• 41(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-01-12, 22:34)rich76 Wrote: Hi all,

I am having a problem with Kodi crashing when script skin helper backgrounds is installed. Even when kodi is idle within a few minutes of loading kodi the cpu will be at a constant 100% and then kodi will crash.

I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit o/s with kodi 17rc2 (its same with the nightlies too) latest titan beta for krypton skin and I'm using emby for kodi addon to sync my media.

If I remove the skin help backgrounds kodi does not crash so it looks like its related to that but not sure if its the skin help backgrounds addon or the emby for kodi addon causing the problem/

If you need anymore info let me know

Logs

Rich

No, it's definately the "Skin Backgrounds Helper" addon causing this, as I have the same behaviour if (and only if) Titan is the currently active theme. I don't use Emby, nor do I have any addon relating to Emby installed.
(2017-01-12, 22:47)gibxxi Wrote: No, it's definately the "Skin Backgrounds Helper" addon causing this, as I have the same behaviour if (and only if) Titan is the currently active theme. I don't use Emby, nor do I have any addon relating to Emby installed.

I had the same probs - so I currently use Estuary, as I could not use Titan (Beta) anymore in a stable way.
Also tried it on an Android - where I could see, that Skin Background is taking over all the memory (counting up until it crashes) and using a lot of CPU.
The Himedia Q10 Pro was permanently on 100% on 4 Cores. (Without Titan its a max of 20%).

I think we have to wait, until Marcel gives us a solution. thanks for your work - hope you get this solved soon for us.
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
in the music section when I try to edit artists info the details window doesn't open I can edit other music setting but not this setting.
(2017-01-07, 16:39)CBers Wrote: Hi Marcel.

I'm trying to backup the skin settings so that I can restore on a 2nd device, but the BACKUP THE SKIN SETTINGS option doesn't seem to do anything, other than tell me a backup has completed, but when I check the backup folder, there's nothing new there.

If I CREATE NEW BACKUP in the MANAGE SKIN BACKUPS option, a backup does get created.

Just thought I'd mention.

Thanks.

You have to check the script settings for the backup path. In standard it`s not pointing to the backup folder anymore. When you change the path to the backup folder everything will be fine and you'll see the backup files.

Greets
Thomas
(2017-01-16, 20:30)TomT Wrote: You have to check the script settings for the backup path. In standard it`s not pointing to the backup folder anymore. When you change the path to the backup folder everything will be fine and you'll see the backup files.

Greets
Thomas

That's not what I was talking about.

The backup path is fine.
(2016-12-30, 14:52)A-Swiss Wrote: All my Kodi Installations with Titan Beta 3.7.40 are crashing now - Estuary is working properly.
Kodi are now on 17 RC1 - I expected to get the problems solved with RC1, but is not.
Any Idea what is causing the crashes?. Kodi also crashes when just starting and not doing anything with it.

Does the issue still exist with the lastest beta bits ?
If so, please try to disable the wall images support in the Skin Helper Service backgrounds addon, that one seems to be a bit too overowered for large libraries and/or low powered hardware.
(2016-12-31, 04:51)Tempestous Wrote: Hi, first off this must be the best skin for kodi ever. I thought silvo was for a while until i tried titan!! Having an issue with the netflix 2 style layout and trakt tv show episode progress widget. It shows the widget and my tv shows fine but when i click on one of them, nothing happens. On the modern big vertical homescreen layout , it takes me straight to the location and shows me all the episodes i have left to watch.

Is there something missing in the netflix 2 coding? This is the custom action i am trying:
plugin://plugin.video.ADDON/?action=calendar&url=progress (replace ADDON with an addon supported by trakt)

TIA

Edit: it seems the "next" button is not working either on the widgets. It shows a row of 20 titles then the next button. When clicked, nothing happens.

Are you on the skin's beta version ? If not, the stable version is very outdated atm and will be updated later this week
(2017-01-17, 02:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 14:52)A-Swiss Wrote: All my Kodi Installations with Titan Beta 3.7.40 are crashing now - Estuary is working properly.
Kodi are now on 17 RC1 - I expected to get the problems solved with RC1, but is not.
Any Idea what is causing the crashes?. Kodi also crashes when just starting and not doing anything with it.

Does the issue still exist with the lastest beta bits ?
If so, please try to disable the wall images support in the Skin Helper Service backgrounds addon, that one seems to be a bit too overowered for large libraries and/or low powered hardware.

I am using RC3 and still have the same problem. I have tried to disable the Skin Helper Service backgrounds via the addons but as soon as I change back to Titan it enables it. Is there some other way to disable it?

Thanks
Hey Marcel,

I have two quick questions on the latest beta (3.7.42) for Kodi17 RC3. My apologies if they've been asked before, my my searches were not fruitful.

