• 23(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
@Milhouse

Some users of your test builds and the official LibreELEC alpha/beta builds have noticed a strange behaviour with the integrated IR receiver of Zotac hardware platforms.

Description of the problem by meilon (https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3997.html)
Quote:I just updated to the latest beta (7.95.1 8.0) and now I have to press every remote button twice to get the reaction I want. It doesn't matter which button I press first, only the second one does get executed. If I need to go down a list one element, I could press down, stop, play or whatever (nothing happens), then I can press down and Kodi executes it. There doesn't seem to be a timeout issue: I can press the first button and wait 30 seconds and Kodi executes the command.

The problem occurs only with the integrated IR port of my Zotac ZBOX nano AD-10. If I plug in the included USB dongle and cover the integrated one everything works just fine. It doesn't matter if I use the included remote or my Harmony Hub for both.

It worked great with the previous alpha (pretty sure it was v7.90.010), so something must've changed.

I ran irw and only the odd button presses appear there, so it must be a problem with lirc.

We are experiencing exactly the same issue with your test builds, #0107 is the last build with the remote fully working as expected. #0108 introduces the behaviour described above.

Do you have an idea of what is causing this issue and if there is a fix or a workaround? I am more than happy to provide you with more information/logs if required.

Thank you very for your help.
@xiringuelu: not immediately obvious what changed in #0108 that would cause remote control issues. Can you test the 4.10-rc3 kernel build #0109x as this does not include the media_build package introduced in #0108.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse: I tested the build #0109x and the remote works fine with it on my zotac again!
(2017-01-19, 20:39)Milhouse Wrote: @xiringuelu: not immediately obvious what changed in #0108 that would cause remote control issues. Can you test the 4.10-rc3 kernel build #0109x as this does not include the media_build package introduced in #0108.

(2017-01-19, 22:38)meilon Wrote: @Milhouse: I tested the build #0109x and the remote works fine with it on my zotac again!

I confirm it. Remote works OK with #0109x.
Hi, anyone tested 4k HEVC 10bit on nvidia GPU, everything else looking good exept this, then CPU runs 100 %, no GPU HW acceleration ...

or did i miss some setting somewhere ?
Found that the latest Libreelec V.7.95.1 uses CrazyCat fork of media build drivers:

The team have added the CrazyCat fork of media_build drivers to the Linux 4.9 kernel used in Generic x86_64 and Raspberry Pi images. This adopts work from a long-running community release to increase the range of DVB devices that can be used “out of box” with Tvheadend/VDR. This includes TBS cards and the Geniatech T230C DVB-T2 stick.

Is this also true for these testbuilds?

Thanks!
@altruismo no HEVC 10-bit hardware support on Nvidia, only Intel Apollo/Kaby Lake.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-01-20, 20:40)rudrood Wrote: Is this also true for these testbuilds?

Thanks!

Of course.
(2017-01-19, 22:38)meilon Wrote: @Milhouse: I tested the build #0109x and the remote works fine with it on my zotac again!

(2017-01-19, 22:46)xiringuelu Wrote: I confirm it. Remote works OK with #0109x.

Thanks both, it's being looked into - hopefully there'll be a fix soon, although as stated I won't be building again until Monday at the earliest (maybe a good time to give #0109x and kernel 4.10-rc3 a thorough test! Smile).
(2017-01-20, 21:22)Milhouse Wrote: @altruismo no HEVC 10-bit hardware support on Nvidia, only Intel Apollo/Kaby Lake.
Very sad ... may an idea if planned ? or shall i not hope for it ?
(2017-01-20, 22:08)alturismo Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 21:22)Milhouse Wrote: @altruismo no HEVC 10-bit hardware support on Nvidia, only Intel Apollo/Kaby Lake.

Think you can better ask NVidia to make a decent Linux driver.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2017-01-18, 11:10)Quax Wrote: Is there a way to get DigitalDevices V7A DVBS 2 Card working.
In TvHeadend nothing Adapter found?

Is possible with this Build http://cvh.libreelec.tv/Test/LibreELEC-G...dge.img.gz (Kodi V17 RC3)
(2017-01-20, 22:40)Devil-Strike Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 22:08)alturismo Wrote:

Think you can better ask NVidia to make a decent Linux driver.
Too bad as there are not even kaby Boards with HDMI 2.0 ...
@Milhouse: First, thanks for your fantastic builds!

On official LibreElec builds (even the newest Krypton Alpha and Beta builds), the Bluetooth module on my Asrock Beebox (Intel N3150) box is not supported. The kernel is detecting a Bluetooth device, but it does not recognize which one and also does not register it in the HCI subsystem. The Bluetooth chip does need a firmware file, which is present. But it just does not get around to loading the Firmware.

On yóur builds and also on OpenElec (even earlier versions), Bluetooth on this device works perfectly!

If only you would provide builds with Kodi v17 (Krypton) RC's Smile.

But I understand, your builds are for development testing Smile. And Kodi v18 Alpha is working reasonably well Smile.
(2017-01-21, 21:24)alturismo Wrote: Too bad as there are not even kaby Boards with HDMI 2.0 ...

Use this: http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/product...apter.html

It should work great on Kaby Lake.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24