Wayland support?
Follow-up to (this time in proper sub-forum): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=118812

Any update on Wayland support?
My Kodi fork has working Wayland support and I keep it up to date with official git master. Anybody who's interested can use it, or improve it (send me a pull request!), or submit it for merging into official Kodi.
(2017-01-14, 12:58)maxk Wrote: My Kodi fork has working Wayland support and I keep it up to date with official git master. Anybody who's interested can use it, or improve it (send me a pull request!), or submit it for merging into official Kodi.
Hi Max,

I tried building your fork a couple of months ago and kept running into issues. Maybe I'm missing something, but it wasn't obvious which features should be enabled as I read some features aren't compatible with Wayland. Is it possible you can point me in the right direction, and show me how you go about building it?

I've been trying to move to Gnome Wayland full time, but Kodi doesn't seem to like XWayland completely and there is microstutter and odd flashing/flickering (possibly the same issue) which drives me crazy. I'd be interested to see how your fork runs if I could get it to build.
(2017-01-16, 00:07)LeJimster Wrote: I tried building your fork a couple of months ago and kept running into issues.
Why don't you write a GitHub issue then?
Ok, I haven't visited your page since November, I see there are new scripts and more information. I will give it another shot, thanks.

UPDATE

Well, that was a big difference to last time I tried. Compiled first time. I'm running it now and it appears to working much better than Kodi 16.1 was through Xwayland. Playback is stutter free from what I can see.
The only niggle is I don't seem to be able to change the screen/resolution/mode - it's greyed out, but that could due to a conflict from my previous installation. Pretty impressed overall. Will play with it some more. Thanks Max.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wayland support?2