• 22(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Try:

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Kodi

I hope MCE Keyboard has not been removed from the Harmony database.
(2017-01-03, 21:30)Warner306 Wrote: Try:

Thanks Warner306.

When I say "MyHarmony", I am referring to the tool that I use to configure Kodi and add/delete activities, and add/delete MCE Keyboard and Media Center SE etc.

It sounds like you took a peek yourself and you could not find MCE Keyboard like myselfHuh

Yes, I agree with your statement that I hope it was not removed.

Nevertheless, I don't care what the name of the device is that Harmony chooses as long as it enables me to control Kodi from my Harmony remote.

Did you see with your own eyes a model labeled "Kodi"?

I will check tonight when I get home from work and let you know what I find and see how it works out.

If they did remove both MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then I guess you'll need to change the page one instructions,
but as I said, I have to wait until I get home from work to confirm.
(2017-01-03, 22:37)HTFanatic Wrote:

Thanks Warner306.

When I say "MyHarmony", I am referring to the tool that I use to configure Kodi and add/delete activities, and add/delete MCE Keyboard and Media Center SE etc.

It sounds like you took a peek yourself and you could not find MCE Keyboard like myselfHuh

Nevertheless, I don't care what the name of the device is that Harmony chooses as long as it enables me to control Kodi from my Harmony remote.

I will check tonight when I get home from work and let you know what I find and see how it works out.

If they did remove both MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then I guess you'll need to change the page one instructions,

I didn't look at MyHarmony. I am just familiar with the Kodi device.
(2017-01-03, 23:45)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 22:37)HTFanatic Wrote:

Thanks Warner306.

I didn't look at MyHarmony. I am just familiar with the Kodi device.

It turns out that my anxiety over the idea that Logitech removed the MCE Keyboard device and the Media Center SE device was baseless, therefore
I was able to find those devices in the Harmony database. Funny how if you don't program your Harmony remote or work with Activities or Devices
for months, you lose all memory and confidence in how it works LMAO.

Last night as promised, I logged into MyHarmony (entered username and password etc) via the link on my desktop and then removed the MCE Keyboard Device and
the Media Center SE device and re-installed them, then reprogrammed the buttons for "Play", "Pause" etc (which were the buttons that were not working), and
the same problem occurred (the buttons did not work even though ALL OTHER BUTTONS CONTROLLED KODI AND WORKED ON THE REMOTE, such as the "Open" Kodi and "Close/Exit" Kodi buttons that I have assigned to the remote, as well as "Enable Subtitles" etc).

Then I completely removed/deleted the entire Activity altogether (named Kodi) but it was too late and I had to go to bed so I have to wait until tonight to
create a new Activity and I will let you know my results tonight.

It is possible that my entire button area at the top of my remote could be a hardware issue (Play, Pause, Fastforward, Rewind, and Stop buttons are not working).
I don't own a DVD so I can't test those buttons there. I guess I could take the Harmony hub and move it upstairs to and test out the "Play", "Pause" buttons
etc using my DVR on a cable box on a different TV.

I can also call Harmony tech support if none of the above work. I'm hoping tonight it works.
I deleted all of the devices and the entire activity last night and then re-added the activity and devices, then programmed
the hard buttons on the remote for the Play, Pause, Stop, Fastforward and Rewind and those buttons still didn't work.

All of the other buttons work.

I just thought of something...maybe I should try to program the "Play" buttons on the remote (hard buttons on the remote that is, not the LCD screen buttons)
to a different button on the lower part of the remote and see if it works. If it does work, then my buttons at the top of the remote are dead.

I will try this tonight. If it doesn't work then I have no choice but to use my new case number I created and offer to pay Logitech the $10 tech support service.
They confirmed last night that they charge you after they fix it. If it is not a programming issue, then they don't charge you (ie if they can't fix it via their programming on their end, then they don't charge you)

Last night I was also on the phone with Logitech Tech Support and the tech support rep created LCD screen commands/buttons and had me try them for "Play", "Pause" etc and they didn't work.
(2017-01-05, 18:32)HTFanatic Wrote: I deleted all of the devices and the entire activity last night and then re-added the activity and devices, then programmed
the hard buttons on the remote for the Play, Pause, Stop, Fastforward and Rewind and those buttons still didn't work.

All of the other buttons work.

I just thought of something...maybe I should try to program the "Play" buttons on the remote (hard buttons on the remote that is, not the LCD screen buttons)
to a different button on the lower part of the remote and see if it works. If it does work, then my buttons at the top of the remote are dead.

