• 43(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-01-20, 11:20)peajay18 Wrote: Thanks marcelveldt for all your hard work on a great skin!

I have a couple of small issues (which I can't even be sure are Titan related) but I can't seem to find the solution anywhere else.

Firstly - when I call up the media info bar whilst playing a video, it uses a different poster from the one I have in my Netflix view (it looks like it uses the first one that kodi can find online)
I've got all my artwork stored locally and working correctly in all other views.

Secondly - I cannot get UK BBFC certifications to show up. All movies are showing their US rating e.g Rated R, PG-13 etc instead of the UK rating I've specified in the .NFO eg <certification>UK:15</certification>

I'd be grateful if anybody has any ideas on how to solve these issues.
I noticed that with discart turned on, it uses a poster grabbed from online. With discart off, it uses the library one. Perhaps a bug
(2017-01-18, 04:51)Tired Dad Wrote: Hey Marcel,

I have two quick questions on the latest beta (3.7.42) for Kodi17 RC3. My apologies if they've been asked before, my my searches were not fruitful.

1. I have the skin set up to show playlists as main menu items, and other playlists as submenu items. I've noticed that a few times the skin sub-menu or widgets change on their own to another playlist; sometimes the label changes, sometime it does not, but the item referenced by the menu is not the correct one. This is consistent across multiple machines and occurs randomly. Under the Emby plugin version for Kodi 16, the same problem occurred for a while and then ... stopped.

2. Is it possible to have skin help service widgets for playlists that reflect only the playlist? For example, I see the skin help service widget for "movies in progress", but that seems to be a global widget. What if I had a playlist for kids movies and another for documentaries and each was set up as a main menu item; is it possible for the widgets to reflect the movies in progress only for that specific playlist for that menu? I seem to recall that this was possible under the Emby plugin, but am not sure if it works on the vanilla Kodi program (I'm trying to get rid of Emby as a middle layer).

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

I'm still seeing randomized widgets that are not matching the actions that I had set up for them (although the label remains the same). Is anyone else seeing this? Also, any ideas on point #2 above?
Hey, I really really need 2 things in this skin, because I still want to use it because I love it Big Grin

So let's start:

1. The context menu in kodi 17 works for widgets now, so pls add more features. I really need trakt.tv there for example, best would be the trakt.tv manager with
adding to collection
delete from collection
add to watchlist
delete from watchlist
show as seen in trakt

And I would prefer the context menu as an small window if you open through a widget, not the big one on the left site (I m using the Netflix - new design theme)
But that's your skin, so you decide

2. The information page for movies/series is very buggy with trailers. They start in a small window and then try to full screen and crash...
If I m starting the trailer and fast again click on the full screen, he starts into full screen and it works. Maybe you could fix the small window.. Or just give an option to choose always for small/full/both maybe?

THANKS for your hard work bro!
I know it's your free time, so take your time to keep your skin sexy Wink

Gesendet von meinem OnePlus 3T
(2017-01-19, 19:31)CBers Wrote: Not sure it is your skin, as Kodi is still crashing even when just use ESTUARY.

Please enable Kodi debug logging, wait for the crash and send me the logfile.
(2017-01-19, 01:19)oattes Wrote: OK, based on your guidance, here is a trace from a 'just now' occurrence:
Update: a bigger section of the log http://pastebin.com/sN2qcvs9

Was the issue fixed in last update ? I've added a small delay in the code for refreshing the widgets as it does indeed seem to be a race condition.
If not, I'll have to extend the delay some more.
(2017-01-19, 21:16)brazen1 Wrote: Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your continued dedication to Titan and add-ons for v.17.
Working very well for me. Updates are completely auto and painless now. Kodi closes very, very fast now. No more crashing at all. Custom main screen sub-menu links carry over after updates. Too many positives to list.

Thanks! Yes, a lot of work has been done to improve things. I think it's time to update the stable version on Kodi repo soon.

(2017-01-19, 21:16)brazen1 Wrote: Since many, many builds ago, when I select 'Trailer' from the info screen, the trailer plays audio only and I see the info screen still. If I backspace after starting the trailer, I can see and hear it. I shouldn't have to backspace. Is it just me or does this happen for others?
You can set your preference for the trailers in the skin settings --> Media library views --> Default action for trailers

(2017-01-19, 21:16)brazen1 Wrote: Are you still considering feature request 'add scrolling cast/role to video info'? https://trello.com/b/VPlkyvMp/titan-skin
This would be the icing on the cake imo.

Yes, it's on the TODO list but currently I'm focussing on speed and stability and some code cleanup to get a solid version out on the kodi repo.
Once that's done I'll go ahead with new features again.
Hey marcelveldt ,
Did you see my post? Big Grin

BTW.
I have the normal Titan skin from the kodi skins and the beta one from your own Repo. Which one, with all the fixes and stuff you are talking about right now is everyone using atm? Big Grin

Gesendet von meinem OnePlus 3T
(2017-01-20, 01:13)aptalca Wrote: I have a mysql setup and if I watch something on one device, the widgets on the other devices never update unless I reboot them. Even a library update doesn't properly kick off a widget refresh.
Just to clarify, the watched status on each device is always up-to-date (thanks to mysql) but the widget doesnt' update to reflect those changes.

