• 77(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-02-01, 13:26)infinity85 Wrote: Yep, wrxtasy has listed the disadvantages of the Raspberry Pi 3, which are the lack of Gbit LAN, H.265, 4K, HD-Audio etc. Personally, the 3D feature is something, which is less important than all the other things... I'd just like to see the compromise that it simply tells my TV that a 3D file is played, as the Kodi GUI goes into 3D, but the TV does not notice it, and this is like ugly to see on such a great Media Center plattform... looks like unfinished and unpolished diamond Big Grin

NB - The Pi 3 (like some of the x86 platforms without HD Audio bitstreaming) DOES offer lossless HD Audio decoding and output of all but a handful of DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD discs (it can't handle 192kHz tracks with more than 4 channels - but they are vanishingly rare).

If you don't need Atmos or DTS:x (which it can't decode and output) you still get lossless decoded audio as 5.1 or 7.1 PCM for 48/96k content. You don't get bitstreaming/passthrough, but you do get lossless decode - which is functionally and qualitatively identical in many use cases.
(2017-02-01, 14:50)noggin Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 13:26)infinity85 Wrote: Yep, wrxtasy has listed the disadvantages of the Raspberry Pi 3, which are the lack of Gbit LAN, H.265, 4K, HD-Audio etc. Personally, the 3D feature is something, which is less important than all the other things... I'd just like to see the compromise that it simply tells my TV that a 3D file is played, as the Kodi GUI goes into 3D, but the TV does not notice it, and this is like ugly to see on such a great Media Center plattform... looks like unfinished and unpolished diamond Big Grin

NB - The Pi 3 (like some of the x86 platforms without HD Audio bitstreaming) DOES offer lossless HD Audio decoding and output of all but a handful of DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD discs (it can't handle 192kHz tracks with more than 4 channels - but they are vanishingly rare).

If you don't need Atmos or DTS:x (which it can't decode and output) you still get lossless decoded audio as 5.1 or 7.1 PCM for 48/96k content. You don't get bitstreaming/passthrough, but you do get lossless decode - which is functionally and qualitatively identical in many use cases.
Thanks, I was aware of that already. I'd just like to have it as it has to be, that means the receiver should decode everything and so on. Also I'm always not sure whether dialog normalization and so on is done properly if decoded prior to Receiver. I always see how my receiver gets a AC3 Signals and shows me something like "Dialog Normalization +1 or +3 etc.". This is a thing I'd not like to have handled by a development box, where the audio code might still have some glitches, which nobody notices.

Recently for example: Due to the thread "[split] nVidia Shield TV - Importance of Dolby licensing" I've noticed that Odroid C2 does passthrough the audio differently compared to Raspberry Pi: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2507798

Which leads me to the conclusion that one or the other has unfinished or erroneous code in its audio part.
Also a user mentioned a bug Odroids Audio part, which is apparently hard to find respectively not showing up, when playing files. But his test code-line shows that there is something wrong. Such issues can be buried somewhere and affect audio decoding/transcoding/dynamic range compression etc. and you'll think that the movie is mixed badly or so and in fact it was always a bug in audio that only affects one file out of a hundred or so. That's why I always prefer a clean passthrough and hope that my AVR has no bugs in his circuits Big Grin
Am I the only one with micro stutters on most videos that I watch?
Is there a log that I can provide that would actually show them?

On another note, please don't include 3D in the main branch. The reason I want to use the C2 is to be able to watch my 3D movies in 2D when I don't feel like putting glasses on.
That's why I have my NUC, for 3D viewing.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I have not noticed widespread stutters on video playback when I've been using the 32bit Krypton releases or Jarvis either for that matter.

I take it Kodi dynamic refresh switching is enabled ?

Decided to Fire up the compiler today and stoke the LE Krypton engine with Bits N Bobs and do a Media_Build Krypton Final edition of C2 32bit AMLogic LibreELEC (compatible with Raybuntu's release)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.01.tar

Release notes found HERE

@infinity85 No 3D Auto switching in this Krypton release. The previously mentioned patch resulted in compile errors....

W. Big Grin

So, i ordered myself a Oroid C2 from amazon, I was able to boot and watch some footage, but with an on/off hair-trigger HDMI connection, after a reboot I have nothing but a black screen. Did some research and a lot of people have problems with HDMI cables.
Tried 4 different HDMI cables so far, no luck. Ordered a new premium cable yesterday, no luck Sad
Tried grounding the HDMI port to the RJ45 or USB shield, no luck. Tried a different USB power supply, no luck.
All I get is a distorted boot screen, after that blackness!

What brand/type HDMI cable are you guys using? I would order the official one, but it takes 7 days + shipping time + customs to send it to me (i live in Belgium)
I cannot find a European distributor of the cable official cable…

I'm getting a little frustrated by this issue, thinking about sending everything back and ordering a Wetek box after all Confused
(2017-02-02, 11:57)ArieS Wrote: Am I the only one with micro stutters on most videos that I watch?

