• 40(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
As I've read this whole thread, I see, that you have managed to get to work HEVC 10 bit decoding on LibreElec.
May I ask out of curiosity, how did you do it? Is it basically similar technique as on Windows side, where it' s using accelerated hardware decoding through GPU, or do apollo lake CPUs J4205, J3455 have "native" HEVC 10 decoder like in Kaby Lake CPUs?
@MarhyCZ
Apollo and Kaby lake have same GPU family called "broxton"
here more https://wiki.libav.org/Hardware/vaapi (kaby lake has only VP9 10bit HW accelerated encoding more)
Finally managed to assembly my new Apollo lake machine. I am really pleased with the result except for one thing:

Waking it up from suspend (via my BT keyboard USB dongle) results in a black screen, no matter how often I switch the TV off and on again. Only a cold boot or a reboot gives me a working video signal.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?? I'm using #0114 right now.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
(2017-01-16, 17:50)kekomat Wrote: Finally managed to assembly my new Apollo lake machine. I am really pleased with the result except for one thing:

Waking it up from suspend (via my BT keyboard USB dongle) results in a black screen, no matter how often I switch the TV off and on again. Only a cold boot or a reboot gives me a working video signal.

Yes, i am.

Often on cold boots i have the same behavior, and it requires a second restart to show up.
(2017-01-16, 17:09)piotrasd Wrote: @MarhyCZ
Apollo and Kaby lake have same GPU family called "broxton"
here more https://wiki.libav.org/Hardware/vaapi (kaby lake has only VP9 10bit HW accelerated encoding more)

Ah, thanks a lot for info! I was thinking the whole time since I bought myself one, that Apollo lake has a same GPU as Skylake Big Grin
VAAPI requires suitable hardware and software support. These tables attempt to describe what the hardware is capable of - not everything described here is implemented in libav (yet)...

Yes but on apollo/kaby lake working Wink like in this tables
(2017-01-16, 17:57)honcho Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 17:50)kekomat Wrote: Finally managed to assembly my new Apollo lake machine. I am really pleased with the result except for one thing:

Yes, i am.

Often on cold boots i have the same behavior, and it requires a second restart to show up.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Anyone having a clue whether this might be related to an OS/firmware/hardware problem??
I’m having a bit of a nightmare with my new Asrock J3455-ITX setup.

I can’t get any resolutions higher than 1024x768 and I don’t get any audio through HDMI. I’m using the latest LibreElec 7.95.1 but I’ve also tried 7.90.10 and I’ve made sure I’m on the latest BIOS v1.20.

I tried to install piotrasd’s Intel build but I got the error “not compatible with Generic.x86_64 hardware – update cancelled.”

When I plug it in to my monitor I get 1080p so I suspect it’s a setting on my TV but I can’t find anything. My TV model is Samsung UE50KU6000K which was working fine with my previous Intel setup.

***Edit***

I've managed to get it to work as I want it.

I needed to do a fresh install of piotrasd's Intel build and now I get 2160p and HDMI audio.
(2017-01-17, 15:13)kekomat Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 17:57)honcho Wrote:

Yes, i am.

Anyone having a clue whether this might be related to an OS/firmware/hardware problem??

Sooo, from what I could read on 3rd party Kodi boards this seems to be a problem regarding the HDMI 2.0 handshake. Switching on the TV first seemingly circumvents the problem. Maybe I will find time to give it a try tonight.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-01-17, 22:04)sublow Wrote: I’m having a bit of a nightmare with my new Asrock J3455-ITX setup.

I can’t get any resolutions higher than 1024x768 and I don’t get any audio through HDMI. I’m using the latest LibreElec 7.95.1 but I’ve also tried 7.90.10 and I’ve made sure I’m on the latest BIOS v1.20.

I tried to install piotrasd’s Intel build but I got the error “not compatible with Generic.x86_64 hardware – update cancelled.”

When I plug it in to my monitor I get 1080p so I suspect it’s a setting on my TV but I can’t find anything. My TV model is Samsung UE50KU6000K which was working fine with my previous Intel setup.

***Edit***

I've managed to get it to work as I want it.

I needed to do a fresh install of piotrasd's Intel build and now I get 2160p and HDMI audio.

for any other people for force update from Generic to Intel enough create empty file in .update folder called ".nocompat"
@sublow: Do you also got bitstream HD Audio to work with that build?
(2017-01-18, 15:21)kekomat Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 15:13)kekomat Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 17:57)honcho Wrote: Yes, i am.

Sooo, from what I could read on 3rd party Kodi boards this seems to be a problem regarding the HDMI 2.0 handshake. Switching on the TV first seemingly circumvents the problem. Maybe I will find time to give it a try tonight.

As a dirty temporary workaround, you can likely bring the screen back to live by setting the video output by running xrandr. On my Skylake NUC I experienced a similar bug, which I never managed to fully identify. Using a static EDID file didn't solve the issue and no error messages whatsoever was written in any Xorg log or other logs, when I experienced the black screen. I ended up writing a script that was triggered when waking from suspend, that simply ran xrandr with arguments of the port output, resolution and refresh rate. That was sufficient to bring the screen back to live automatically without rebooting. Later on, when I moved to a faster SSD and Libreelec instead of a full blown Ubuntu OS, I dropped using suspend to RAM, as starting from a cold boot was still quicker to boot up than my amplifier Smile
Just fixate the edid. Plenty of howtos for le, Ubuntu available.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9