• 31(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
(2017-01-07, 21:21)fritsch Wrote: Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk 384 kbit/s AC3 and most likely tvh will work now again. Remember: LiveTV does not (!) use PT anymore - this is not an android only thing, but was a design decision. If you want PT from Live TV: PCM channels 2.0 and Dolby Transcoding / AC3 enabled.

If you run a shitty (*) Sony Bravia TV you can't even use AC3 passthrough of > 384 kbit/s. To workaround that, additionally enable "Sync Playback to Display". In combination with the above settings it will decode the AC3 and reencode it to 384 kbit/s. This feature will be in the final version.

*shitty: Firmware bugs and not supporting Android standards.

Hello fritsch,

I didn't read the complete post, but searched for "livetv" in this thread. If I understand you right audio passthrough won't work again on android because of a design decision. Is this the current state?

With PCM channels 2.0 and Dolby Transcoding activated, my avr (yamaha rxa-1020) doesn't show dolby digital for all the tv channels that have a dolby digital audio track. Is there any other chance to get it to work?

Thanks and regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm curious about the decision to leave PT out of Live-TV, do anyone know why? And is there any big disadvantages with letting Kodi to decode the audio and send it to the AVR?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
No disadvantage, but better sync and better chance to compensate when running out of video data. Even faster switching times.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-03, 07:44)Vispen74 Wrote: I'm curious about the decision to leave PT out of Live-TV, do anyone know why? And is there any big disadvantages with letting Kodi to decode the audio and send it to the AVR?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i

Try Spmc for livetv and PT
(2017-02-03, 07:47)fritsch Wrote: No disadvantage, but better sync and better chance to compensate when running out of video data. Even faster switching times.

Thanks for the explanation.

(2017-02-03, 11:46)aesthetiker Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 07:44)Vispen74 Wrote: I'm curious about the decision to leave PT out of Live-TV, do anyone know why? And is there any big disadvantages with letting Kodi to decode the audio and send it to the AVR?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i

Try Spmc for livetv and PT

Yes, it works fine with spmc jarvis. But here we talk about pt changes with krypton. Wink

Is spmc (with krypton) already available?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
No idea. This is the Kodi forum, right?
I have a nvidia shield tv (2015) with hdmi-audio-splitter, sending spdif to dolby receiver.
With Kodi 16, passthru worked fine for Movies, TV and Sound files, but with Kodi 17 passthru seems to be broken.
I have it enabled, but only left and right channel work, it is not downmix.
The strange thing is that initially the passthru settings in the system-audio-menu where hidden.
Now I can see the pasthru settings I changed some and now kodi is always crashing.

It seems that you have to uninstall 17 before you can install 16.1 so all settings get lost :-(
Please, somebody can help me?HuhSad

I have a Sony android TV XD70..

Monday I was tweaking the sound. Started some demos. My TV can output Dolby and DTS so I put passtrough on in Kodi 16.1

Yesterday I got an update to v17 nut nothing is working now. When I switch passtrough off I get within every demo PCM. When I switch it back on. Total disaster! The screen goes black, sound disabled or videos play slowly. When I enable sync the sound goes back to PCM Again.
I downloaded 16.1 Again but my TV won't install it anymore. It was a big selling point but now its a bit useless. What am I doing wrong or has anyone a solution? Its makinh me nuts. . Nod
(2017-02-04, 00:19)NcKBtH Wrote: Please, somebody can help me?HuhSad

I have a Sony android TV XD70..

Monday I was tweaking the sound. Started some demos. My TV can output Dolby and DTS so I put passtrough on in Kodi 16.1

Yesterday I got an update to v17 nut nothing is working now. When I switch passtrough off I get within every demo PCM. When I switch it back on. Total disaster! The screen goes black, sound disabled or videos play slowly. When I enable sync the sound goes back to PCM Again.
I downloaded 16.1 Again but my TV won't install it anymore. It was a big selling point but now its a bit useless. What am I doing wrong or has anyone a solution? Its makinh me nuts. . Nod

Read this thread and you will find the answer over 10 times
strange that even google is not following their own API.
adt-1 v21 passthrough not working properly (even with transcoding enabled)
damn autoupdate
Using Shield TV 2015 + Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro 2 USB for toslink out.

Kodi 16: USB optical passthrough DTS and DD 5.1 just fine.
Updated to Kodi 17 yesterday: USB optical passthrough of DTS and DD 5.1 not working anymore. Only 2 channel PCM will work.

SPMC 16.5.5 works fine after selecting RAW, but I stopped using SPMC a while ago because of built-in subtitles not working from library.

I am wondering whether the Kodi team took ShieldTV + USB audio for toslink into account (however pcm 2.0 works, probably has to do with the fact that I cannot choose RAW over IEC and I think Kodi 16 was not using IEC yet?).

Hope this can be fixed, otherwise "stuck" with kodi 16.
Hello people, if audio is not working with kodi 17, you either have crappy hardware shit or you did not read all pages in internet.
But pls. do not complain here!
(2017-02-04, 10:38)j-m-s Wrote: Hello people, if audio is not working with kodi 17, you either have crappy hardware shit or you did not read all pages in internet.

I disagree, complaining here will leave visible traces, what hardware has issues and what hardware should be completely avoided.
(2017-02-04, 11:10)Etzi Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 10:38)j-m-s Wrote: Hello people, if audio is not working with kodi 17, you either have crappy hardware shit or you did not read all pages in internet.

I disagree, complaining here will leave visible traces, what hardware has issues and what hardware should be completely avoided.

[Sarcasm] Ok let's avoid Nvidia's Shield TV... [/sarcasm]

Not complaining, just hoping for a solution.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178