Where put album.nfo/folder.jpg on multi-disc albums?
I would like to know what's the correct location for album.nfo and folder.jpg for multi-disc albums.

Currently my directory struct is as follows:

/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/album.nfo
/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/folder.jpg
/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/[Disc 1]/Baby.mp3
/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/[Disc 1]/...
/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/[Disc 2]/Alcastar.mp3
/music/A/Alcazar/Disco Defenders/[Disc 2]/...

All files are tagged with TPOS (discnumber) and TRCK (tracknumber).

1.) Is this correct or do I need to copy album.nfo and folder.jpg to the subdirectories?

2.) Is it better to copy the subfolders [Disc 1] and [Disc 2] into the album root folder?

Many thanks in advance.
Id like to be able to use a different image for each individual disc if possible
This aspect is not well designed (I seem to saying that a lot today, hey guys stop finding the flaws Smile)

Kodi will handle creating an album in the library no matter how you arrange the song files (all those with the same album title tag). But Kodi takes the folder immediately above those containing all the song files for an album as the "album folder" and looks there for artist and NFO. This means one image for the album, not per disc.

So no don't do 1) it will not help, and 2) would make matters worse.
Your current approach makes the most sense.

Improving disc set handling is on my (long) list of things to look at.
Where's that "long list" to be found?
I have the following folder structure and it shows the correct cd artwork for disc 1 and disc 2

Music\Aretha Franklin\extrafanart
Music\Aretha Franklin\artist.nfo
Music\Aretha Franklin\banner.jpg
Music\Aretha Franklin\fanart.jpg
Music\Aretha Franklin\folder.jpg
Music\Aretha Franklin\logo.png

Music\Aretha Franklin\Legends of Soul The Very Best of Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding (2005)\CD1\folder.jpg
Music\Aretha Franklin\Legends of Soul The Very Best of Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding (2005)\CD1\cdart.png (artwork for disc 1)
Music\Aretha Franklin\Legends of Soul The Very Best of Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding (2005)\CD1\album.nfo
Music\Aretha Franklin\Legends of Soul The Very Best of Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding (2005)\CD2\folder.jpg
Music\Aretha Franklin\Legends of Soul The Very Best of Aretha Franklin & Otis Redding (2005)\CD2\cdart.png (artwork for disc 2)
(2017-01-24, 23:26)Rusendusen Wrote: Where's that "long list" to be found?
On a pieces of paper on my desk. Old dog, so use old tech :p
I am missing my admin staff to type this stuff up, make gant charts etc. and a whole team of people to write the user guide and the wiki etc. Any volunteers?

(2017-01-25, 07:06)zorg2000k Wrote: I have the following folder structure and it shows the correct cd artwork for disc 1 and disc 2...
Yes, you are using the CDart addon to do that. It is something different to what Kodi can do on its own.
(2017-01-25, 07:06)zorg2000k Wrote: I have the following folder structure and it shows the correct cd artwork for disc 1 and disc 2

So you have a folder.jpg copy in every disc (CDx) of multi-disc albums and one album.nfo in CD1 folder. Hmm, doesn't make sense IMHO.

I do have a lot of problems with the music library export putting its file in random folders. So I try to make it right. For example:

Consider "Tom Petty" and "Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers" as two artist folders with its album folders within that directories.

Now do an music library export (individual NFOs per artist) from within Kodi and watch what happens:

1.) The artist.nfo and the folder.jpg of "Tom Petty" will end up in the directory above these two folders.

2.) If there's already an artist.nfo at this wrong place an additional <artist></artist> section will be appended within that file --> you end up with an artist.nfo containing lots of artists.

I have to say, my tags are well set and I do have a very well organized folder struct. Kodi is not always good on that.
Agreed, exporting to separate files is not worth the hassle anymore. It causes too many issues.
(2017-01-25, 18:51)hawikoeln Wrote: I do have a lot of problems with the music library export putting its file in random folders. ...

(2017-01-25, 19:56)helta Wrote: Agreed, exporting to separate files is not worth the hassle anymore. It causes too many issues.

Yes I know, the assumptions used to identify an "artist folder" are far too simple and often produce silly results - artists simply don't always have a unique common folder containing all their related songs. The album situation isn't so bad, albums usually do have a folder, but sets are not covered well, there are issues with changes to embedded artwork not being loaded to the library. There are improvements to be made to this.
I find that album.nfo works OK, would like to be able to export only those and not artists.

scott s.
Yup, album.nfo works fine.
(2017-01-25, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-01-25, 07:06)zorg2000k Wrote: I have the following folder structure and it shows the correct cd artwork for disc 1 and disc 2...
Yes, you are using the CDart addon to do that. It is something different to what Kodi can do on its own.

No I don't have the CDart addon installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where put album.nfo/folder.jpg on multi-disc albums?0