• 72(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
i will just buy it when i buy my c2 tomorrow from ameridroid, i just figured id save a few bucks if i had a psu that would work, wait you mean there is a phone charger plug port on the c2? that can power it?
Any decent Phone/Tablet USB Charger > USB to micro USB Cable > micro usb socket (OTG) on the C2 that can be used for Power input. Smile

Its this OTG Port...
Quote:* USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB OTG x 1 (power + data capable)

so i just plug my phone charger into that port? i read somewhere you have to set a jumper?
Yes there is a jumper. Honestly I cannot remember if it works out of the box or a minor jumper change is needed. Its no big deal anyway.

I have installed the latest nightly from Raybuntu
Despite it being called 8.0 it is still Krypton and not Leia
Having a centralized mysql db for my media it s not synchronized with my other devices, all migrated to Leia already
  • Raspberry Pi 3 - Libreelec 9.0.1
  • Odroid C2 - Libreelec 8.2.5 & Libreelec 9.0.1
(2017-01-18, 06:55)leo5111 Wrote: so i just plug my phone charger into that port? i read somewhere you have to set a jumper?

Yes, just received mine and directly plugged it. the jumper is on there by default, nothing to do
So let me get this straight as I'm confused, you want a mySQL database compatible with v18 Leia when LibreELEC 8.0 / Kodi Krypton v17 has not even reached the stable release stage yet ?

(2017-01-18, 13:26)wrxtasy Wrote: So let me get this straight as I'm confused, you want a mySQL database compatible with v18 Leia when LibreELEC 8.0 / Kodi Krypton v17 has not even reached the stable release stage yet ?

Using Milhouse latest builds both on chromebox and RPis 1 and 3, the DB used is MyVideos108
With this 8.0 build on the Odroid from Raybuntu, the DB used is MyVideos107
Therefore leaving me with unsynchronized media list, info and status
If you want to run Leia builds and Krypton builds side-by-side it's entirely up to you to manage the versions of database required and other odd things that will likely occur from that configuration. It is not a supported or supportable configuration. If you want to live life on the bleeding edge, expect it to be bloody Smile
(2017-01-18, 14:35)chewitt Wrote: If you want to run Leia builds and Krypton builds side-by-side it's entirely up to you to manage the versions of database required and other odd things that will likely occur from that configuration. It is not a supported or supportable configuration. If you want to live life on the bleeding edge, expect it to be bloody Smile
That's exactly why I'm asking around if there are Leia builds for the Odroid, the rest of my devices being already running it Huh
It is important to me to live life on the bleeding edge no matter what subject Big Grin
In the subject of kodi, isn't that the best way to find bugs and improvements and submit them ? Wink
i ordered mine from ameriDROID this morning so the waiting begins Tongue
(2017-01-15, 11:20)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 08:40)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 22:08)nickr Wrote: Mine freezes from time to time and needs a power supply pull to reboot. I then get the delay before bt works.

Maybe the fact it is in a cupboard means it overheats. It is summer here.

Well, there's no problem with temperatures here at the opposite side, it's been nearly -30C outside lately, and inside it's solid 22C. Big Grin

I guess pulling the plug causes this problem with bluetooth. I have to test if bluetooth works immediately after normal shutdown and reboot.

It takes a long time before bluetooth remote works even after normal reboot via Kodi. Confused
It is the same for me. Using a harmony Hub to connect to the C2 with a generic CSR 4.0 bluetooth USB-dongle and it takes ~10s after boot to be able to control kodi. This is really a pity :/. On the other hand the responsiveness is superior to IR in any way.

@3D topic of the last posts
I don't share the opinion that you need a big screen for enjoying it. If you watch the movie "Gravity" I bet you will be stunned by its 3D picture no matter how big/small the TV is.

For me it is always like: If the movie has no 3D version, then fine, 2D is nice. If the movie has a 3D version (no matter if converted or native), I want to see it, because I think nowadays the director and producers put a lot of scenes into a movie that are supposed to be seen in 3D. That means that the scenes would've been shot another way if they were only meant to be seen in 2D. Especially in Doctor Strange there are sooo many scenes, where I noticed that they were intentionally shot the way they are just because of the 3D target.
Sure, it is not necessary, but once the producer decides to make a 3D version, then it is certain that in 2D you will see many scenes that seem to be strange or not completely necessary the way they appear to you or lets say these scenes seem to be a second too long and you might think "why might this shot have gotten this extra second in the movie? It seems to have a high priority for the director? Aaaah... it was meant to be seen in 3D".

Of course, the first 3D movies like "Journey to the Center of the Earth (3D)" were just a gimmick, where the plot and the directors handcraft had low priority, it was just about 3D and money making. But currently all the 3D effects on blockbusters aren't exaggerated, rather utilized in a smart way. And still I prefer original 2D movies, and I'm happy if the movie I want to watch in cinema has no 3D version. But if there is a 3D version, it is a must have for me. It's comparable to Stereo vs. DTS or now the new Atmos. Nobody complains about 5.1 (3D Sound), but so many complain about 3D video.

I've got a lot of 3D movies and I'm really dissappointed that I don't have the skills to implement MVC and Framepacked functionality to the C2, which is apart from that an almost perfect little mediacenter monster.
(2017-01-19, 01:42)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 11:20)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 08:40)BoxFreak Wrote: Well, there's no problem with temperatures here at the opposite side, it's been nearly -30C outside lately, and inside it's solid 22C. Big Grin

I guess pulling the plug causes this problem with bluetooth. I have to test if bluetooth works immediately after normal shutdown and reboot.