I played with my C2 for a bit recently - as well as another S905 box. When watching 1080i H264 Live TV from TV Headend (particularly stuff with constant linear motion like a ticker) I was seeing the odd frame drop or repeat - which some call micro-stutter I believe. Both running Krypton - raybuntu's build on the C2 with 32 bit libraries, and a different build on the S905 commercial box (a 1GB MiniMX I think)

Default output 1080p at 50Hz - and I have refresh rate switching enabled.
(2017-02-02, 13:25)kwarco Wrote: So, i ordered myself a Oroid C2 from amazon, I was able to boot and watch some footage, but with an on/off hair-trigger HDMI connection, after a reboot I have nothing but a black screen. Did some research and a lot of people have problems with HDMI cables.
Tried 4 different HDMI cables so far, no luck. Ordered a new premium cable yesterday, no luck Sad
Tried grounding the HDMI port to the RJ45 or USB shield, no luck. Tried a different USB power supply, no luck.
All I get is a distorted boot screen, after that blackness!

What brand/type HDMI cable are you guys using? I would order the official one, but it takes 7 days + shipping time + customs to send it to me (i live in Belgium)
I cannot find a European distributor of the cable official cable…

I'm getting a little frustrated by this issue, thinking about sending everything back and ordering a Wetek box after all Confused

I'm just using 'any old' HDMI cable - nothing special, and usually a random one I pick up. I am connected into an Onkyo amp and then a Sony TV. I DO find that sometimes my amp gets confused and I have to power cycle it (i.e. disconnect the mains feed - not just turn it off on the front of the amp) to get it back, along with power cycling the TV.
(2017-02-02, 13:25)kwarco Wrote: ..but with an on/off hair-trigger HDMI connection, after a reboot I have nothing but a black screen..
This is not normal behavior at all. Like Noggin - I too just use any old HDMI Cable I have lying around and have never seen this behavior on two seperate TV's now.

It actually sounds like a Hardware problem and if the C2 has been bought from Amazon - I would send it back under warranty.

I take it your TV works fine with other HDMI connected devices that use the same HDMI TV port ?

Ok, thanks guys! Sending it back under warranty then. I’ll keep you informed when I get the new one Wink
No issues using whatever HDMI cables I had lying around (probably Amazon Basics stuff)

I've just ordered another two C2s, really impressed with the performance. Just rolled back to Jarvis though as, for me, a few niggles with Krypton (although having done that, just noticed wrxtasy's AND Raybuntu's new builds!) Sad
(2017-02-02, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: Decided to Fire up the compiler today and stoke the LE Krypton engine with Bits N Bobs and do a Media_Build Krypton Final edition of C2 32bit AMLogic LibreELEC (compatible with Raybuntu's release)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar

Release notes found HERE

@infinity85 No 3D Auto switching in this Krypton release. The previously mentioned patch resulted in compile errors....

W. Big Grin
I have checked your release and sadly I still have a gap of silence after skipping a few minutes of the movie. I also still have the out of sync sound issue for the majority of checked movies.
hexdump is in place, though Wink The overclocking script works flawlessly.

BR,
pX
If you Chapter Skip yes I have noticed the Mini Audio Gap. Known issue.
Normal Skipping around seemed fine.

AVR's seem to need an approx + 300ms Audio offset. I have just had to reset my HDMI connected TV Audio offset back to 0ms with the Media Build Krypton release. (was +250ms previously). Set as default for all Movies.

On my TV set (no AVR) offset of +250-300 is still needed for local played files. I have not checked streams yet.
I will have another look later on.
pX
(2017-02-02, 11:57)ArieS Wrote: Am I the only one with micro stutters on most videos that I watch?

On another note, please don't include 3D in the main branch. The reason I want to use the C2 is to be able to watch my 3D movies in 2D when I don't feel like putting glasses on.
That's why I have my NUC, for 3D viewing.
I don't understand?... Just disable the 3D autoswitch in Kodi settings and it will never jump into 3D or prompt for it. In fact you can set it simply to 2D as default.

(2017-02-02, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: @infinity85 No 3D Auto switching in this Krypton release. The previously mentioned patch resulted in compile errors....
W. Big Grin
Darth-Vader-RemasteredVersion-NOOOOOOO....SadSad
I remember you had also a compile issue the last time, when you tried to add it into your 7.0.1 build :-D
And after you got this post here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...50#p145153
You solved it magically in the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.ISO.MySQL.tar build.
Leading to this success report Big Grin http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...50#p145239

pleeeeeease Angel
(2017-02-02, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not noticed widespread stutters on video playback when I've been using the 32bit Krypton releases or Jarvis either for that matter.

I take it Kodi dynamic refresh switching is enabled ?
Are you talking about Adjust refresh rate to display?
If yes then yeah, it's enabled.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610