• 198(current)
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-12-21, 21:14)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 23:40)oattes Wrote: I've raised this previously, but I'll nag ;-). I still don't think that the options of 'show watched items in recently added lists' and 'show watched items in widgets' provide enough flexibility in configuring whether or not watched items show in various views/widgets. For me the issue is in widgets. With only a global option for showing watched items I can't get the behaviour I want in the widgets. In particular, and this might just be me, I can't get a recently added widget that does not show watched items and a random widget that shows watched items. I think you need to return to the previous behaviour where 'recently added' style widgets do not contain watched items and other widgets do; or added two options for including watched items in the skin helper service widgets: one option for 'recent' widgets and one option for all other widgets; or make the option apply on a widget by widget basis in the shortcut configurations similar to the options for tags or layout.

Next update of SkinHelper Widgets addon will contain a setting to hide the watched items from recent listings only.

Works perfectly. Thanks!

PS. It looks like my problems with widget refresh are related to using DSPlayer. There must be something odd with the way the video subsystem exits a video -- perhaps failing to send the correct signals(?) back to Kodi. It's very strange that the video watched status updates but that somehow the widgets (and the next episode submenu/shortcut) do not update. The widgets consistently work fine with a standard build -- so it's appears to be a DSPlayer issue. You're off the hook ;-).
Strange problem:

See the widget for the PBS NewsHour -- there's no label. I've tried to find some detail as to why this is happening. Logfile shows nothing, debug log shows nothing, checked the recording files and there's nothing unusual in the names, I'm mystified. Any ideas? Other data I could collect?

(2016-12-24, 06:08)oattes Wrote: PS. It looks like my problems with widget refresh are related to using DSPlayer. There must be something odd with the way the video subsystem exits a video -- perhaps failing to send the correct signals(?) back to Kodi. It's very strange that the video watched status updates but that somehow the widgets (and the next episode submenu/shortcut) do not update. The widgets consistently work fine with a standard build -- so it's appears to be a DSPlayer issue. You're off the hook ;-).

If you enable kodi debug logging, you will get entries spewed in the log by the skinhelper background service for all notifications it receives.
Skinhelper will refresh the widgets once it receives a "database updated" signal from Kodi which indicates that the watched state and/or resume point was changed.
Maybe the resume point will not be set if you're using DSPlayer ?
(2016-12-26, 03:31)oattes Wrote: See the widget for the PBS NewsHour -- there's no label. I've tried to find some detail as to why this is happening. Logfile shows nothing, debug log shows nothing, checked the recording files and there's nothing unusual in the names, I'm mystified. Any ideas? Other data I could collect?

The ONLY way this would happen is if the item has a landscape image. In this case my guess is that a thumb or fanart image is set as landscape art.
If you go into the recordings view, you can manually check/override the artwork from the context menu. If you clear the landscape art (or set a proper one) it will be fixed.
(2016-12-26, 14:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-26, 03:31)oattes Wrote: See the widget for the PBS NewsHour -- there's no label. I've tried to find some detail as to why this is happening. Logfile shows nothing, debug log shows nothing, checked the recording files and there's nothing unusual in the names, I'm mystified. Any ideas? Other data I could collect?

The ONLY way this would happen is if the item has a landscape image. In this case my guess is that a thumb or fanart image is set as landscape art.
If you go into the recordings view, you can manually check/override the artwork from the context menu. If you clear the landscape art (or set a proper one) it will be fixed.

Hmmm... that's it. But -- question -- just what's the difference between a jpg for fanart and a jpg for landscape?
(2016-12-26, 13:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 06:08)oattes Wrote: PS. It looks like my problems with widget refresh are related to using DSPlayer. There must be something odd with the way the video subsystem exits a video -- perhaps failing to send the correct signals(?) back to Kodi. It's very strange that the video watched status updates but that somehow the widgets (and the next episode submenu/shortcut) do not update. The widgets consistently work fine with a standard build -- so it's appears to be a DSPlayer issue. You're off the hook ;-).

If you enable kodi debug logging, you will get entries spewed in the log by the skinhelper background service for all notifications it receives.
Skinhelper will refresh the widgets once it receives a "database updated" signal from Kodi which indicates that the watched state and/or resume point was changed.
Maybe the resume point will not be set if you're using DSPlayer ?

