Using Kodi to view videos by network ? Upnp.
Good evening everybody
First excuse my poor English.
Kodi is strongly recommended in order to solve a little problem. Easy for you
On my PC master i have a server DLNA. This server include differents shared folders.
For instance folder Video.
Using DLNA i can from my Smart TV and my tablet play all my videos in the shared folder of coure.
I have installer Kodi on my secondary PC. Network CPL with my PC master.

I tried to use Kodi. I click on Upnp. Good. I can see my PC remote. I can see my shared folder ( shared DLNA) on my PC master. Good.
I can see the differents sub folders of my main folder Videos.
But impossible to see and then execute the videos inside. Impossible to find the path.

I installed Kodo for that and nothing else for the moment ( I' m sure later that will be different Kodi look fantastic.

Without long explanations.

On my PC master i have a folder called Videos. For example F:\ Videos
Full of ...videos

From my PC remote ( network CPL) using Kodi what is the way of doing in order playing the videos inside the folder

I repeat. Kodi ,see this folder using Upnp ( and all other folders on my PC remote) but not the video files inside.

Thanks a lot.
Why not share via smb?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-01-26, 19:39)bry Wrote: Why not share via smb?

That would rule out using his Smart TV which 99% (100%?) of them only use DLNA
Using smb does not rule out using upnp for the tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i guess Confused .. as long as his PC Master server supports both protocols

I have a WD MyCloud with Network Shares .. if i don't enable DLNA Media Server setting (on the MyCloud) then my Panasonic Smart TV sees nothing. Same for my PS4 which is DLNA only as well.
The obvious answer is: Plug your kodi machine into your Panasonic Smart TV via HDMI.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-29, 07:32)nickr Wrote: The obvious answer is: Plug your kodi machine into your Panasonic Smart TV via HDMI.

Yep, i agree .. that's how mine is setup (Kodi on RPi3 connected to Panasonic TV)

But the OP is running Kodi on a PC and is only using a Smart TV and Tablet as the 'players'
There are way better DLNA servers than Kodi!
well .. help the OP out, and name / recommend some then Undecided
That is what google is for.
Perhaps a little too late in this to help the original poster but depending on what he's using for his DLNA server, perhaps it's an address/device restriction set within the DLNA server? I know my Synology NAS has that capability if you enable it (which I have).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Kodi to view videos by network ? Upnp.0