• 33(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Just disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video and use instead Sync Playback to Display. Make a blind test with your family - they won't realize. No need to invest in hw that cannot even stutterfree play 24p ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-03, 18:37)fritsch Wrote: Just disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video and use instead Sync Playback to Display. Make a blind test with your family - they won't realize. No need to invest in hw that cannot even stutterfree play 24p ...

Does Sync Playback to Display not cause issues with passthrough audio?

I did find that keeping the delay refresh rate change to 0 helped.
It disables passthrough. Not sure why everyone wants it anyways ... kodi can decode every format lossless (besides atmos bits).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-03, 18:59)fritsch Wrote: It disables passthrough. Not sure why everyone wants it anyways ... kodi can decode every format lossless (besides atmos bits).

True but I prefer my receiver to handle the audio.
(2017-01-03, 19:01)raidflex Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 18:59)fritsch Wrote: It disables passthrough. Not sure why everyone wants it anyways ... kodi can decode every format lossless (besides atmos bits).

True but I prefer my receiver to handle the audio.

Why? There is zero benefit but several disadvantages of passthrough audio.
Audio newbie like me Will get panic if they Doesn't see DTS and Dolby flag in their avr Big Grin
This will help:
I was joking btw i prefer to put over my eyes (instead tape over avr display)

Big Grin

Mod EDIT just to fix the pic above cause of the Humor in this thread Wink
I appreciate all the discussion around alternatives, but can we keep a clear distinction between broken functionality, and pros and cons of alternate audio and video configurations?

For me, I also run Roku boxes for Netflix, Amazon, and Plex, but I do not get native video and I do not get native audio, that is why I use (used) my NUC boxes to watch immersive movies (from my own collection of raw BD rips), not Plex on Roku. And my AVR is tuned for room acoustics, and in my opinion does a better job of mapping input channels to actual speaker setup than Kodi does, psychological maybe, but my preference. If my only working LE options with my NUC are going to get the same behavior as Plex on Roku, then why would I bother with Kodi and LE at all?
So then back to topic. No apollo lake / kabylake has the issue you posted in this thread.
But i had this problem with haswell and braswell (lately is less frequent)

Edit:Sorry off topic
(2017-01-03, 19:32)Roby77 Wrote: But i had this problem with haswell and braswell (lately is less frequent)

Edit:Sorry off topic

You know the place by now where to file those bugs and that kodi is in no way related to this issue. Link the other guy your bugreport, so that he can subscribe.
(2017-01-03, 19:09)Roby77 Wrote: Audio newbie like me Will get panic if they Doesn't see DTS and Dolby flag in their avr Big Grin

true Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
@piotrasd: drm/i915: Prevent PPS stealing from a normal DP port on VLV/CHV <- add this to your next builds if possible (as you continue posting with offtopic content I used the chance).
this one ? http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg153484.html ok no problem Wink any other request ?

UPDATE: looks like latest build has this chages Wink

patching file drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] n

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel/c...c0b62d266b

@fritsch on latest drm-intel-nighlty from 1 week i cannot use becuase i got black screen on KODI start ... on boot process, splash kodi logo is fine
just after loaded KODI GUI picture disappears, i checked logs but i nothing found Sad
do you want check what is wrong ? if yes i will send you link to build
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9