• 51(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Some observations with Kodi Krypton on Android:

- App Refresh Switching is simply not reliable enough at the moment on any Android OS using Marshmallow or Nougat.
numerous nVIDIA Shield owners are having all sorts of fun and games. If its not colorspace problems, its HD Audio passthrough issues when Refresh Switching.
I've seen problems with HDCP protection status and subsequently Netflix playback as well on this test MM AMLogic Hub after manually switching Refresh Rates inside the SPMC App too.

I strongly suspect its why AMLogic have disabled App Refresh Switching for 4K DRM HDCP capable Netflix Streaming Marshmallow platforms. Like the Mi Box and Hub. This is not a coincidence.

- App Resolution Switching is not properly implemented, if at all on any Android OS hardware platforms.
App Resolution Switching is actually disabled when playing 2160p content at a Kodi Krypton GUI of 1080p on AMLogic Android.

- TvHeadend OTA TV streaming & deinterlacing using Kodi Krypton 17.0 final is actually buggy with Android Kodi at the moment. nVIDIA Shield owners are also having problems, details seen over HERE. This is not exclusively an AMLogic or Hub problem. Recorded Interlaced HD content does not seem to suffer as many Android Kodi deinterlacing problems.

My point is, if you are a serious Kodi power user and want virtually all the features, including those 3 given above to work - you simply do not use any version of Android Kodi on any Hardware platform full stop. Android OS is an inherently unstable platform with regular OS changes that always breaks something with every OS update.

Then you have the fact - there is no regular Android Kodi codebase maintainer. Its one of the primary reasons why everything for Android Kodi video now goes through the standard Mediacodec API.

So in summary, its a very good thing that WeTek Hub - Kodi "power users" can Dual Boot easily into a comparatively stable Linux like OS and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton at speed with Kodi features that "just work" relatively reliably. Leaving the Android OS for Android Apps use only. Smile

(2017-02-08, 22:03)goujam Wrote: @lama0900 which issue is it you want sorted for almost 6 months ? I'm pretty happy with my play 2 frame rate switching works and so does HD audio. I am however using the unofficial android TV ROM but it's based on weos 1.3

Issue: proper refresh rate switching to 23,976Hz for example with mediacodec and therefore the only possiblity to run Kodi 17 when wanting smooth playback without annoying stutters.

Let me guess: you are using WePlayer or Kodi 16.1 or SPMC?
(2017-02-09, 09:38)lama0900 Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 22:03)goujam Wrote: @lama0900 which issue is it you want sorted for almost 6 months ? I'm pretty happy with my play 2 frame rate switching works and so does HD audio. I am however using the unofficial android TV ROM but it's based on weos 1.3

Issue: proper refresh rate switching to 23,976Hz for example with mediacodec and therefore the only possiblity to run Kodi 17 when wanting smooth playback without annoying stutters.

Let me guess: you are using WePlayer or Kodi 16.1 or SPMC?

I Use Kodi 17 and get refresh rate switching but i'm not using MM i'm still using a modified ATV ROM on V1.3 WEOS.

Using My receiver I see a switch of refresh rate. The only Issue I have with KODI 17 is interlacing of HD material. That's when I use SPMC or live tv though LIVE channels
Next week we will release official Android 6.0 Marshmallow for WeTek Hub that will fully support Kodi v17+ for HD Audio passthrough and correct refresh rate switch.

As well 4K playback support for all major streaming apps that use DRM.

Stay tuned Smile
(2017-03-17, 12:49)droidelec Wrote: Next week we will release official Android 6.0 Marshmallow for WeTek Hub that will fully support Kodi v17+ for HD Audio passthrough and correct refresh rate switch.

Stay tuned Smile

and for Play 2...? :-)
(2017-03-17, 12:49)droidelec Wrote: Next week we will release official Android 6.0 Marshmallow for WeTek Hub that will fully support Kodi v17+ for HD Audio passthrough and correct refresh rate switch.

Stay tuned Smile
Nice! Thanks a lot droidelec Smile
(2017-03-17, 12:52)medulin Wrote:

Stay tuned Smile

and for Play 2...? :-)

Of course, it is scheduled to be released for Play 2 as well, just all need be well tested because of DVB part prior releasing it, but yes Play 2 will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
Smile 
This are excellent news for my Hub. Kodi 17 with AVR working perfectly and Netflix 4k!!! Big Grin

Stay tuned Smile

New launcher or classic one?
Or something third?
New launcher, but of course lighter version for WeTek Hub without recommendations. As well you can install WeTek Classic launcher.
@droidelec, any infos for us about wetek play 2s ? One year ago there was info that will be released at the beginning of the new year . It is march and still no new informations?
Regards
(2017-03-17, 20:51)droidelec Wrote: New launcher, but of course lighter version for WeTek Hub without recommendations. As well you can install WeTek Classic launcher.
Having been given a sneak peek at pre-release Marshmallow 6.0.1 Hub Firmware I can say its much better than the previous MM test Firmware I've been playing with.
The new Launcher is actually usable this time as numerous resource hogging Android background Notifications are disabled and the whole Hub is much snappier.

The Android TV OS version of Netflix works nicely out of the box as well. You simply download it from the inbuilt Aptoide Store. No more stuffing about sideloading.
Kodi Dynamic Refresh switching now works with MM Firmware too. Smile

Amcodec hardware acceleration still works when using Kodi Jarvis for us OTA TV viewers that have deinterlacing issues with Kodi Krypton and PVR clients.
I'm testing with SPMC v16.5.5

Will there be any new Wetek products announced at CABSAT 2017? I noticed a promo code for the Wetek Play 2, valid for 3 days and gives a discount of 10%.
Will this new update enable surround sound within the Netflix app? The previous one only have 2.0 out on Netflix, not 5.1

(And yes, I have an HDMI receiver with 5.1 channels).
(2017-03-18, 06:28)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
Amcodec hardware acceleration still works when using Kodi Jarvis for us OTA TV viewers that have deinterlacing issues with Kodi Krypton and PVR clients.
I'm testing with SPMC v16.5.5

Why not newest SPMC 16.6.0?
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3