How to have one image automatically assigned as the multi-disc album thumb?
Hi all,

I am having difficulties working out what the best procedure is for having one folder.jpg being picked up as the "master" thumb automatically for multi-discs.

Example - I have a 27 cd Album where each cd covers a particular era. I want to use the cover art from this Album but keep the cd covers too. I want the cover art for the album to display when navigating my music but when I nail down into the album itself... then the corresponding cd covers should show. My structure is as follows:

Artist > Album >
folder.jpg
album.nfo
CD1 (subfolder)
CD2
etc

In each subfolder the structure is:
track 01
track 02
folder.jpg
etc

The problem I am having is Kodi is ignoring the album.nfo file at root of the structure as well as the folder.jpg and just randomly selecting folder.jpg from any one of the 27 folders corresponding the cds. I know I can manually set this up by selecting a folder image but is there a better automatic way? I need to setup my music on several devices and with a large collection it is easy to forget to do this manual process. Also I am currently having to place album.nfo files in every cd folder as the album.nfo and folder.jpg at root are ignored. Any assistance I can get would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks!!
as far as i can tell it uses the last folder.jpg it finds

I have a few like this

artist
Album
Disc01
folder.jpg
Disc02
folder.jpg
Disc03
folder.jpg
Disc04
folder.jpg

it seems to use the one in the folder Disc04
(2017-02-08, 00:46)tkgafs Wrote: as far as i can tell it uses the last folder.jpg it finds

I have a few like this

artist
Album
Disc01
folder.jpg
Disc02
folder.jpg
Disc03
folder.jpg
Disc04
folder.jpg

it seems to use the one in the folder Disc04

Hi tkgafs,

That is exactly it. I said random but actually you're right it's the last disk in sequence. Still doesn't really fix things though I tried created a dummy folder but I'll need to actually put in some music files. Annoyingly I also find that when all files are contained in folders they only show the folder.jpg in corresponding folders when the file is actually playing. They don't show the corresponding folder images as you scroll down your list looking for tunes to play. What you see as you scroll down is the album folder image from the last folder. If I move all files into one long list (out of folders) then I get the tagged image changing as I would like but don't then get the changing cd art. Is this a common issue for Kodi or am I doing something stupid here?
(2017-02-08, 01:16)sirprancelot Wrote: Is this a common issue for Kodi or am I doing something stupid here?

I am aware that there are issues involving the handling of album art for disc sets, so I suspect that is the problem, nothing you are doing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to have one image automatically assigned as the multi-disc album thumb?0