• 32(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-11, 13:51)aurelmarius Wrote: Hi, i have a little problem. I have no 5.1 audio on livetv using mmal. The stream is AC3 5.1 but the receiver doesn't output any audio. If i enable omxplayer i have 5.1 audio on livetv channels, also If i play any movie with 5.1 AC3 or 5.1 DTS using mmal everything is normal.

Note that live TV disables passthrough with VideoPlayer. Possibly you have incorrect audio settings that only work with passthrough.
Does disabling passthrough stop movies with DTS/AC3 from working?
How is Pi connected to receiver? What is "number of channels" set to in audio settings?
(2017-01-11, 14:21)popcornmix Wrote: Note that live TV disables passthrough with VideoPlayer. Possibly you have incorrect audio settings that only work with passthrough.
Does disabling passthrough stop movies with DTS/AC3 from working?
How is Pi connected to receiver? What is "number of channels" set to in audio settings?

PI2 -> HDMI -> LG TV 42LA660 -> OPITCAL -> LG 5.1 Home Cinema
I set the number of channels to 5.1 in kodi settings. Now i realised that i have sound only in left and right speaker but no voice (because center and rear are not working).
If i disable passthrough i only get stereo output.
Thanks.
(2017-01-11, 14:34)aurelmarius Wrote: PI2 -> HDMI -> LG TV 42LA660 -> OPITCAL -> LG 5.1 Home Cinema
I set the number of channels to 5.1 in kodi settings. Now i realised that i have sound only in left and right speaker but no voice (because center and rear are not working).
If i disable passthrough i only get stereo output.

That is your problem. Optical only supports two physical channels. You *must* set "number of channels" to 2.0.
If you want to get multichannel output with live tv, then you need to enable AC3 transcoding.
On LG TVs Optical audio output IS multi channel (5.1) when external audio device (digital optical) is selected, and input is on Auto:

Input -> Output

MPEG -> PCM

Dolby Digital -> Dolby Digital

Dolby Digital Plus -> Dolby Digital

HE-AAC -> Dolby Digital

DTS -> DTS / PCM

DTS Express -> PCM

DTS-HD MA -> PCM / DTS
(2017-01-11, 17:14)Sholander Wrote: On LG TVs Optical audio output IS multi channel (5.1) when external audio device (digital optical) is selected, and input is on Auto:

No. The number of physical PCM channels is two for optical.
You can use passthrough to transmit compressed AC3 or DTS audio through two PCM channels.
(but not passthrough is not supported from live sources, like TV - but we can transcode to AC3 to allow multichannel)

You cannot use optical for multichannel PCM. Therefore you *must* set "number of channels" to 2.0.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#H...support.3F
(2017-01-11, 15:25)popcornmix Wrote: That is your problem. Optical only supports two physical channels. You *must* set "number of channels" to 2.0.
If you want to get multichannel output with live tv, then you need to enable AC3 transcoding.

Yes, is working now. Thanks a lot for your help.
Also, I'm wondering, there are advantages using dvdplayer instead of omx ? Now i'm using dvdplayer beacause it support no-cache on pvr client, making zapping a lot faster.
Hi Milhouse,

are there any news regarding the problem with auto mount large external drive partitions ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2494527

Greetings

Deepjungle
(2017-01-11, 21:40)Deepjungle Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

are there any news regarding the problem with auto mount large external drive partitions ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2494527

Greetings

Deepjungle

Not from me I'm afraid, I don't really have much more to add. Something changed in #1023, presumably the bump to 4.8.4 There are some fuse-related fixes in the 4.8.4 changelog but not sure if they would be responsible for fuse not mounting this disk. At the moment I don't know what to suggest, hopefully someone else does. Assuming this behaviour is also in the official 7.90.010 release (and it should be) you could try posting details on the LibreELEC forum and see if anyone from the LibreELEC team has anything to contribute.