I will try this tonight. If it doesn't work then I have no choice but to use my new case number I created and offer to pay Logitech the $10 tech support service.
They confirmed last night that they charge you after they fix it. If it is not a programming issue, then they don't charge you (ie if they can't fix it via their programming on their end, then they don't charge you)

Last night I was also on the phone with Logitech Tech Support and the tech support rep created LCD screen commands/buttons and had me try them for "Play", "Pause" etc and they didn't work.

I was on the phone with Harmony (Logitech) Tech support for about 1 hour last night.
End result: no solution.
I even paid the $10 for their tech support since my Harmony Ultimate was out of warranty, but they refunded
me my $10 at the end because they were unable to resolve the issue.

I was able to successful assign a function to my "Play" button on the remote. What I did was I assign the "Setup" function of my Denon Receiver to the "Play"
button and the "Play" button did successfully turn on the "Setup" function of my Denon with no problem, which proves that it is not a hardware problem
with the remote.

Logitech tried doing a bunch of &%*# to attempt to get the solution (ie they were creating on their end new activities and trying weird different devices to be added
such as the "Kodi MX" device and the "Kodi III" device etc to no avail) but they failed.

I am wondering now if this problem has to do with how I attached the HP IR Receiver to a different PC for a few days while I was restoring my HTPC (the PC with the problem that I now have with certain hard buttons on the Harmony Ultimate remote not working ie "Play" "Pause" "Stop") and had the Harmony running on that PC successfully. I will delete Kodi tonight from my 2nd PC and remove my "MyHarmony" link on the 2nd PC and then restore the HTPC (the problem PC)
this weekend and see if that fixes it.

Other then that I have no other ideas.

Anyone else have a problem with only their "Play" "Pause" "Stop" "Fast Forward" and "Rewind" buttons not working to control Kodi (while playing a movie via Kodi)
while all other buttons control Kodi just fine?
(2016-01-13, 16:16)LaRocK Wrote: Hi All

Just wanted to say thanks to Warner for setting up this guide it has saved me tearing out what's left of my hair.

Running an HTPC on windows 10 home with Microsoft A9O-00007 IR receiver and a Harmony 555 remote. I have set everything up as per the guide in the harmony software with MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE as devices along with my TV and logitech surround system. Created activities for TV and Kodi and programmed the Kodi activity with the Basic Keymap Command List: as per the guide.

The issue I am having is that I can start Kodi with the remote and use the four buttons either side of the lcd screen to navigate and use functions, however none of the other keys on my remote work in Kodi for (play, stop, menu, back, arrow up, down, left, right etc.). I have kind of hit a blonde moment now where I am looking through the harmony software to try and figure out what I have set up wrong or if I am missing something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated as I'm almost at the finishing line and falling at the last hurdle, Thanks!

This is EXACTLY the same problem that I am having right now.
For 1 entire year, my buttons that are having a problem WORKED FLAWLESSLY ("Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward") but after restoring my OS
to the original state of the PC, and then re-installing Kodi, I'm having this same problem.
I know that my "Play" etc buttons work, because I programmed the "Play" button to another device's function, but I can't get them to control Kodi.
I am a person that enjoys a challenge but this is getting ridiculous.
Tonight I will have to reload the OS again and then re-install Kodi and see what happens.
*bangs his head against a wall for infinity*

Did you ever figure out a solution to getting your "Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward" to work with Kodi?
If so, what did you do?
(2016-02-29, 01:23)andrewjames Wrote: Decives-Harmony 650, Ortek VRC-1100, Kodi 16.0 Windows

so i have a problem, i tried following the guide and got all the custom buttons working. but now for some reason the IR wont recognize any of the native commands (play, pause, stop). I obviously did something wrong because now when i use show key it wont even pick up the native commands from my Otrek remote. Do i need to also at the native commands into keyboard.xml?

I also think that this is the same problem that I am having as well.
Can't wait to got home and figure this one out!!!!
can an IR receiver, with a logitech harmony remote turn ON an 'OpenElec chromebox' from a powered off state?

if no then its suggested to basically never turn it off but instead set power off commands to put it to sleep, and then yes the remote can wake it from sleep.
(2017-01-06, 17:59)HTFanatic Wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks to Warner for setting up this guide it has saved me tearing out what's left of my hair.

