• 70(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-01-15, 02:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Repeat after me, Raybuntu's rb-beta releases

http://raybuntu.libreelec.tv/images/

So, any idea how long before we see Ray's releases and patches thrown into the "main" LibreELEC distro? Just ordered from the distributor in the US down here to Melbourne, hoping delivery wont take 7 weeks Big Grin. It was actually cheaper to buy from the distributor than the local guys down here. $87 AUD for something that's $40 US, what a RIP!!
They are actually the AML Kodi dev. @peak3d's patches with some AMLogic ones throw into the mix as well. All the much improved code will make it into the next official C2 / Hub / Play2 Beta LibreELEC release coming out shortly.

Raybuntu's 32bit releases do however fix the persistant memory leak issue, that is proving a bugger to track down for 64bit AML Kodi.
The official LE Beta releases are still 64bit Kodi at the moment.

When looking for something else, I saw something indicating that there is something in the works that may allow us to satisfy DRM requirements enough that we would be allowed to stream Netflix in HD and with 5.1 sound. I can't remember where I saw it, but is that correct? It would be awesome if Kodi would be able to do that.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
what version of HEVC does the c2 use? i was wondering because on Odroid forum i saw post about overclocking ram to run Ambilight HEVC? i mean does the c2 need to be overclocked just to run HEVC 1080P Smoothly?
In the Overclock RAM / Ambilight thread it has even been found you do not even need to overclock the C2 to get it to work with HEVC & Ambilight.
Overclocking the RAM was just trialled to test Ambililight performance when playing back HEVC content.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambilight

There are NO 8/10bit 720/1080/2160p HEVC decoding and playback problems on the C2 period. Nada None. It all plays back smoothly.
I'm excluding HDR and Dolbyvision because the hardware does not support those two anyway. Stuff all content around for HDR anyway.

ok thanks, im ordering one wed when i get paid, is 8 gig emmc enough or do i need 16 or what? i have like 700+ movies and like 20 differnt tv series
8GB will be fine, unless you plan on using a large number of Kodi Addons and all manner of Skins.

Depends on how much you want to spend too I guess.

Further info on eMMC is found here: (I've only ever seen Samsung eMMC sold)
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=e...ence_chart

well me like for instance my chromebox, i just left the skin at the default only add-ons i use realy is keymapper
As a rough guideline...
I have 13GB free from, using a 16GB eMMC and have half the size of the Kodi Library you wish to use. I think there are 2 Skins installed too.

1.4GB of the space used is reserved for LibreELEC bootup and system use. You would have 5.6GB of an 8GB eMMC to use for Kodi

the emmc i just put it in a card reader like its a micro sd and flash it with the libreelec flashtool?
That has already been answered a few days ago: (eMMC will come with an Adapter included for flashing)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2499386

So it goes like this:

eMMC > adapter, slide that into a microSDHC to SD card adapter > PC SD card slot.

You need to have a micro SDHC to SD card adapter to complete the process. That does not come from HardKernel.

ok got it, thanks
(2017-01-11, 08:40)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 22:08)nickr Wrote: Mine freezes from time to time and needs a power supply pull to reboot. I then get the delay before bt works.

Maybe the fact it is in a cupboard means it overheats. It is summer here.

Well, there's no problem with temperatures here at the opposite side, it's been nearly -30C outside lately, and inside it's solid 22C. Big Grin

I guess pulling the plug causes this problem with bluetooth. I have to test if bluetooth works immediately after normal shutdown and reboot.

It takes a long time before bluetooth remote works even after normal reboot via Kodi. Confused
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Do I have to do anything else when updating from official alpha to raybuntu's beta than copy files to update folder? I read something about reinstalling addons, is this necessary?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Shouldn't be but as always:backup!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610