v17 Container content is discarded at switching to full screen play
This problem is observed with different music addons on Raspberry Pi with LE7.95.008, Kodi V17-Beta 5 with default skin.
I did not tested with video.

When I browse the music addon and open a long list of stations (e.g rad.io) then select an item for playing the play starts, the list remains on the screen and another station can be selected to play. This is OK.
If I switch to full screen playing then back to the list of stations, Kodi does not recall the previous window, instead it asks the addon to populate the list again. It may take longer time depending on the source of the list. This is not OK. In Kodi v16.1 the window of the station list is immediatelly reactivated without any delay.
In other words, Kodi forgets the playlist when playback is switched to full screen.

I made two videos to compare easily the behavior. Actually the skin is different beacuse I used the default skin, however I verified that the problem is present in Kodi Krypton with Confluence skin as well.

LE 7.0.2 working fine
LE 7.90.009 slow reload of channel list
Up.

Please help how to escalate this problem. I got absoulutely no feedback. This fault makes browsing of radio stations almost useless on slower systems like Raspberry.
Where shall I report this bug to get it corrected?
I am told this is an add-on issue, hence will need raising with the authors of the add-ons you use.

From Krypton caching of addon data via core is disabled because it had issues, so add-ons must do the caching themselves now.
(2016-12-29, 12:03)DaveBlake Wrote: I am told this is an add-on issue, hence will need raising with the authors of the add-ons you use.

From Krypton caching of addon data via core is disabled because it had issues, so add-ons must do the caching themselves now.
Thanks for your valuable answer. Do you happen to know if there is a guideline how to implement this in the addon? Probably it would be faster to implement it by myself.
(2016-12-29, 12:03)DaveBlake Wrote: I am told this is an add-on issue, hence will need raising with the authors of the add-ons you use.

Is this change in Kodi described somewhere? Can you point to a forum, post etc? I would like to understand the reasoning. The caching in addon does not look obvious.
I'm sorry I really don't know anything more, it is not my area of expertise, but I will see if I can get another team member that knows more to give you some guidence.
(2017-01-09, 11:42)DaveBlake Wrote: I'm sorry I really don't know anything more, it is not my area of expertise, but I will see if I can get another team member that knows more to give you some guidence.
Thank you DaveBlake.
Meanwhile I opened a ticket because it looks like a huge degradation in end-user point of view.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10394 seems to be the culprit.
devs are looking into it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
As I see the cache removal has been already reverted.
Thank you guys!
(2017-01-10, 20:54)sakos Wrote: As I see the cache removal has been already reverted.

Where are you seeing that?
(2017-01-10, 21:09)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 20:54)sakos Wrote: As I see the cache removal has been already reverted.

Where are you seeing that?
Here.
Do I misunderstand?
(2017-01-10, 21:36)sakos Wrote: Here.
Do I misunderstand?

I suppose that is for the SPMC fork, not Kodi itself.

scott s.
Hi,
installed today LibreElec Krypton RC3 and still have the navigation slowness on any add-ons. Is there any news that the https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10394 will be reverted on Krypton final release?
The PR to fix this regression has been merged, that means it will be in v17 RC4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container content is discarded at switching to full screen play0