• 204(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-01-20, 12:49)Dumyat Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 22:22)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Hello, is it possible to request with script in pvr the “next thumb“ from the next programm on a selected channel ?

Or only the actually running thumb ?

Webservice works for my PVR posters for the next channel item. Here the code I used:-

PHP Code:
<texture>http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=$INFO[listitem.NextTitle]&amp;channel=$INFO[listitem.NextChannel]&amp;type=poster</texture> 

Works like a charm. Just change poster at the end to your preferred artwork type Smile

Please test it with “landscape“ , the rest works fine but landscape is empty.
(2017-01-20, 18:21)Skinnerxyz Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 12:49)Dumyat Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 22:22)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Hello, is it possible to request with script in pvr the “next thumb“ from the next programm on a selected channel ?

Or only the actually running thumb ?

Webservice works for my PVR posters for the next channel item. Here the code I used:-

PHP Code:
<texture>http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=$INFO[listitem.NextTitle]&amp;channel=$INFO[listitem.NextChannel]&amp;type=poster</texture> 

Works like a charm. Just change poster at the end to your preferred artwork type Smile

Confirm landscape working as expected as well......Mine takes a couple of seconds to fetch the image
(2017-01-20, 18:50)Dumyat Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 18:21)Skinnerxyz Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 12:49)Dumyat Wrote: Webservice works for my PVR posters for the next channel item. Here the code I used:-

PHP Code:

Confirm landscape working as expected as well......Mine takes a couple of seconds to fetch the image

Really ?
Listitem.nextchannel ?
It would be cool if the skin helper would have something like the rotten tomatoes or the imdb but for games to be used for example with advanced emulator launcher and mame launcher and, in the future retroplayer. You have giantbomb, gamesdb, igdb. these I knw they have APIs but there are more databases. It would receive an argument like the id of the game on the site. These argument is needed because there are no game scrapers for Kodi.

Amazing tool you developed
Keep up the good work
Best regards
(2017-01-21, 00:02)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Really ?
Listitem.nextchannel ?

Works for me, but not quite sure why it did I must admit. Tongue Have just replaced mine using 'ListItem.ChannelName' and works even better. Much faster and not so many items missing......Give that a try
hello,

@Marcel

in dilaogpvrchannelsosd.xml thee propertys dont work :

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Thumb)]
(2017-01-17, 12:19)sualfred Wrote: [quote='sualfred' pid='2500112' dateline='1484322565']
Found a small issue with the genre webservice.
The order direction is wrong since a while and it won't start with the first available item anymore.

Example:
Action
First item in the genre folder: 2 Fast 2 Furious
Result of the web service -> Ant-Man (23rd position in the genre directory)

Animation
First item in the genre folder: Aladdin
Result of the web service -> Asterix - Operation Hinkelstein (3rd position in the genre directory)

Working fine on my end.
What are you using as the url to grab the image ?
Should be something like this:

http://localhost:52307/getmoviegenreimag...e=poster.0
(2017-01-17, 23:09)Angelinas Wrote:
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlot)
MovieSet Extended plot now showing only Title year and plot for sets , no single plot for movie in set (This should be "SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot")

Now use SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlots instead
(2017-01-18, 12:37)Blurayx Wrote: Any news regarding Episodes Airing Today displaying a day ahead.?

That should already been fixed
(2017-01-22, 10:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 12:19)sualfred Wrote: [quote='sualfred' pid='2500112' dateline='1484322565']
Found a small issue with the genre webservice.
The order direction is wrong since a while and it won't start with the first available item anymore.

