• 8(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to sync 'in-progress' status of movies/shows? I'd like to pause a movie in one room and continue in another. I know I can do this with Kodi MySQL or Emby (very slow!), but thought it might be possible with WL.
(2016-09-13, 13:08)sireone Wrote: Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to sync 'in-progress' status of movies/shows? I'd like to pause a movie in one room and continue in another. I know I can do this with Kodi MySQL or Emby (very slow!), but thought it might be possible with WL.

See post 99. I'd requested that too, and it's been added as a feature request on github:
https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-s...is%3Aissue under feature request - resume point
(2016-07-29, 15:50)danm13 Wrote: ...
I've also messed with Emby, but it's been pretty resource intensive, and I'm not a huge fan so far.

My sentiments exactly! Was using way too much ram for me and crashing often. Thanks, I'll wait for an update.
(2016-08-28, 04:48)ed_davidson Wrote: Having a really weird error that locks the whole system up and cant do anything.

This error screen comes from the addon Buggalo Exception Collector which should send error information to me via email so I can use this for debugging. Which version of Kodi, WatchedList and Buggalo do you have installed?
You should be able to open the kodi.log somehow on the system.
service.watchedlist-1.1.2.zip
Dependencies not met (error message generated when trying to install WatchedList via Kodi add-ons
Ubuntu 14.04 (system is up to date)

How to fix? Thanks :-)
(2016-10-26, 02:39)propman8 Wrote: service.watchedlist-1.1.2.zip
Dependencies not met (error message generated when trying to install WatchedList via Kodi add-ons

Could you enable debug logging and send the detailed log message? Otherwise it is hard to determine, which of the dependencies is not met.
Installing via Kodi addons should work (at least with the latest Kodi > 16.0).
Which version of Kodi do you have installed? Perhaps the default version in Ubuntu 14.04 is too old in the default package sources.
I'm trying to convert my local db file into sql and found a few issues with what's posted on the wiki.

These are the values that I had to use to match properly

Code:
INSERT INTO `episode_watched` VALUES \((\d+),(\d+),(\d+),(\d+),(\d+),(\d+)\)
INSERT IGNORE INTO `episode_watched` VALUES \((\1),(\2),(\3),(\4),FROM_UNIXTIME\((\5)\),FROM_UNIXTIME\((\6)\)\)

INSERT INTO `movie_watched` VALUES \((\d+),(\d+),(\d+),(\d+),
INSERT IGNORE INTO `movie_watched` VALUES \((\1),(\2),FROM_UNIXTIME\((\3)\),FROM_UNIXTIME\((\4)\),

The difference being the addition of the "`" on either side of episode_watched & movie_watched and a space after the word "VALUES ".

Is that normal or has something changes in the way that sqlbrowser exports the files?

A sample of the output looks like the following:

Code:
INSERT IGNORE INTO `movie_watched` VALUES (32138,1,FROM_UNIXTIME(1485035489),FROM_UNIXTIME(1449111876),'The Wizard of Oz (1939)');
INSERT IGNORE INTO `episode_watched` VALUES (254203,0,3,1,FROM_UNIXTIME(1485035489),FROM_UNIXTIME(1410498000));

Are those correct?
(2017-01-22, 20:53)PnoT Wrote: Are those correct?
If the replacement gives you valid mysql queries, that don't produce error messages in phpmyadmin, then they are correct.
The reason for the changes you needed might be due to different versions of the SQLite database browser. I added a note in the Wiki page.
I manually move watched shows into an archive folder, which is also a source in Kodi. Kodi loses the watched flags when I move these files, and this add-on looks to be exactly what I need set the flags back to watched. Thanks!

A question though:

I've seen more than one post where people say they have 2 Kodi instances sharing a mySQL daatabase and both instances run this add-on. That doesn't make sense to me. I have a shared SQL Kodi database so I already see the same watched flags on all my Kodi machines. It seems to me I only need to install and run this add-on on one Kodi instance, which I'd do on the main server where the files reside. My server is Debian/jessie Kodi 16.1, also have a Minix U1 and old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 also both Kodi 16.1.

Am I missing something? Doesn't the add-on just need to run on one machine?
(2017-01-26, 21:50)rickm Wrote: I've seen more than one post where people say they have 2 Kodi instances sharing a mySQL daatabase and both instances run this add-on. That doesn't make sense to me. I have a shared SQL Kodi database so I already see the same watched flags on all my Kodi machines. It seems to me I only need to install and run this add-on on one Kodi instance, which I'd do on the main server where the files reside. My server is Debian/jessie Kodi 16.1, also have a Minix U1 and old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 also both Kodi 16.1.

Am I missing something? Doesn't the add-on just need to run on one machine?

Also from my point of view, one instance of the addon would be enough, since this one instance would update the shared mySQL Kodi library.
However there is one feature, the detection of videos being marked as unwatched, which requires the addon to run on every Kodi client.
If you have a central WL addon on machine A and you mark a video as unwatched in Kodi on machine B and therefore in the central mySQL database, then the WL addon on machine A would again mark the video as watched at the next WL update. The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter.
I am not 100% sure about this special case though.
From my experience, the shared mySQL database makes the access of the movie list too slow (at least in my WiFi network), so I use separate databases for each machine.
(2017-01-26, 22:15)schapplm Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 21:50)rickm Wrote: Am I missing something? Doesn't the add-on just need to run on one machine?

