• 41(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-01-18, 17:10)piotrasd Wrote: for any other people for force update from Generic to Intel enough create empty file in .update folder called ".nocompat"

Thanks piotrasd. I take it I could use that to go between your builds and Milhouse builds?

(2017-01-18, 17:37)chrisk2305 Wrote: @sublow: Do you also got bitstream HD Audio to work with that build?

I'm not sure as I just use the TV for sound. If you can explain how to check I'm more than happy to.
(2017-01-18, 19:21)sublow Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 17:10)piotrasd Wrote: for any other people for force update from Generic to Intel enough create empty file in .update folder called ".nocompat"

Thanks piotrasd. I take it I could use that to go between your builds and Milhouse builds?

(2017-01-18, 17:37)chrisk2305 Wrote: @sublow: Do you also got bitstream HD Audio to work with that build?

I'm not sure as I just use the TV for sound. If you can explain how to check I'm more than happy to.

Hi
1. yes, without problem Wink you dont need make fresh install
2. bitstream audio work now only over native connectors like HDMI 1.4, DVI (DP im not sure)
most apollo/kaby lake devices use conversion chip from DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 which make issue to get HD audio (we are waiting on fix ... )
... on you mainboard "Asrock J3455-ITX" working over DVI Wink tested
(2017-01-18, 19:24)piotrasd Wrote: Hi
2. bitstream audio work now only over native connectors like HDMI 1.4, DVI (DP im not sure)
most apollo/kaby lake devices use conversion chip from DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 which make issue to get HD audio (we are waiting on fix ... )

Thanks.

I didn't know audio could pass over DVI. So I would need a DVI to HDMI cable?
(2017-01-18, 19:36)sublow Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 19:24)piotrasd Wrote: Hi

Thanks.

I didn't know audio could pass over DVI. So I would need a DVI to HDMI cable?

Yes, I have a DVI-HDMI cable and it works great.
Good to know if I ever get a new home cinema system.

My issue appears to have come back.

I switched my TV on after making no changes and it's only allowing me to display 1024x768p and no audio.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
(2017-01-18, 20:30)sublow Wrote: Good to know if I ever get a new home cinema system.

My issue appears to have come back.

I switched my TV on after making no changes and it's only allowing me to display 1024x768p and no audio.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Are you leaving the HTPC on after turning off the TV?
Yes I always leave it on.
(2017-01-18, 20:47)sublow Wrote: Yes I always leave it on.

That could be the issue possible, try starting the system from a cold start and see if the issue persists. I find I have much less issues from a cold start then leaving the system on or when using suspend. The startup time with an SSD is so fast anyways it doesn't really matter.
I've tried switching it off and back on again and it's still the same.

I've also tried pulling the power out of the back of the TV and HTPC to make sure.
(2017-01-18, 21:10)sublow Wrote: I've tried switching it off and back on again and it's still the same.

I've also tried pulling the power out of the back of the TV and HTPC to make sure.

Check to see if you have HDMI UHD color on and if so turn it off. Also in Kodi are you able to switch to a different resolution or are the additional resolutions missing?
I've switched off HDMI UHD colour and rebooted with no change.

The only resolutions are 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.

It's as if the box hasn't connected with the TV as when it worked audio output device showed on Samsung TV now it just says HDMI#0
(2017-01-18, 21:59)sublow Wrote: I've switched off HDMI UHD colour and rebooted with no change.

The only resolutions are 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.

It's as if the box hasn't connected with the TV as when it worked audio output device showed on Samsung TV now it just says HDMI#0

You are using the Intel build right?
This one...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2498531
(2017-01-18, 22:42)sublow Wrote: This one...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2498531
Okay good that is the most current build. Do you just have the TV connected only through HDMI or is there another device connected?
Thanks for your help with this raidflex.

The HTPC is connected to the tv directly via HDMI.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9