Edit: A workaround would be to add the mount command in autostart.sh
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0111: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.2 #1 Wed Jan 11 21:03:16 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2017 20:12:09
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d877fe98bc014bc2169f378895fc15b332f9f055 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170111210209-#0111-gd210441 [Build #0111]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:5c40b5c). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (d2104412, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (83a4bad8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service
  2. MMALCodec: Add extra prime to avoid stalled video
  3. BCM270X_DT: Add pi3-disable-wifi overlay
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service (PR:1157, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • lcdd: update to c05a7de, reintroduce dm140, build with libugpio (PR:1158, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Revert "[cmake/win32] Don't use system wide installed dependencies" (PR:11423, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • XML nodes - cleanup (PR:11415, 1 commit, 74 files changed)
    • follow up to 4cf4253b1fd3e65d1efe8d15cf86489b0738e75d (PR:11422, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [CEC] fix 4.0.1 package name (PR:11426, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "[CEC] fix 4.0.1 package name" (PR:11428, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] - fix refclock after refreshrate change and re-add videoscreen.delayrefreshchange (PR:11388, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • MMALCodec: Add extra prime to avoid stalled video (cb07837f)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • MMALCodec: Need an extra referenced buffer with new ffmpeg scheme (e617fec6)
  4. kernel 4.9.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Add pi3-disable-wifi overlay (7992701d)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1161: mesa: update 13.0.3 and cleanup
    • Added: [env] PR:1162: xorg-server: add patch to match pci ids with mesa
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
after updating to # 0111, 11-Jan-2017: RPI / RPi2 - Release mail (lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service; MMALCodec: Add extra two prime avoid stalled video; BCM270X_DT: Add PI3-disable-wifi overlay)

so does my windows media center remote control no more
worked..
fine with # 0110, 10-Jan-2017
(2017-01-12, 00:02)guldfisken1982 Wrote: after updating to # 0111, 11-Jan-2017: RPI / RPi2 - Release mail (lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service; MMALCodec: Add extra two prime avoid stalled video; BCM270X_DT: Add PI3-disable-wifi overlay)

worked..

Thanks for the report. I've alerted the developers.
(2017-01-12, 00:02)guldfisken1982 Wrote: after updating to # 0111, 11-Jan-2017: RPI / RPi2 - Release mail (lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service; MMALCodec: Add extra two prime avoid stalled video; BCM270X_DT: Add PI3-disable-wifi overlay)

worked..

Can you try this with build #0111:

Code:
cd /storage/.config/system.d
sed '/^ConditionPathExists/d' /usr/lib/systemd/system/[email protected] > ./[email protected]
systemctl daemon-reload
reboot

and see if that fixes your remote control.

To revert the change (once this issue is fixed in LibreELEC):
Code:
rm /storage/.config/system.d/[email protected]
systemctl daemon-reload
reboot
Hi Milhouse,
after update from #0107 to #0111, my RPI3 couldn't boot from USB without SD card.. only black screen, but after some seconds RPI show splash screen. I think, this is boot from lan from new firmware.
I had to manually upload files fixup.dat and start.elf and RPI started to boot but kodi anyway crashed.
I use boot from USB without SD for several months.
I returned to #0107.

crach log is here http://sprunge.us/Dhcf
(2017-01-12, 03:41)radekson5 Wrote: Hi Milhouse,
after update from #0107 to #0111, my RPI3 couldn't boot from USB without SD card.. only black screen, but after some seconds RPI show splash screen. I think, this is boot from lan from new firmware.
I had to manually upload files fixup.dat and start.elf and RPI started to boot but kodi anyway crashed.
I returned to #0107.

Can you post your /flash/cmdline.txt and /flash/config.txt?

Edit: Also, there has been new firmware in builds #0109 and #0110 so it would be useful to know which build between #0107 and #0111 introduces the slow booting behaviour - just use the normal update mechanism rather than copy over your own firmware. Not sure about the crash, it looks like you didn't have a working display...maybe because you didn't copy bootcode.bin?
(2017-01-12, 03:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 03:41)radekson5 Wrote: Hi Milhouse,
I returned to #0107.

Can you post your /flash/cmdline.txt and /flash/config.txt?

Edit: Also, there has been new firmware in builds #0109 and #0110 so it would be useful to know which build between #0107 and #0111 introduces the slow booting behaviour - just use the normal update mechanism rather than copy over your own firmware. Not sure about the crash, it looks like you didn't have a working display...maybe because you didn't copy bootcode.bin?

config.txt
Code:
gpu_mem=256

force_turbo=0

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

decode_MPG2=0x529e19b9

dtparam=audio=off,spi=on

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
dtdebug=1

#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

disable_splash=1

cmdline.txt
Code:
boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda2 quiet

yes I use the normal update mechanism, but after the update, I thought it stopped working.

Edit: Tomorrow I'll try some other versions .. Today I tried only # 0110 and # 0111
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24