• 243(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
As someone who has invested in both 3D movies and VR I would love both formats to support each other and have enough consumers to keep them going.
(2017-02-03, 23:42)hdmkv Wrote: Maybe VR will also keep 3D alive.

Damn now i have to invest in PS4 VRConfused
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Can anyone here comment on how well the Gigabyte Brix 1900 works for 3D MVC playback? Struggling to find any in depth review of how reliable/stable it is (I know you need to use the special MVC builds, but that's about it). I'm running a rpi 3 right now, but looking for something that will do bitstreaming for HD audio/atmos as well as 3D MVC. Even just general takes on whether or not the intel nuc thing has proven reliable for people would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I just did a post on AVS forum last week about how I think VR will play a big roll in home theaters that instead of building expensive HT rooms we will start branching to a VR environment for both personal and multi viewer viewing. The only thing currently holding it back is the size/weight and the power needed to push 4k to each eye. Lucky for HT use pushing video is not as power hungry as pushing a game.
(2017-02-04, 16:18)movie78 Wrote:

Damn now i have to invest in PS4 VRConfused

Resident Evil 7 on VR is like nothing you've ever experienced!
I find watchng a movie is often a social experience, watching with like minded (or even different minded) and exchanging quick comments during the movie. Watching with a VR mask on? Yeah maybe fun, but certainly not a social activity!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Searching this thread for the word "petition" doesn't bring anything up; does that mean no one has yet posted a link to this petition on change.org asking LG to (re)introduce a 3D-enabled model in their 2018 OLED range...?

https://www.change.org/p/lg-please-reviv...d-tv-model

All fans of 3D should sign. Smile
(2017-02-06, 09:39)nickr Wrote: I find watchng a movie is often a social experience, watching with like minded (or even different minded) and exchanging quick comments during the movie. Watching with a VR mask on? Yeah maybe fun, but certainly not a social activity!

Yep.
Cant see it catching on if i am honest. The VR headset doesnt work for everyone, me included.
Not for me either... can't see how VR would resonate with those who already complain about putting on plain ol' 3D glasses, and cite it as a reason to dis 3D.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2017-02-06, 15:17)hdmkv Wrote: Not for me either... can't see how VR would resonate with those who already complain about putting on plain ol' 3D glasses, and cite it as a reason to dis 3D.

Great point.

The same people now love VR, makes no senseUndecided
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2017-02-06, 09:39)nickr Wrote: I find watchng a movie is often a social experience, watching with like minded (or even different minded) and exchanging quick comments during the movie. Watching with a VR mask on? Yeah maybe fun, but certainly not a social activity!

I would have agreed with you until recently. Granted it wasn't a movie but my Finacee and I played RE7 together taking it in turns and it's been one of my greatest gaming experiences of late. You could watch what the other person was experiencing via the TV and you could imagine how they felt. It's hard to describe and I can't say the same for movies as I haven't tried any but either way I can't see why a VR headset each is so out of the question in the future and why that wouldn't work.
(2017-02-06, 15:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 15:17)hdmkv Wrote: Not for me either... can't see how VR would resonate with those who already complain about putting on plain ol' 3D glasses, and cite it as a reason to dis 3D.

Great point.

3D doesn't give them the wow factor to be worth wearing glasses whereas VR does. I don't like wearing the VR headset but I will because of what I gain.
(2017-02-06, 17:52)T800 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 15:30)movie78 Wrote:

Great point.

3D doesn't give them the wow factor to be worth wearing glasses whereas VR does. I don't like wearing the VR headset but I will because of what I gain.

Did you watch Ghost-Busters in 3D?
(2017-02-06, 17:59)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 17:52)T800 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 15:30)movie78 Wrote: Great point.

No I haven't. I'm not saying there's no good 3D material. There's some amazing 3D out there.
3D is good, I like it, I have a 3D projector and most blockbuster 3D Blu-ray's. 3D can definitely add to the experience whereas VR IS the experience.
The difference in immersion between 3D and VR is massive.
(2017-02-06, 18:41)T800 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 17:59)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 17:52)T800 Wrote: 3D doesn't give them the wow factor to be worth wearing glasses whereas VR does. I don't like wearing the VR headset but I will because of what I gain.

No, I haven't. I'm not saying there's no good 3D material. There's some amazing 3D out there.
3D is good, I like it, I have a 3D projector and most blockbuster 3D Blu-Rays. 3D can definitely add to the experience whereas VR IS the experience.
The difference in immersion between 3D and VR is massive.

All the VR headset I have try so far have a mediocre resolution of 480p, haven't a chance to try PS VR yet, is it better than Oculus or HTC Vive?
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17