• 64(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-01-18, 18:57)hslansky Wrote: Hi Dan,
It looks like and old problem, that had been resolved, is back again. I am getting a failure when I try to sync a movie with "Part 1" or "Part 2" in the file name. I went back through my EMM logs and the last time I saw this working was May 20, 2016. The first time it failed appears to be August 10, 2016. Sorry of the delay in reporting this but I didn't notice until I did a fresh install of Kodi and several movie's with this pattern (ie: Deathly Hallows) were not showing artwork. Multi-part movies are working.

If I rename the file so instead of "Part 2" is says "Part II" then the sync works.

Please let me know what info you would need to try and resolve the problem.

Thanks

Known and already (finally) fixed for next Alpha.

Workaround:
Add this line to AdvancedSettings.xml to remove "pt#" and "part#" from stacking list:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="FileStacking" DefaultValue="">(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</Setting>
(2017-01-18, 19:19)DanCooper Wrote:
It looks like and old problem, that had been resolved, is back again. I am getting a failure when I try to sync a movie with "Part 1" or "Part 2" in the file name. I went back through my EMM logs and the last time I saw this working was May 20, 2016. The first time it failed appears to be August 10, 2016. Sorry of the delay in reporting this but I didn't notice until I did a fresh install of Kodi and several movie's with this pattern (ie: Deathly Hallows) were not showing artwork. Multi-part movies are working.

If I rename the file so instead of "Part 2" is says "Part II" then the sync works.

Thanks

Workaround:
Add this line to AdvancedSettings.xml to remove "pt#" and "part#" from stacking list:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="FileStacking" DefaultValue="">(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</Setting>

Excellent news!! Any idea on an ETA for the next alpha? Can it be compiled from Github?

I also tried the workaround you provided, it fixes the movies with "Part" in the name but it breaks multi-part movies. Were you aware of this?

Thanks again for this excellent program, couldn't handle my media library without it.
(2017-01-18, 23:37)hslansky Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 19:19)DanCooper Wrote:

Thanks

Workaround:
Code:

Excellent news!! Any idea on an ETA for the next alpha? Can it be compiled from Github?

I also tried the workaround you provided, it fixes the movies with "Part" in the name but it breaks multi-part movies. Were you aware of this?

Thanks again for this excellent program, couldn't handle my media library without it.

That regex should only breaks Multi-part movies that use "part" as flag. DVD1/DVD2 or disk1/disk2 should working. Btw, the modified regex is not the "new" solution in next version ;-)
Nope, I'm working on an separate branch and this one is not ready to compile.
Hi Guys and Gals,

I just added a season of a TV Show like I always do. I updated the library and all of my other TV Shows are now missing from the list, except one other show only, which I didn't do anything too.
I'm on the latest version 1.4.7.2 x64. Is there any way to quickly recover the library? All of my movies are fine BTW.

Thanks!
(2017-01-22, 19:09)noonan2678 Wrote: Hi Guys and Gals,

I just added a season of a TV Show like I always do. I updated the library and all of my other TV Shows are now missing from the list, except one other show only, which I didn't do anything too.
I'm on the latest version 1.4.7.2 x64. Is there any way to quickly recover the library? All of my movies are fine BTW.

Thanks!
Any filter enabled? Or do you have enabled "clean database after db update" and your files was unavailable while update?
(2017-01-22, 19:40)DanCooper Wrote: [
Any filter enabled? Or do you have enabled "clean database after db update" and your files was unavailable while update?

No filter. I did remove a few movies, so did manually do a "clean database." It's possible that my NAS wasn't fully spun up at that time. Weird that one show does show up though.

What's the solution now? Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

EDIT - Clean Database after update was enabled too for TV Shows only. I just de-selected it for future. Thanks. Still wondering how to fix with the least amt of headache.
You only can reload/update the database
Not sure if this is a known issue, but I'm running 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23 x64. When I edit a movie, assign a rating and hit OK the rating appears in the database but is not reflected in the NFO file so Kodi will not see this rating. This did not occur in the previous release of Ember that I was using.
(2017-01-22, 20:09)DanCooper Wrote: You only can reload/update the database

When I reload TV Shows, it doesn't update anything. Sorry, but could you let me know the cleanest way to do it?

Thanks again!
(2017-01-22, 23:48)noonan2678 Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 20:09)DanCooper Wrote: You only can reload/update the database

When I reload TV Shows, it doesn't update anything. Sorry, but could you let me know the cleanest way to do it?

Thanks again!

Any hint in the log file (.\Ember Media Manager\Logs\DATE.csv)? Can you upload a screenshot of your main screen?
Also, one other issue. I'm please to see in Alpha 23 x64 of 1.4.8.0 that Ember reads the MKV crop tags to determine the size of the video. However, it doesn't use this info to calculate the aspect ratio, so if I have a video cropped to 1440x1080 using the crop tags but with an encoded resolution of 1920x1080, Ember will display the size as 1440x1080 but the aspect ratio as 1.778 instead of 1.333. The 1.778 aspect ratio then gets written to the NFO so I have to edit the NFO manually to update.
(2017-01-23, 01:03)mhendu Wrote: Also, one other issue. I'm please to see in Alpha 23 x64 of 1.4.8.0 that Ember reads the MKV crop tags to determine the size of the video. However, it doesn't use this info to calculate the aspect ratio, so if I have a video cropped to 1440x1080 using the crop tags but with an encoded resolution of 1920x1080, Ember will display the size as 1440x1080 but the aspect ratio as 1.778 instead of 1.333. The 1.778 aspect ratio then gets written to the NFO so I have to edit the NFO manually to update.

Please read that file with MediaInfo, set the view to XML, export the data and send it to [email protected] with your text above. I will proof how i can fix that issue.
Otherwise you can post this bug with XML on our bug tracker (it's the better way to have this bug on my "radar").
Hi Dan,

Can you please explain the logic behind the number of actors that are downloaded for the TV Shows? For the Movies I saw that is possible to set a limit...while for the TV Shows this is missing. So I was wondering how the actors are selected from TMDB, IMDB and TVDB. Anyway, I think that a limit would be useful also in this case.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-01-23, 18:36)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Can you please explain the logic behind the number of actors that are downloaded for the TV Shows? For the Movies I saw that is possible to set a limit...while for the TV Shows this is missing. So I was wondering how the actors are selected from TMDB, IMDB and TVDB. Anyway, I think that a limit would be useful also in this case.

It's depended on scraper ordering and if you've enabled actor scraping in each scraper. Ember use the full list of actors from the first scraper that have enabled actor scraping and give back any actor while scraping. There is no comparing between different scrapers.

I've added limit and "only actors with image" filter for the next alpha release.
(2017-01-23, 18:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 18:36)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Dan,

It's depended on scraper ordering and if you've enabled actor scraping in each scraper. Ember use the full list of actors from the first scraper that have enabled actor scraping and give back any actor while scraping. There is no comparing between different scrapers.

I've added limit and "only actors with image" filter for the next alpha release.

Thanks for your prompt answer Dan.

For TV Shows actors, I'm using IMDB only. For example, if you take a look to the Westworld cast available on IMDB, it looks quite impressive...but the scraper downloads only six actors (that are the first six in the cast list). That was why my question...

I think that the modification you have implemented is really useful! "only actors with image" will be available for Movies too?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2