Example:
Action
First item in the genre folder: 2 Fast 2 Furious
Result of the web service -> Ant-Man (23rd position in the genre directory)

Animation
First item in the genre folder: Aladdin
Result of the web service -> Asterix - Operation Hinkelstein (3rd position in the genre directory)

Working fine on my end.
What are you using as the url to grab the image ?
Should be something like this:

http://localhost:52307/getmoviegenreimag...e=poster.0

I'm using exactly this command and it was working the last couple of months. Nothing has changed on my side. I have this issue on my main rig, my laptop, my HTPC and my PC in the office.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2017-01-18, 16:29)Skinnerxyz Wrote: here my call, i see it gives NO result. "Thumb" is working but "landscsape" gives nothing

<texture background="true">http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&amp;title=$INFO[Listitem.nexttitle]&amp;channel=$INFO[Listitem.title]&amp;type=Landscape</texture>

It is case sensitive.. You should use it like this:

<texture background="true">http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&amp;title=$INFO[Listitem.nexttitle]&amp;channel=$INFO[Listitem.title]&amp;type=landscape,fanart,thumb&amp;fallback=special://skin/extras/fallback.png</texture>
(2017-01-20, 12:42)Dumyat Wrote: Hi Marcel,
Just wanted to check that the custom download folder for PVR artwork works in the same way as it did previously?

I already had a previous pvrthumbs folder with a huge amount of downloaded artwork and quite of a lot of manual artwork I had created myself, for items not available when scrapped. However, when I go to skin helper options via the context menu and manually add the path for this folder, it doesn't seem to be picking up everything as I expected it would. I've also noticed instances where previously downloaded artwork is now getting overwritten by the script. The only reliable way I've found to stop that happening is to do a manual refresh on the programme item, but that could be a very lengthy process if I need to do that for all the programme items in my original downloaded artwork folder. Have also noticed that when I have this custom folder enabled, there appears to be quite a lag in displaying the artwork, at least compared to when it's disabled, which is pretty seamless and quick.

I presume this custom folder still uses the same name as before and the pvrdetails.xml file is still required for each programme item?
Cheers

No, it has changed a bit:
- foldername is set to the programtitle
- pvrdetails.xml is no longer in use

Also, I must mention that there is absolutely NO reason why to download the artwork locally. The default behaviour is that the image URL's are fed to Kodi directly and that will take care of caching the images with the texture cache.
It's only that I got so many requests to implement a download to folde feature so I implemented it.

Lookup can indeed be slower if you have that custom folder enabled as it has to browse through the files on disk and/or download them.
(2017-01-20, 14:37)MB1968 Wrote: I'm figuring out how this script exactly works. I've seen that the animated gif files are being stored in the Thumbnails/animatedgifs folder.
1 - Does it make any sense to move the animated gif files from the thumbnail folder, to the movie folders on my external usb drive and than instruct Kodi to use the gif files that are stored on my external HD?
It can take a while before the gif files have been downloaded and are visible in Kodi and I'm wondering if this process can be speeded up by telling Kodi to use the gif files that are located on my external HD.

2. I'm getting a YouTube error while using Select Animated Artwork from the contextmenu. The error appears when I select a gif file.I'm not sure if this is caused by the YouTube addon or the skin.helper.service script.
I'm using Jarvis 16.1 and the latest skin.helper.script from the Kodi repository.

1. Not possible. Kodi doesn't support animated gifs in a remote location, they NEED to be local.
That's why they're stored in a local location.

2. Issue on your setup. Animated art has nothing to do with YouTube.
(2017-01-21, 02:36)KODser Wrote: It would be cool if the skin helper would have something like the rotten tomatoes or the imdb but for games to be used for example with advanced emulator launcher and mame launcher and, in the future retroplayer. You have giantbomb, gamesdb, igdb. these I knw they have APIs but there are more databases. It would receive an argument like the id of the game on the site. These argument is needed because there are no game scrapers for Kodi.

I have really no knowledge of games and where their metadata is to be found so this sounds more like something for an alternative addon or a PR created by someone else. I can take a loook at it, but that will not be for the first couple of weeks.
(2017-01-21, 20:27)Skinnerxyz Wrote: in dilaogpvrchannelsosd.xml thee propertys dont work :

Working fine on my end. Be aware that the properties return the info for the currently playing item, so not whatever info is selected in the channels OSD.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18