• 243(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
So I changed skins and tried fiddling with some others, didn't find anything I like, I go back to Aeon Nox and my submenu is gone, it's not saved in settings.xml in userdata folder of the skin cause I tried putting it back. Thankfully I had a backup of the entire kodi folder and reset that and I have my submenu back. What is the file that saves the submenu for future reference please, so I don't have to restore the entire kodi folder if it happens again? thanks.

I understand you guys don't know what to say if removing Aeon Nox completely and installing it fresh doesn't give me my ratings for songs in list view. I don't see the logic in a lot of Kodi anomalies either lol. Fingers crossed it works in next update kodi/aeon nox.
Hi, I am not new to Kodi but just starting to make my own build which so far in 16.1 has gone well and a good learning experience.

My question and apologies for it being very noob, (I am learning still)
I currently running Kodi 17rc3, if I download the Aeon Nox 5 skin from github whats the difference with Krypton & master and which should I use?
2. Will the skin update as and when updates occur to the skin automatically.
3. Do i need to download further scripts before adding the skin.

thanks
Just a thank you for a great skin -I am using this one now as my fav Skin Smile ,I had not really notised it's greatness before ,so in this moment it is the skin of skins Wink -Thank you again.
Is there a weather widget in Aeon Nox on Krypton? If there is I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
(2017-01-26, 09:40)AL8782 Wrote: Is there a weather widget in Aeon Nox on Krypton? If there is I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

There is but for me I think I had to install weather icons and conditional backgrounds before it did anything. Could be wrong?
Hi,

I have noticed that the 'next recording' info on the home screen will overlap with the weather info if the recording info is long:

Thanks
I just updated to Kodi 16.1 and Aeon Nox updated to 5.8.6. All video playback is fine, but scrolling through the videos and opening menus, etc is jerky. That's not the case when I switch to the Confluence skin, so it seems to be the skin and not my system. Any ideas?
(2017-01-28, 00:14)mmatforum Wrote: I just updated to Kodi 16.1 and Aeon Nox updated to 5.8.6. All video playback is fine, but scrolling through the videos and opening menus, etc is jerky. That's not the case when I switch to the Confluence skin, so it seems to be the skin and not my system. Any ideas?

I believe this is a refresh rate problem.

I don't have this issue with Kodi 16.1, but I do with all the versions of Krypton I've tried. Turning off vsync or setting vsync to fast in nvidia control panel, fixes the jerkiness, however anything that scrolls from side to side does so really fast. Example settings>player>video "skip steps" entry. Turning vsync on and setting maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 helps but doesn't fix the issue.

I think this is a Kodi issue, other skins are a little jerky but with Aeon Nox it's more pronounced.
Really hope this gets fixed. Browsing media and playing media are the two most important things, everything else is secondary.
I can see a problem on PVR fullscreen info page.
The content is shown and scrolled in a single line box while there is a big unused space below.
Aeon Nox 5. (5.9.9) Libreelec 7.95.1 Kodi Krypton beta.

(2017-01-31, 06:46)Roktuk Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 00:14)mmatforum Wrote: I just updated to Kodi 16.1 and Aeon Nox updated to 5.8.6. All video playback is fine, but scrolling through the videos and opening menus, etc is jerky. That's not the case when I switch to the Confluence skin, so it seems to be the skin and not my system. Any ideas?

I believe this is a refresh rate problem.

I don't have this issue with Kodi 16.1, but I do with all the versions of Krypton I've tried. Turning off vsync or setting vsync to fast in nvidia control panel, fixes the jerkiness, however anything that scrolls from side to side does so really fast. Example settings>player>video "skip steps" entry. Turning vsync on and setting maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 helps but doesn't fix the issue.

I think this is a Kodi issue, other skins are a little jerky but with Aeon Nox it's more pronounced.
Really hope this gets fixed. Browsing media and playing media are the two most important things, everything else is secondary.

Thank you for this. I have an Intel graphics card and the control panel for it only allows me to turn vsync on or let the application control it. So I set it to let the application control it and set Kodi to enable it only during playback. The video scrolling was no longer jerky, but instead seemed to be in slow motion and going from the home screen to any other screen (and back again) also seemed to be in slow motion. I'd rather have it be a little jerky than slow motion so I changed it back. I can't find anything like the max pre-rendered frames setting in the Intel control panel so I wasn't able to try that. I really hope this gets fixed at some point. If there are any other ideas or workarounds let me know.
Is there anyway to have animated movie posters downloaded like it does with the skin helper addon?
(2017-02-01, 21:27)sakos Wrote: I can see a problem on PVR fullscreen info page.
The content is shown and scrolled in a single line box while there is a big unused space below.
Can you please post a screenshot, when you pressed "Up". It is maybe a problem with "Plot" and "PlotOutline" no one reported before.
Does it work in Estuary? Please post screenshots also. Then I'll have a look.
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-02-03, 21:54)Solo0815 Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 21:27)sakos Wrote: I can see a problem on PVR fullscreen info page.
Can you please post a screenshot, when you pressed "Up". It is maybe a problem with "Plot" and "PlotOutline" no one reported before.
Thx
Hi,

See a screenshot in Estuary. It is fine.
I als tested, and found that changing video plot settings in skin settings menu makes no difference.

What do you exactly mean on pressing "UP"? When the info screen is visible, or during channel watching? BTW the "UP" action is reconfigured on my system.
See my keymapping:
Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
      <left>ChannelDown</left>
      <right>ChannelUp</right>
      <up>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</up>
      <down>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</down>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
  <PVROSDChannels>
    <remote>
      <left>PageUp</left>
      <right>PageDown</right>
      <pageplus>PreviousChannelGroup</pageplus>
      <pageminus>NextChannelGroup</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </PVROSDChannels>
Would be better to specify the action instead of a button.
Version 5.9.9 after you hit + in videoinfodialog, if you look closely it is missing a section of the popup box above artwork downloader. You can see the information behind the popup box.

watch gallery
(2017-02-03, 21:54)Solo0815 Wrote:
Thx
I dug into a bit and found that the problem is caused by "Skin.HasSetting(Enable.LiveTVFullPlot)" has False value and it triggers the "<!-- Plot only one line -->" part in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file.
Though I could not find how to change this skin settings and solve the problem, the skin implementaion is inconsistent as the skin should not draw the "<!-- Big PlotInfo BG -->" if only a single line plot textbox will be shown.

There is another problem.
The presentation of PVR OSD channel window is unreliable. Sometimes it simply does not shown when it should. I found a way how to reproduce this problem 100%: go into the LiveTV Mod Settings then swap the infobar type. Save changes. The OSD channel list will not appear anymore.
Recovery: Select Estuary skin then Aeon Nox again. The OSD channel list is back...
Tested with Krypton RC4.
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537