It takes a long time before bluetooth remote works even after normal reboot via Kodi. Confused
It is the same for me. Using a harmony Hub to connect to the C2 with a generic CSR 4.0 bluetooth USB-dongle and it takes ~10s after boot to be able to control kodi. This is really a pity :/. On the other hand the responsiveness is superior to IR in any way.

I don't share the opinion that you need a big screen for enjoying it. If you watch the movie "Gravity" I bet you will be stunned by its 3D picture no matter how big/small the TV is.

For me it is always like: If the movie has no 3D version, then fine, 2D is nice. If the movie has a 3D version (no matter if converted or native), I want to see it, because I think nowadays the director and producers put a lot of scenes into a movie that are supposed to be seen in 3D. That means that the scenes would've been shot another way if they were only meant to be seen in 2D. Especially in Doctor Strange there are sooo many scenes, where I noticed that they were intentionally shot the way they are just because of the 3D target.
Sure, it is not necessary, but once the producer decides to make a 3D version, then it is certain that in 2D you will see many scenes that seem to be strange or not completely necessary the way they appear to you or lets say these scenes seem to be a second too long and you might think "why might this shot have gotten this extra second in the movie? It seems to have a high priority for the director? Aaaah... it was meant to be seen in 3D".

Of course, the first 3D movies like "Journey to the Center of the Earth (3D)" were just a gimmick, where the plot and the directors handcraft had low priority, it was just about 3D and money making. But currently all the 3D effects on blockbusters aren't exaggerated, rather utilized in a smart way. And still I prefer original 2D movies, and I'm happy if the movie I want to watch in cinema has no 3D version. But if there is a 3D version, it is a must have for me. It's comparable to Stereo vs. DTS or now the new Atmos. Nobody complains about 5.1 (3D Sound), but so many complain about 3D video.

I've got a lot of 3D movies and I'm really dissappointed that I don't have the skills to implement MVC and Framepacked functionality to the C2, which is apart from that an almost perfect little mediacenter monster.

I think the real problem lots of us have with 3D in the home is that you need glasses, and our screens aren't big enough to give you the fully immersive experience. I can't watch active 3D screens because I'm quite sensitive to flicker - and the shuttering of the glasses makes me feel really uncomfortable. Our current first gen Sony UHD display offers passive 3D with Full HD resolution and is more comfortable for me to watch - but I still 'see the edges' where the 3D effect breaks down (whereas in a cinema the screen fills more of my field of view) and have to wear glasses (and I wear glasses anyway - so two pairs of glasses quickly gets quite boring) I've probably watched 3 3D movies on our TV - but I've watched a lot more UHD content.

For me the comparison of 2D vs 3D isn't the same as stereo vs 5.1 or 5.1 vs Atmos because the 3D viewing experience requires you to wear glasses, 2D doesn't. For audio you do the same thing whether you are listening to 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 or Atmos-style stuff - no need to wear additional gear. That's a big issue.

In Europe 3D TV has died - the 3D sports coverage that was driving adoption has stopped. 3D movies are now limited to on-demand services and Blu-ray (Sky closed their 3D sports and 3D movies channels ages ago). As each generation of new TVs arrive, fewer models support 3D. I think its time has probably passed. UHD and HDR however I think stand a better chance of success. (Personally I think 1080p HDR is also definitely worth pursuing)
(2017-01-19, 03:09)noggin Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 01:42)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 11:20)BoxFreak Wrote: It takes a long time before bluetooth remote works even after normal reboot via Kodi. Confused

I think the real problem lots of us have with 3D in the home is that you need glasses, and our screens aren't big enough to give you the fully immersive experience. I can't watch active 3D screens because I'm quite sensitive to flicker - and the shuttering of the glasses makes me feel really uncomfortable. Our current first gen Sony UHD display offers passive 3D with Full HD resolution and is more comfortable for me to watch - but I still 'see the edges' where the 3D effect breaks down (whereas in a cinema the screen fills more of my field of view) and have to wear glasses (and I wear glasses anyway - so two pairs of glasses quickly gets quite boring) I've probably watched 3 3D movies on our TV - but I've watched a lot more UHD content.

For me the comparison of 2D vs 3D isn't the same as stereo vs 5.1 or 5.1 vs Atmos because the 3D viewing experience requires you to wear glasses, 2D doesn't. For audio you do the same thing whether you are listening to 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 or Atmos-style stuff - no need to wear additional gear. That's a big issue.

In Europe 3D TV has died - the 3D sports coverage that was driving adoption has stopped. 3D movies are now limited to on-demand services and Blu-ray (Sky closed their 3D sports and 3D movies channels ages ago). As each generation of new TVs arrive, fewer models support 3D. I think its time has probably passed. UHD and HDR however I think stand a better chance of success. (Personally I think 1080p HDR is also definitely worth pursuing)

Maybe media industry already believe in improvements of new technologies, as James Cameron commented about Avatar 2:
“I’m going to push. Not only for better tools, workflow, high dynamic range (HDR) and high frame rates (HFR) — the things we are working toward. I’m still very bullish on 3D, but we need brighter projection, and ultimately I think it can happen — with no glasses. We’ll get there.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/glasses-free-3d...r-sequels/
my c2 came with the 16 gig emmc, it only shows the boot file is there a tool to format it in windows if so where do i get it or do i need to use a linux boot disk to resize it?
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610