displaying some images from time to time.
New update for new year!

- Repacked the options
- Added custom position option and showing of thumbnail for now playing media
- Fixed up a slideshow bug
The "Element Size Increase" no longer has any affect for me. I think something has changed in the latest Kodi nightly builds. I've tried both 3.7.0, and 3.8.0 of the addon
(2016-12-20, 05:38)Mfleigle Wrote: The "Element Size Increase" no longer has any affect for me. I think something has changed in the latest Kodi nightly builds. I've tried both 3.7.0, and 3.8.0 of the addon

Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.
I presume with normal releases everything works just fine?
Do you have any idea which nightly build started to experience this?
If you can figure that out it will help me immensely with fixing the issue.
Hey vdb86,

Thanks for a great screensaver, I've been using it for a while.

Could you please tell me how to stop the colon blinking?
I had it set up in the previous version by playing with settings.xml (I think), but the addon got automatically updated and now I can't remember what I did before.

Also, if I choose "Random position" for the movement and encrease the element size to anything higher than 100%, the clock won't stay within the screen borders. It gets cut off or even completely disappears from the screen.

Thanks!
(2016-12-22, 18:09)fijasko Wrote: Hey vdb86,

Thanks for a great screensaver, I've been using it for a while.

Could you please tell me how to stop the colon blinking?
I had it set up in the previous version by playing with settings.xml (I think), but the addon got automatically updated and now I can't remember what I did before.

Also, if I choose "Random position" for the movement and encrease the element size to anything higher than 100%, the clock won't stay within the screen borders. It gets cut off or even completely disappears from the screen.

Thanks!

It can't be stopped in a normal way, but I can add that option when I get a chance, not a problem.

That's weird...
Not sure why that is happening.
I tested it on several laptops and monitors and it never went outside the screen.
Can you tell me what's your resolution within the Kodi?
GUI resolution of course.
(2016-12-22, 19:05)vdb86 Wrote: It can't be stopped in a normal way, but I can add that option when I get a chance, not a problem.

That's weird...
Not sure why that is happening.
I tested it on several laptops and monitors and it never went outside the screen.
Can you tell me what's your resolution within the Kodi?
GUI resolution of course.

Sure, it's 1920x1080.

I'm using Kodi for Windows on my 1920x1080 laptop.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Edit:
In the past I was using this screensaver similar to yours: https://github.com/brantje/screensaver.clock , with the bounce option. The clock stayed within the screen. Maybe it can be of some help.
(2016-12-22, 19:47)fijasko Wrote: Sure, it's 1920x1080.

Edit:
In the past I was using this screensaver similar to yours: https://github.com/brantje/screensaver.clock , with the bounce option. The clock stayed within the screen. Maybe it can be of some help.

I have just checked the whole thing again on both my laptop (windows 7) and TV (OSMC running Kodi) and I can't reproduce this.
There is a special part in the code which limits the position itself, I can't figure out how the text can move outside those boundaries.
Have you changed anything in the code or the xml?
Are you using the current version?
What happens if you chose Bounce option, does it go outside of the screen too?
Is that resolution set in Kodi too?
(2016-12-22, 21:37)vdb86 Wrote:
(2016-12-22, 19:47)fijasko Wrote: Sure, it's 1920x1080.

Edit:

I have just checked the whole thing again on both my laptop (windows 7) and TV (OSMC running Kodi) and I can't reproduce this.
There is a special part in the code which limits the position itself, I can't figure out how the text can move outside those boundaries.
Have you changed anything in the code or the xml?
Are you using the current version?
What happens if you chose Bounce option, does it go outside of the screen too?
Is that resolution set in Kodi too?

Strange.

I'm on Win 7 too.
It's the same with Bounce.

I've checked everything on my end, at least I think so.

I'm using v. 3.8.0, but it was the same with previous versions too.

Tried with changing the skin from Arctic Zephyr to default Estuary, same. I'm on Kodi Krypton beta 7.

Both my laptop and Kodi are set to 1920x1080p.

Haven't touched the code or the xml.

Also I don't have any problems during video playback.
(2016-12-23, 00:51)fijasko Wrote: Strange.

I'm on Win 7 too.
It's the same with Bounce.

I've checked everything on my end, at least I think so.

I'm using v. 3.8.0, but it was the same with previous versions too.

Tried with changing the skin from Arctic Zephyr to default Estuary, same. I'm on Kodi Krypton beta 7.

Both my laptop and Kodi are set to 1920x1080p.

Haven't touched the code or the xml.

Also I don't have any problems during video playback.

Hmmm, I know that Krypton kills some functionality.
Can you tell me what's the situation with previous version of Kodi, Jarvis?
(2016-12-23, 08:50)vdb86 Wrote: Hmmm, I know that Krypton kills some functionality.
Can you tell me what's the situation with previous version of Kodi, Jarvis?

Honestly, I can't remember.
I've been using Krypton since the first alphas and now I'm on the last beta before the release. I don't know when I made the switch from another clock screensaver to yours.
It's quite possible Krypton is the culprit.
Unfortunately, I can't test it with the Jarvis version. Maybe you or someone else can test it with Krypton?

I enabled the ping pong screensaver which also has a bounce-like movement and it's working correctly.
But it doesn't have the option for changing the size.

I noticed if I choose Custom fixed position, the custom value for X is 1-1280 and for Y position 1-720. Shouldn't it be 1-1920 and 1-1080?
I double checked and my resolution in Windows and in Kodi is definitely set to 1920x1080.
(2016-12-23, 15:27)fijasko Wrote: Honestly, I can't remember.
I've been using Krypton since the first alphas and now I'm on the last beta before the release. I don't know when I made the switch from another clock screensaver to yours.
It's quite possible Krypton is the culprit.
Unfortunately, I can't test it with the Jarvis version. Maybe you or someone else can test it with Krypton?

I enabled the ping pong screensaver which also has a bounce-like movement and it's working correctly.
But it doesn't have the option for changing the size.

I noticed if I choose Custom fixed position, the custom value for X is 1-1280 and for Y position 1-720. Shouldn't it be 1-1920 and 1-1080?
I double checked and my resolution in Windows and in Kodi is definitely set to 1920x1080.

The resolution doesn't completely work like that, but it doesn't matter.
When a stable Krypton is released I'll check it out, I'm still playing around with Jarvis.

This will be sorted out in the near future.
(2016-12-23, 16:55)vdb86 Wrote: The resolution doesn't completely work like that, but it doesn't matter.
When a stable Krypton is released I'll check it out, I'm still playing around with Jarvis.

This will be sorted out in the near future.

Okay, thanks so much for your work
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5