• 149(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
The way I understand it:

3D in itself is limited to 1920x1080p per eye. You can't get any better resolution at this time. The only player I know of that can decode 3D to render on a 4k display is PowerDVD which in essence acts just as a dedicated hardware player using software virtual mounting virtual discs. There is no difference in quality software vs. hardware. Using PDVD, you can also use files and are not limited to physical discs as you are with a dedicated hardware player. It's proprietary software is compatible with HDMI 2.0a ports and your GPU will decode to your panel to render properly. Kodi and forked version players are not compatible with MVC Frame Packed 3D sent through an HDMI 2.0a port. If you have encoded your disc to an altered 3D format like SBS or TAB, all of this is moot. Anything can play SBS or TAB. This thread is for MVC sources no matter the container it is packed in such as mkv or iso. Players logically handle various containers and their contents easier than others. Hope this helps you get started.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I have now my Arches Canyon NUC and the following problem:
(i have setup the display to 1920x1080 (3D) and the 3D switch to on)

Every time, when i'm playing an MVC video, the TV switches to the half res 1920x512, and the picture is overlapped. If i switch manually to over/under, than the 3D is OK.

Any hints?
(2017-02-04, 01:07)querty1000 Wrote: I have now my Arches Canyon NUC and the following problem:

Every time, when i'm playing an MVC video, the TV switches to the half res 1920x512, and the picture is overlapped. If i switch manually to over/under, than the 3D is OK.

Any hints?
Check that Intel settings refresh rate set at 60hz, and that hardware base is selected.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-03, 23:40)brazen1 Wrote: The way I understand it:

3D in itself is limited to 1920x1080p per eye. You can't get any better resolution at this time. The only player I know of that can decode 3D to render on a 4k display is PowerDVD which in essence acts just as a dedicated hardware player using software virtual mounting virtual discs. There is no difference in quality software vs. hardware. Using PDVD, you can also use files and are not limited to physical discs as you are with a dedicated hardware player. It's proprietary software is compatible with HDMI 2.0a ports and your GPU will decode to your panel to render properly. Kodi and forked version players are not compatible with MVC Frame Packed 3D sent through an HDMI 2.0a port. If you have encoded your disc to an altered 3D format like SBS or TAB, all of this is moot. Anything can play SBS or TAB. This thread is for MVC sources no matter the container it is packed in such as mkv or iso. Players logically handle various containers and their contents easier than others. Hope this helps you get started.

ahh yes, i got the 3840x1080 number from an article i read, but i think that must be the theoretical maximum. obviously the resolution couldn't exceed the source material. anyway, thanks for the info re: Kodi not working with HDMI 2.0a. that makes no sense to me. if i ran it on a NUC with HDMI 1.4 it would work without limitations? or maybe some of the other boxes with proprietary players (Medi8er? Zidoo?) support it? anyway, this is getting way off topic. i probably should have originally just sent a private message to that LG C6 owner since i was hoping he'd already gone through this learning process and could just tell me what would work specifically with our displays. cheers!
Coming from a Raspberry Pi3, looking for a nuc solution that will do MVC 3D, bitstream HD audio including atmos, and have as good or better menu performance than the pi, without breaking the bank. Looking at the Brix 1900 but can't find any reviews of its performance. Can anyone tell me if that might be what I'm looking for? Is there a similarly priced alternative (found just the Nuc for 120 on Newegg, I've got a spare Ssd so I'm hoping to do the whole thing for about $150).
New build available (final build ?) :

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb

Thank you very much afedchin Big Grin Wink
Thank you @afedchin!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
What is so intricately different between the MVC fork and the main release that makes it so everything just can't be combined into one? Doesn't Team Kodi want one all encompassing program?
(2017-02-04, 20:27)Charger Hellcat Wrote: What is so intricately different between the MVC fork and the main release that makes it so everything just can't be combined into one? Doesn't Team Kodi want one all encompassing program?
Page 1; Important Points about MVC Windows Builds from its Developer
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-02-04, 01:11)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 01:07)querty1000 Wrote: I have now my Arches Canyon NUC and the following problem:

Any hints?
Check that Intel settings refresh rate set at 60hz,
Yes, it is.
Quote:and that hardware base is selected.
I don't understand that, do you mean a KODI setting for decoding 3D streams (MVC)?

KODI switches to hardware 3D and the TV also, but changes the resolution to 1920x521 instead full resolution. The picture looks like the same, if you switch the TV manually on a 2D picture to over and under. the behavier is with the setting "use fullscreen windows". If i switch this off, the screen remains on 3D files blank and even the sound is muted. On 2D files all plays fine.
On the same HDMI cable a RPi works fine.
I have also another problem - i get only DTS sound, on DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD the sound is muted. I have to switch of these options off to get the at least the core DTS sound.
I'm using the drivers from Intel Driver Tool.
(2017-02-04, 21:15)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 01:11)fmedrano1977 Wrote:

Any hints?
Check that Intel settings refresh rate set at 60hz,
Yes, it is.
I don't understand that, do you mean a KODI setting for decoding 3D streams (MVC)?

KODI switches to hardware 3D and the TV also, but changes the resolution to 1920x521 instead full resolution. The picture looks like the same, if you switch the TV manually on a 2D picture to over and under. the behavier is with the setting "use fullscreen windows". If i switch this off, the screen remains on 3D files blank and even the sound is muted. On 2D files all plays fine.
I have also another problem - i get only DTS sound, on DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD the sound is muted. I have to switch of these options off to get the at least the core DTS sound.
Yes hardware base must be selectable in Kodi Settings like in the pictures posted in recommended settings.

I was having the same issue, was getting TAB picture when playing an MVC mkv. After setting refresh rate to 60hz in the Intel settings, hardware base option showed up in Kodi settings, once selected MVC played as it should.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-04, 21:22)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 21:15)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 01:11)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Check that Intel settings refresh rate set at 60hz,
Yes, it is.

Yes hardware base must be selectable in Kodi Settings like in the pictures posted in recommended settings.

I was having the same issue, was getting TAB picture when playing an MVC mkv. After setting refresh rate to 60hz in the Intel settings, hardware base option showed up in Kodi settings, once selected MVC played as it should.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
Hm, i have all that set, but it don't work, picture and sound are muted. I don't know what to do....

(2017-02-04, 20:35)p750mmx Wrote: Page 1; Important Points about MVC Windows Builds from its Developer

That doesn't explain anything. Why isn't it "acceptable"?
(2017-02-05, 01:21)Charger Hellcat Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 20:35)p750mmx Wrote: Page 1; Important Points about MVC Windows Builds from its Developer
That doesn't explain anything. Why isn't it "acceptable"?
Because it's a 'hack' to allow MVC to work w/ffmpeg, so its devs won't allow it to be incorporated. @afedchin can hopefully explain why the resistance is there for this (guessing some sort of politics involved about the 'purity' of how things are implemented).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
It's not in the main branch ffmpeg. There's also issues still, like sound getting out of sync if you skip chapters or fast forward/rewind. It's possible one day it'll be integrated Integrated in the main branch but not anytime soon.

Use it and report issues if you want, but it's still an alpha for a reason.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10