Running an HTPC on windows 10 home with Microsoft A9O-00007 IR receiver and a Harmony 555 remote. I have set everything up as per the guide in the harmony software with MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE as devices along with my TV and logitech surround system. Created activities for TV and Kodi and programmed the Kodi activity with the Basic Keymap Command List: as per the guide.

The issue I am having is that I can start Kodi with the remote and use the four buttons either side of the lcd screen to navigate and use functions, however none of the other keys on my remote work in Kodi for (play, stop, menu, back, arrow up, down, left, right etc.). I have kind of hit a blonde moment now where I am looking through the harmony software to try and figure out what I have set up wrong or if I am missing something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated as I'm almost at the finishing line and falling at the last hurdle, Thanks!

For 1 entire year, my buttons that are having a problem WORKED FLAWLESSLY ("Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward") but after restoring my OS
to the original state of the PC, and then re-installing Kodi, I'm having this same problem.
I know that my "Play" etc buttons work, because I programmed the "Play" button to another device's function, but I can't get them to control Kodi.
Tonight I will have to reload the OS again and then re-install Kodi and see what happens.

Did you ever figure out a solution to getting your "Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward" to work with Kodi?
If so, what did you do?

I think I may have found a possible solution (see the bottom/last posts in the link below).

Last night I DID remove the eHome Receiver in Device Manager and then rebooted the PC to see if that will re-install the Microsoft eHome Receiver correctly, but
alas, it didn't work.

Tonight I will try this "disable the MS eHome Receiver" and then "scan for hardware changes" as described in the link below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/...ectly.html

I will post my result.
(2017-01-06, 18:39)vnny Wrote: can an IR receiver, with a logitech harmony remote turn ON an 'OpenElec chromebox' from a powered off state?

if no then its suggested to basically never turn it off but instead set power off commands to put it to sleep, and then yes the remote can wake it from sleep.

I don't know anything about Chromeboxes. It is most likely you will have to put the computer to sleep.
(2017-01-06, 18:51)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 17:59)HTFanatic Wrote:

If so, what did you do?

I think I may have found a possible solution (see the bottom/last posts in the link below).

Last night I DID remove the eHome Receiver in Device Manager and then rebooted the PC to see if that will re-install the Microsoft eHome Receiver correctly, but
alas, it didn't work.

Tonight I will try this "disable the MS eHome Receiver" and then "scan for hardware changes" as described in the link below.

I will post my result.

Did you try:

Just for the play, pause, stop buttons.
(2016-07-10, 15:29)rezmer Wrote: Hey,

I tried to configure the Red Buttons etc.but they are still not working.
Showkey doesn't register some presses (Red, Yellow etc.)

Key commands from the VRC-1100 are also not working
Everything worked fine with OpenElec. Since I'm on Windows 10 the Buttons are not working.

I wanted the Red Button to be NextSubtitle
I wanted the Yellow Button to be NextAudio
The Info button for Info
And menu for the ContextMenu.

Should I but my Keyboard.xml in here?

EDIT: Or maybe some can quickly make one for me? I'm not sure, if im doing good.

Greetings

This sounds like my problem as well.
All of the buttons on the remote work to control Kodi EXCEPT for "Play" "Pause" "Stop" "Rewind" "Fast Forward".
(2017-01-06, 18:58)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 18:51)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 17:59)HTFanatic Wrote: This is EXACTLY the same problem that I am having right now.

If so, what did you do?

alas, it didn't work.

I will post my result.

Did you try:

Just for the play, pause, stop buttons.

Thanks Warner306 for your help.
I believe that when I was on the phone with Logitech Tech Support last night, she tried adding the Microsoft "Kodi" but I believe there were 3 different "Kodi" devices
and they all had variations of the device name "Kodi" such as "Kodi MX", which is for Kodi "boxes" such as these - https://www.amazon.com/Mansy-Genuine-MX-...B015B0LWQY - but I don't believe she chose a device simply called "Kodi".
I will try the "Kodi" device idea tonight again and see what happens. Thanks again.
Does this work on the nvidia shield tv using the
Logitech Harmony 350 Remote?

I've just order 1 and have no Idea what I'm getting myself in for!
If it just works simply without delay (eg. Just the directional buttons & the select etc)
I will be happy!

But if I can use the play buttons etc then It obviously will make
Me happier! (If it works!)

But really I'm only going for this remote for more comfort use
Then for serious use! If it's stable, I don't care! As long as it's fast
And the delay fix acualy works then I'm happy!

But I would really like to know if the kodi feature is available
For the Nvdia Shield TV Using The 350 Remote!

Cheers
03stevemsmi
Wink
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6