I'll take a look at this the next time I feel the need for DSPlayer. I have noticed that when a video exits there are often strange results with DSPlayer. Resume points usually get set, but are oddly lost from time to time. This may all be part of the issue. In any case, I probably need to ween myself off of DSPlayer with the approach of Krypton. Thanks!
(2016-12-26, 14:11)oattes Wrote:
(2016-12-26, 14:01)marcelveldt Wrote:

Hmmm... that's it. But -- question -- just what's the difference between a jpg for fanart and a jpg for landscape?

Landscape art contains the title in the image

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2016-12-19, 01:40)burekas Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 19:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: b. Internal addons items which add to the Favorites doesn't have background in the Favorites widgets, it shows black background.
My suggestion: Show the addon fanart for them or use the Global Background setting or use the thumbnail image as background for them (I'm preferring the first one, or you can make it as a choice for the user)
I told you this in other post: Make sure that the addon actually provides a fanart.jpg in it's addon folder on disk.
If you want more control over the images displayed, you shoud consider switching to super favourites.
As I told you, they have fanart.jpg but still the background is black when standing on them.
(3.6.101)

(2016-12-18, 19:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 01:29)burekas Wrote: 5) Bug: There is something strange with the video info screen regarding the Trailer/YouTube Trailer/YouTube Videos buttons.
Sometimes they are missing, sometimes after pressing they are disappearing again. something isn't stable about them.
Fixed in next beta
Still the same (3.6.101)
I think it happens after using another addon with Video Information and the Trailers buttons. I'm still testing it.

All the others checked and it's ok (Include the "Default widgets" list issue)

Thanks.
Hi Marcel,

Did you check these open issues?

Thanks.
Marcel thanks for the new beta skin update,but have an issue ( The netflix style homemenu layout the spotlight widget has an issue it's not rotating anymore !) Also tested with a full clean install kodi jarvis 16.1 but also then stilll the same it is not rotating the rest works great so far.

Thanks again for you great work don't have any issues with the Netflix style homemenu layout 2 Smile
Hi Marcel,

I've got a little wish for your great skin ...

Is it possible to create an option for hiding the "Specials" season from TV shows? I personally watch my specials only via the regular seasons and so it would be very nice if "Specials" isn't visible.

Thanks a lot!
(2016-12-27, 00:58)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Is it possible to create an option for hiding the "Specials" season from TV shows? I personally watch my specials only via the regular seasons and so it would be very nice if "Specials" isn't visible.

Thanks a lot!

Are you not able to get the behaviour you want from the Kodi settings? C.f. the video library setting "Include 'All Seasons' and 'Specials'".

Well! I always thought that the Kodi settings actually worked! But they don't (and I guess you already knew that ;-).

+1 for Titan to honour this setting!
Marcel, I've been thinking (dangerous) about the behaviour of widget refresh. I understand (I think) that you have two types of triggers for refreshing a widget -- a signal from Kodi that library data has changes, and a periodic (timed?) refresh. I'm not sure what is the relationship between timed refreshes and the 'force refresh' widget option. In any case, when I create a widget from a video add-on (in my case PBS and iPlayer), titan refreshes the widget fairly often (not sure about the exact rules, but it's many times a day. This perhaps drives unusual traffic to the web site hosting the videos (and certainly drives many logins to my accounts there). I'm wondering if you could provide some option for such widgets to refresh much less frequently -- perhaps options of 'daily', every 12 hours, every 4 hours?
(2016-12-27, 21:54)oattes Wrote:
(2016-12-27, 00:58)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot!

Are you not able to get the behaviour you want from the Kodi settings? C.f. the video library setting "Include 'All Seasons' and 'Specials'".

Well! I always thought that the Kodi settings actually worked! But they don't (and I guess you already knew that ;-).

+1 for Titan to honour this setting!

The option you told is for jumping to the first unwatched episode, not for hiding the "Specicals" season ... Wink
Where is the color picker on this skin... I cant get the color picker to appear using jarvis 16.1. I made sure i had the skin helper addon but the color picker shows up under the orphaned addons. Can anyone help.
Problems with the update of "Skin Helper Artwork and metadata Module" (which is: script.module.skin.helper.artutils-1.0.25.zip)

Log:
17:55:19 T:14972 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\artutils.py
17:55:19 T:14972 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/artutils.py
17:55:19 T:14972 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\artutils.py
17:55:19 T:14972 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/artutils.py
17:55:19 T:14972 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.skin.helper.artutils]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils
  • 198(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11