Are you running the latest beta of the skin ?

Hmmm, I don't think this is ever going to work with a mysql setup because my guess is that there is no event fired when an item gets updated in the db. It will only fire that event on the device where you ast changed something.

I'm using Emby myself instead of mysql for the centralized deployment so it's a bit hard to test
I will dive into the Kodi docs once again, maybe I can spot something to fix it.
(2017-01-22, 14:08)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 01:13)aptalca Wrote: I have a mysql setup and if I watch something on one device, the widgets on the other devices never update unless I reboot them. Even a library update doesn't properly kick off a widget refresh.
Just to clarify, the watched status on each device is always up-to-date (thanks to mysql) but the widget doesnt' update to reflect those changes.

Are you running the latest beta of the skin ?

Hmmm, I don't think this is ever going to work with a mysql setup because my guess is that there is no event fired when an item gets updated in the db. It will only fire that event on the device where you ast changed something.

I'm using Emby myself instead of mysql for the centralized deployment so it's a bit hard to test
I will dive into the Kodi docs once again, maybe I can spot something to fix it.
Yes, I'm on the latest beta.

Could it be time based? I remember skin widgets service back in the day had a setting for refreshing widget contents every 15 minutes

Oh and by the way, I think a library update used to fire the widget refresh in titan but it no longer seems to do so (I have automatic updates at for every hour)
(2017-01-22, 13:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 01:19)oattes Wrote: OK, based on your guidance, here is a trace from a 'just now' occurrence:

Was the issue fixed in last update ? I've added a small delay in the code for refreshing the widgets as it does indeed seem to be a race condition.

Sorry, the problem is now much more prevalent ;-{. After starting a 'fresh' Kodi, the updates for the widget(s) work for two or three times. After that they freeze solid. Unlike before, replaying the show will not cause a refresh. I notice that both the 'next episodes' and 'recently added movies' are affected -- perhaps others, but those are the two I use all the time.
(2017-01-22, 13:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 19:31)CBers Wrote: Not sure it is your skin, as Kodi is still crashing even when just use ESTUARY.

Please enable Kodi debug logging, wait for the crash and send me the logfile.
Kodi crashed again whilst configuring the skin after installing it.

Log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z5hvevwh5nr7f...2.txt?dl=0
I noticed in Estuary MOD skin I get genre colours on the live tv guide using PVR IPTV Simple Client. Is there any way getting this working with Titan?

Also can I take a backup from Jarvis titan and restore to Krypton Titan or is it a start from scratch?

Thanks
Wink 
First let me say that this is my favorite skin for Kodi. Just love the ease of use (for the wife) and the flexibility of the setup.

I do have a question or two.
I want to customize the skins menu to run an external app (my game emulator) in linux. How can add a custom command to the menu?
I got it working on the stock them for Kodi but I'd rather use Titan.

Thanks in advance for your work on this Skin Big Grin
(2017-01-22, 16:37)oattes Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 13:41)marcelveldt Wrote:

Sorry, the problem is now much more prevalent ;-{. After starting a 'fresh' Kodi, the updates for the widget(s) work for two or three times. After that they freeze solid. Unlike before, replaying the show will not cause a refresh. I notice that both the 'next episodes' and 'recently added movies' are affected -- perhaps others, but those are the two I use all the time.

er, in kodi_monitor.py/process_db_update: line 156 'self.bgtasks += 1' should surely be 'self.bgtasks -= 1'.

Also, I would say your 'todo' is pretty important. This logic appears to just discard work if the system gets busy and will never recovery it.
(2017-01-20, 11:20)peajay18 Wrote: Thanks marcelveldt for all your hard work on a great skin!

I have a couple of small issues (which I can't even be sure are Titan related) but I can't seem to find the solution anywhere else.

Firstly - when I call up the media info bar whilst playing a video, it uses a different poster from the one I have in my Netflix view (it looks like it uses the first one that kodi can find online)
I've got all my artwork stored locally and working correctly in all other views.

Secondly - I cannot get UK BBFC certifications to show up. All movies are showing their US rating e.g Rated R, PG-13 etc instead of the UK rating I've specified in the .NFO eg <certification>UK:15</certification>

I'd be grateful if anybody has any ideas on how to solve these issues.

1) Are you running the latest beta version of the skin ?

2) The issue with the wrong artwork o the video osd should be fixed already

3) In the skin settings --> Media library Views, try to set the style for the mediainfo/codecs to textbased and let me know if the UK rating shows up in the footer. Also, I'm not so sure about <certification> , shouldn't that be <mpaa> ?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6