1. I have the skin set up to show playlists as main menu items, and other playlists as submenu items. I've noticed that a few times the skin sub-menu or widgets change on their own to another playlist; sometimes the label changes, sometime it does not, but the item referenced by the menu is not the correct one. This is consistent across multiple machines and occurs randomly. Under the Emby plugin version for Kodi 16, the same problem occurred for a while and then ... stopped.

2. Is it possible to have skin help service widgets for playlists that reflect only the playlist? For example, I see the skin help service widget for "movies in progress", but that seems to be a global widget. What if I had a playlist for kids movies and another for documentaries and each was set up as a main menu item; is it possible for the widgets to reflect the movies in progress only for that specific playlist for that menu? I seem to recall that this was possible under the Emby plugin, but am not sure if it works on the vanilla Kodi program (I'm trying to get rid of Emby as a middle layer).

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
(2016-12-26, 14:13)oattes Wrote:
(2016-12-26, 13:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 06:08)oattes Wrote: PS. It looks like my problems with widget refresh are related to using DSPlayer. There must be something odd with the way the video subsystem exits a video -- perhaps failing to send the correct signals(?) back to Kodi. It's very strange that the video watched status updates but that somehow the widgets (and the next episode submenu/shortcut) do not update. The widgets consistently work fine with a standard build -- so it's appears to be a DSPlayer issue. You're off the hook ;-).

If you enable kodi debug logging, you will get entries spewed in the log by the skinhelper background service for all notifications it receives.
Skinhelper will refresh the widgets once it receives a "database updated" signal from Kodi which indicates that the watched state and/or resume point was changed.
Maybe the resume point will not be set if you're using DSPlayer ?

I'll take a look at this the next time I feel the need for DSPlayer. I have noticed that when a video exits there are often strange results with DSPlayer. Resume points usually get set, but are oddly lost from time to time. This may all be part of the issue. In any case, I probably need to ween myself off of DSPlayer with the approach of Krypton. Thanks!

I'm seeing this problem now in the stock Krypton RC3. I've checked the debug log and the notifications are definitely being sent when the video ends and the widget addon starts processing (busy circle and log entries). It looks like the logic for obtaining the current set of widgets falls through to the simple cache where it just pulls the last set of widgets (and so the update to the next episode fails). I'm not sure why the logic falls through to the cache, but I'm still trying to surf your code. Perhaps you might have better luck.

My TV Show library is approx 260 shows, 21000 episodes -- I'm not sure if there is a possible size/timing issue. Although I can't reliably reproduce the problem, there are two notable features:

1) it only happens occasionally, perhaps 1 time in 5-10.
2) When the widget refreshed next (if you watch another show, or if it just forces a refresh after some time), the proper update happens.

Let me know if there is something I can particularly check to help track this one down. Partial log is linked. I had to trim the 'start up' bits to fit into a 512K limit. I shut down Kodi immediatly after I was able to trigger the problem.

http://pastebin.com/SsXpvHaB
Hi Marcel.

Have you had any problems with running Kodi Krypton (RC3) and your skin under Android 7?

I've just set up a new Shield TV running Android 7, but Kodi keeps crashing.

I can supply logs if interested.

Thanks.
(2017-01-02, 00:31)Edworld Wrote: using extendedinfo, "default actor" image doesn't appear. If you click on the "default" image shown, it displays fanart from a movie.

The default actor image should be fixed in next update. The fanart in the actor details screen is becaus ethere is no image available for that actor so it will fall back to whatever background you've set for the section, in your case random movies.
(2017-01-03, 18:40)jadvena Wrote: Is it just me or is there no tv show title art anymore in widgets. Movies title art is working perfect but nothing for tv shows

Working fine on my end. Sure you've scraped clearlogos into your db with artwork downloader ?
(2017-01-05, 00:26)komplex Wrote: Something weird is going on, 2 setups both use the same backup file so everything is the same but i get different outcomes
The On Deck line should just be clearart but the Windows one shows the episodes thumb and the LibreElec shows both clearart and logo mashed together. I have no idea what's going on

I can't reproduce this issue, is it still present ?
If so, would it be possible for you to send me your skin backup so I can test with your exact settings ?
(2017-01-07, 16:39)CBers Wrote: I'm trying to backup the skin settings so that I can restore on a 2nd device, but the BACKUP THE SKIN SETTINGS option doesn't seem to do anything, other than tell me a backup has completed, but when I check the backup folder, there's nothing new there.

If I CREATE NEW BACKUP in the MANAGE SKIN BACKUPS option, a backup does get created.

Should be fixed in next update, thanks for reporting.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6