• 68(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-01-12, 04:15)leo5111 Wrote: im just tossing a coin the c2 or the play 2
Depends what you need really. Play 2 has integrated DVB, BT / WiFi, SPDIF and Android with DRM and Netflix. The Android TV OS ROM is quite nice on it when up and running. Its the version to use for PVR use really with TvHeadend as the WeTek PVR Android App implementation is still buggy.

I don't like the Play2's Infra Red remote much - but I don't like any IR remotes anymore since going Wireless. You will need to buy a Wireless Air mouse remote to use on the Play2 with the regular touchscreen Android OS. The Play2 Infra Red Air mouse implementation is virtually unusable. Its complete rubbish.

Both devices already have a nice version of Kodi Krypton using Raybuntu's 32bit community build. There has been a LOT of great work that has gone into Kodi Krypton AMLogic Video Sync timing & deinterlacing for LE Krypton by the AML Kodi dev. peak3d
These are already included in Raybuntu's builds.

We are confident his changes will make it into the official LE Kodi Krypton - C2 / Hub / Play 1/2 release as well. Smile

i dont need the dvb,wifi or netflix or the spidf, so money no issue between the 2 which is better? i will probably dump straight XBMC/LibreELEC on it
Personally I would go the Simplest approach and just flash LibreELEC to a 8 or 16GB eMMC, plug that into a C2 and you are good to go.
You should also purchase some sort of Wireless remote control like the MINIX A2 Lite and you will then have one responsive little beastie.

All you need really is a C2 Board and a case. Any 2.0 Amp phone charger can supply enough power using a common USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-size Type B cable.

(2017-01-12, 06:23)wrxtasy Wrote: Any 2.0 Amp phone charger can supply enough power using a common USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-size Type B cable.

I was planning to run my C2 power from a USB port on my ASUS router, then plug an external HD into the same router and use that as my media storage.
Yes that would work. Even the USB2 ports from my TV are enough to supply the C2 with power.

(2017-01-12, 09:04)wrxtasy Wrote: Even the USB2 ports from my TV are enough to supply the C2 with power.

Good to know, thank you.
hey w, can you write the image to the emmc and put it on the c2 and boot from there or do have to write it to a microsd then boot c2 then install to emmc? my c2 just arrived yesterday and haven't yet messed with it
Flash straight to eMMC and Plug in and power up.
Flashing any image will overwrite all the stored content on SD/eMMC.

(2017-01-12, 16:44)briand095 Wrote: hey w, can you write the image to the emmc and put it on the c2 and boot from there or do have to write it to a microsd then boot c2 then install to emmc? my c2 just arrived yesterday and haven't yet messed with it

The eMMC should have also come with an eMMC to uSD adaptor which lets you flash the eMMC as if it were a uSD card. Put the eMMC card in this adaptor and flash the .img file just as you would have uSD.
emmc to USB you mean?
(2017-01-12, 23:31)leo5111 Wrote: emmc to USB you mean?

No - it comes with an eMMC to uSD (aka MicroSD) card adaptor. It's a small printed circuit board with an eMMC connector that has an edge connector that fits into a uSD card reader or uSD to SD card adaptor.
oh ok thanks
thanks w, @noggin yeah I finally found the little adapter, fell out it package and riding loose amongst the other junk in the box. had to dig long and hard to find a full size sd card to use the adapter as my micro sd would not let it seat completely, but everything sorted now.
Yes its easy to miss. For everyone playing at home the eMMC Module reader (adapter) we are talking about is the one in this Page:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...5622510341

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hausbell-Mini-H7...SwMgdXz3cR these work good?
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610