Also from my point of view, one instance of the addon would be enough, since this one instance would update the shared mySQL Kodi library.
However there is one feature, the detection of videos being marked as unwatched, which requires the addon to run on every Kodi client.
If you have a central WL addon on machine A and you mark a video as unwatched in Kodi on machine B and therefore in the central mySQL database, then the WL addon on machine A would again mark the video as watched at the next WL update. The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter.
I am not 100% sure about this special case though.

Oh, I didn't think of this. So with just a central WL addon on machine A I could never set something back to unwatched! I probably need to do that.

So how do I configure machine B? I'm guessing there is a way to set it up such that machine B never scans the database since machine A is doing it? Is this right for machine B?
- Update movies watched state - no
- Update episodes watched state - no
- Start with Kodi (autorun) - yes
- autostart mode - no update
- follow user setting watched/unwatched - yes

Does "autorun" and "autostart" mean the same thing or two different features?

Please explain "The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter." How does this work? There are multiple ways to toggle the watched state (menu items, the remote/keyboard "w" key). Are they all "caught" by WL as user actions?

(2017-01-26, 22:15)schapplm Wrote: From my experience, the shared mySQL database makes the access of the movie list too slow (at least in my WiFi network), so I use separate databases for each machine.

I have 315 movies and 4037 episodes and the shared mySQL database access seems fine on my network.
Hi, I can't seem to get watchedlist to update my DB

LIbreELEC 7.95.1 Pi2
Krypton 17.0 RC3
MySQL 5.7.17.0
MOD AEON MQ7 KRYPTON (it does crash during install, restart the install and goes through proper, at least it seems to)
TuneIn
Nothing else

This is a freshly loaded everything install.
Only one outta 10 some sources are loaded, in this case some tv shows. (I am trying everything out before loading the whole system)

I configure WL to use a file for the backup.
Copy the file over to its location.

I start WL, it reads and tells me that there are 635 movies and 5986 episodes read from watchedlist file (from an Isengard installation).
It creates the backup.
Tells me there are 0 movies 0 eps read from Kodi
then tells me 0 watched new 0 updated
and 0 marked as watched
with a final update complete message.

Am I doing something wrong? WL has always worked superbly (Thanks for this addon can't live without!)
Right now this is the last link missing for me to install the whole system...

CSC
I just realized that since WL only runs at most every 3 hours, if I move a file right after watching it (as I normally do) then WL has no chance to ever see the watched state in the Kodi database and won't be able to re-set it for me. The only thing I can think of is to manually run WL after watching a show and before moving the file, but this is no easier than moving the file and manually re-setting the watched status in Kodi.

Am I right about this?
It all depends what "easier" means to you. Depending on your setup, running WL before and after a file move might involve the least amount of clicks but might also use the most time (if you incorporate a way to start WL straight from the main menu). On the other hand using a "recently added" type thing (playlist - date added in the last smallest unit) using <dateadded>0</dateadded> in your advancedsettings.xml might remove some clicks to manually re-set. It all depends on your setup and your definition of easier.
My answer is based on how I setup things. This is all just theory since I have not tested my reply in anyway, my kodi boxes are non functional for the time being. Hope I was useful.

CSC
(2017-01-28, 20:11)ColonelSceneCut Wrote: It all depends what "easier" means to you.

Thanks for the reply!

By "no easier" I basically just meant "just as easy". But now that I think about it, as you said, with a main screen shortcut for WL it is a bit faster to manually run WL after watching a show. I don't have to navigate to the archive folder to find the show after moving it like I've been doing before finding WL.

But I was hoping for something fully automatic.

I can't find a good explanation of "follow user setting". Does it detect the user manually toggling the watched state and update the WL db immediately? Could I just press "w" twice after watching a show? The first press would set it unwatched, and the second would set it watched again. If this would update the WL db right away, that would be easier than leaving the slow list to get to the WL shortcut. The code looks like it might be nearly immediate.

I was surprised that the minimum interval to autorun WL is 3 hours. A manual run on my server takes about 3 seconds. If I could set WL to run every minute or two I'd be happy. It would not be a load on my server even with a much larger video collection (for which I don't have the disk space). I think all I have to do is change 3600 to 60 in the "periodic execution" stanza and the interval becomes minutes instead of hours:

PHP Code:
elif utils.getSetting("starttype") == '2'# periodic execution

if executioncount == 0# with periodic execution, one update after startup and then periodic

sleeptime 0

else:

sleeptime float(utils.getSetting("interval")) * 3600 # wait interval until next startup in [seconds]
                        # wait and then update again

utils.log(u'wait %d seconds until next update' sleeptime)

utils.showNotification(utils.getString(32101), utils.getString(32003)%(sleeptime/3600))
                else: 
# no autostart, only watch user

sleeptime 3600 # arbitrary time for infinite loop 
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3