• 22(current)
Bug reports
Beta 7, running on windows 8.1, navigating with a mouse.

This is my first experience with Estuary. Overall it seems to be fine but there are issues here and there.

1. When I use it as a DLNA client, say, using it for playing videos on another Kodi installation on another computer, I cannot access the video controls at all, meaning I cannot pause, stop or seek the video and have to go to the other computer.

2. The fly-out options menu that appears on the left side of the screen, disappears as soon as I move the mouse. I cannot access the controls unless I move the mouse really fast and basically catch them before they go off screen.

P.S. This one is actually a feature request. It took me a while to find out how to go back in menus. I have to either right-click (usually in an empty space) or click on the top-left corner. They work mostly fine but IMO, a simple Back button somewhere in the UI would be a better option sometimes.
I am running LE on Odroid C2 with 7.90.010 / Beta 7, with standard Estuary Skin and i am facing a lot of issues, when navigating with the mouse.

- If i navigate to movies on the main screen, i can not navigate between the rows from top to the bottom and vice versa. Left<->Right works fine. Using mouse-wheel, trying to click and pull, nothing seems to help.

- I go to Addons-> Addon-Browser-> install from Rep->all Rep. Now i want to select PVR-Clients with the mouse, if i navigate from top to buttom, it jumps from "I" to "S" and if i try to navigate from buttom to top, it jumps from "S" to "B". Clicking on PVR-Clients, Program-Addons, Music-Addons etc. is nearly impossible, you really have to move your mouse pixel by pixel.

- The option menu on the left side auto-hides immediately, when the mouse is not over text or on the absolutely left side.
KODI doesn't remember always enable subtitles setting

Menu is not centered:

(2016-12-24, 20:19)eddman Wrote: Beta 7, running on windows 8.1, navigating with a mouse.

This is my first experience with Estuary. Overall it seems to be fine but there are issues here and there.

1. When I use it as a DLNA client, say, using it for playing videos on another Kodi installation on another computer, I cannot access the video controls at all, meaning I cannot pause, stop or seek the video and have to go to the other computer.

2. The fly-out options menu that appears on the left side of the screen, disappears as soon as I move the mouse. I cannot access the controls unless I move the mouse really fast and basically catch them before they go off screen.

P.S. This one is actually a feature request. It took me a while to find out how to go back in menus. I have to either right-click (usually in an empty space) or click on the top-left corner. They work mostly fine but IMO, a simple Back button somewhere in the UI would be a better option sometimes.

I installed the nightly 20161225-f4e69a4 on a second system, a windows 7 laptop.

Haven't tried DLNA client playback to see if I can access the playback controls yet, but the left-side options menu bug is still there.

After working with the skin a bit more, I think besides a proper Back button, a Home button is also in order.

I found new bugs:

3. Vertical scrolling with a mouse is very unreliable. I tested it in the TV shows page (not the sub-page but on homescreen itself. The one that shows up after you hover over "TV shows"). It seems that vertical scrolling works (although still not fully) only if the mouse cursor is at the very edge of top and bottom of the screen.

4. In "Interface settings -> Skin -> Configure skin... -> Main menu items...", I cannot open/access any of the "-Edit categories..." options, either by clicking or with the Enter key.

Ok, I didn't know that you need Library Node Editor to edit categories and Kodi itself did not warn me at all. I learned this only after installing the latest 20161227-052e7a8 nightly, which warns users if Library Node Editor is not installed. So it wasn't really a bug. Scratch one off.
(2016-12-22, 20:22)MikeKL Wrote: Is it just me, anyone else noticing the pink/red hue in upper left and lower right corners of the Estuary skin in recent milhouse builds for rpi? (Not sure which build introduced this planned? background change in default skin?)

Does not matter what colour background I switch to when using default Estuary theme, they all have what in my opinion is an unexpected/strange hue? (Looks ugly)

Previously posted here
The red hue was added by me and you can change the texture of the colored overlay. However, the color has been changed again recently and made it more boring again (IMO). People that didn't want the overlay have the option to simply remove it by selecting "none" for the overlay texture in the skin settings, but so what.
Hi, I just updated one of my NUC's to LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA, and I do love the new default skin.
But, I find the usability of the on/off slider switches to be very poor, i.e. it is impossible to tell if the switch is on or off.

E.g. in the install wizard it shows SSH and SMB on/off options, and if it was not for me remembering that SSH is normally off by default, I would not have been able to tell which is on and which is off.
I bet if you present an on image and an off image, not both at the same time, to a person seeing the image for the first time, they would not be able to tell if it is supposed to represent on or off.

Please do consider changing the switch appearance and UX to make it obvious if the state is on or off.
The solid vs. outline is insufficient to tell the state apart when there is no reference point to use for comparison.
That's a fair point about the toggle switches - perhaps off should be greyed out/darker, while the on position is full white.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
is that an estuary problem, or an issue with the LE addon?

the difference between on/off looks pretty obvious to me...

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-29, 23:56)ronie Wrote: is that an estuary problem, or an issue with the LE addon?

the difference between on/off looks pretty obvious to me...

Neither, as it turns out.

I had thought I'd seen the behaviour described by @ptr727 but I've just tested latest Kodi 18 master and the toggle buttons are behaving just fine - "off" is grey/dark, while "on" is white/bright, so I don't think there's a problem any where. I've tested this in regular Settings (eg. Player Settings), the LE Settings add-on and the LE first run wizard - in all cases the "off" and "on" states are visually distinguishable.

Sorry for the noise...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Simple test, I show you one button, either state, would you know if it means on or off?

On my TV during the LE install when I am shown the SSH and SMB option switches, I can see one button is darker than the other, but I still don't know which one is on and which one is off.

Obviously I now know the difference, but in a consumer is king UX world, a wonder what it means on first impression, could be a fail.
Solutions; write on / off, enabled / disabled, 1 / 0 (not next to slider because that is also confusing, I am I on now or do I move to the on position), radio buttons, a short intro blurb when the object is first used, or do nothing.
I'd have thought the darkened state would be sufficient to suggest "off" without any further visual cues.
On music visualisation seekbar is always visible, is this considered a bug or intended behaviour?
Music video random artist widget doesn't seem very random to me Wink

EDIT: Random music videos seems to work after it finished scanning.
Hi, I was trying this new amazing skin with latest Krypton nightly build but I have an issue with scrolling vertically widgets in the homescreen:

- I can't scroll down the widgets with touch input (I use a Surface Pro with Win10) or neither with mouse touchpad. It only works with keyboard arrows.
- But scroll works fine in the homescreen in horizontal position inside widgets...
- In other list views around the skin the scroll is just fine (but there's the scroll bar showing up, maybe this is the reason)
- Also in settings lists scrolling is working partially, as the only way I have to scroll the list is with the side scrollbar or arrows of course.

Please fix these issues before the stable release, as I'd really like to use this skin and new Kodi but everything has to work fine with just touch input in order to upgrade to v17 for me at least.

I'd have also a little request: with touch input option enabled under skin settings, please add "Home" and "Back" buttons as it happens for volume/favourites/power ones. (I know that clicking on the title it goes back but it isn't always there...)
One last thing, add the function that selecting the "now playing" title it goes to the playback view, just like Estouchy skin.

Thank you in advance! Big Grin
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug reports5