Kodi 17 - Album missing under Artist view
So I rescanned my entire library in Kodi 17 today, and I was looking for a certain album under the artist view and majority of my albums are missing and this wasn't a problem in prior versions of Kodi.

The example I am going to show, I was trying to locate the album 'Feel The Steel' under the artist 'Steel Panther' and I am only showing four albums from Steel Panther, which I should have more like 23 albums

I rescanned the Steel Panther folder from the files view, just to see if it would pick up the missing albums and the extra albums still don't show up, only the four albums are listed.

So I decide to go under Album view to search for the album 'Feel The Steel' and I find the album showing the band Steel Panther next to it:

This was not an issue on Kodi 16, and no idea what artist this album is located even though it shows it should be under Steel Panther but as you can see in the first image, it is not. If anyone has a reason this is happening and if there is a fix it would be appreciated. I will note I am using LibreElec version 7.95.2 beta. Thank you.
Interesting issue. Could you let me have a copy of your MyMusic60.db file, upload to a cloud somewhere send me a PM with a link.

I have some ideas, but seeing the data would really help.
Data received.

Something seems to have gone badly wrong with the scraping of additional artist data either from online sources or NFO files. Do you have NFO files? Is either of "Prefer online infomation" or "Fetch online info on library update" enabled?

There are ~1000 albums with things out of whack, but it is really hard to deduce why, other than they have all been scraped and seem to have wrong name and Musicbrainz ID combinations. For example the other Steel Panther albums are under Lightning Swords of Death (the on screen display will still say Steel panther).

Could you possibly disable those settings (and were they set?), drop the music source, clean the db (from settings), and add the source again scanning everything into the library but not scraping. How does that come out? maybe send me that db.

I would really like to know how you got to this state. I'll do some more checking tomorrow.
(2017-02-09, 21:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Data received.

Something seems to have gone badly wrong with the scraping of additional artist data either from online sources or NFO files. Do you have NFO files? Is either of "Prefer online infomation" or "Fetch online info on library update" enabled?

There are ~1000 albums with things out of whack, but it is really hard to deduce why, other than they have all been scraped and seem to have wrong name and Musicbrainz ID combinations. For example the other Steel Panther albums are under Lightning Swords of Death (the on screen display will still say Steel panther).

Could you possibly disable those settings (and were they set?), drop the music source, clean the db (from settings), and add the source again scanning everything into the library but not scraping. How does that come out? maybe send me that db.

I would really like to know how you got to this state. I'll do some more checking tomorrow.

I do have .nfo files (did a kodi music export a while ago and they were created that way) and looking at the Steel Panther it did something really goofy when it created it, here is the beginning of the artist.nfo:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<artist>
<name>Lightning Swords of Death</name>
<musicBrainzArtistID></musicBrainzArtistID>
<born></born>
<formed></formed>
<biography></biography>
<died></died>
<disbanded></disbanded>
<path></path>
<fanart />

Let me delete all my .nfo files, just in case that is a problem and I will scan in my library again. I will let you know the results if that is the problem. Thanks for looking into this @DaveBlake
That kind of artist.NFO in the wrong folder would cause what I have seen, so lets be hopeful.

Remember to ensure "Prefer online infomation" and "Fetch online info on library update" are disabled just so you we see what your tagging produces. You may also want to have a look at how you have tagged "Apocalyptic Love" by Slash.

You also have about 40 albums, mostly compilations, where "/" (no spaces) has been used as the artist name separator on some songs e.g. "Mike Patton/The Dillinger Escape Plan". If you retagged these Kodi could separate the artists correctly. They are

"8 Mile", "Various Artists"
"101 Christmas Songs (Disc 1)", "Various artists"
"The Doo Wop Box: 101 Vocal Group Gems From the Golden Age of Rock 'n' Roll", "Various Artists"
"Daredevil", "Various artists"
"ECW Anarchy Rocks Extreme Music, Vol. 2", "Various artists"
"ECW Extreme Music", "Various Artists"
"ESPN presents Stadium Anthems: Music for the Fans", "Various Artists"
"Friends & Family 2", "Various artists"
"Hip Hop Greats: Classic Raps", "Various Artists"
"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back", "Various Artists"
"Jock Jams, Vol. 3", "Various artists"
"Metal Rarities of Power Disc 1", "Various artists"
"Millennium Hip Hop Party", "Various Artists"
"Ozzfest '97 (Disc 1)", "Various artists"
"Remember the Titans", "Various Artists"
"Sound City - Real to Reel", "Various artists"
"Swingers [Original Soundtrack]", "Various artists"
"The Cable Guy", "Various Artists"
"The Crow- Salvation soundtrack", "Various artists"
"The Crow: City of Angels [Original Soundtrack]", "Various artists"
"The Scorpion King [Soundtrack]", "Various artists"
"The Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits, Vol. 5", "Various artists"
"The Wedding Singer", "Various Artists"
"Coverdale/Page", "Coverdale/Page"
"White Snake", "David Coverdale"
"Devil's Path/In the Shades of Life", "Dimmu Borgir/Old Man's Child"
"Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood", "DMX"
"The Darker Side of Nonsense", "Dry Kill Logic"
"Plastic Planet", "G//Z/R"
"Sturm & Drang Tour 2002", "KMFDM / PIG"
"Bad 25th Anniversary (CD1)", "Michael Jackson"
"Bad 25th Anniversary (CD2)", "Michael Jackson"
"HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 1 (1 of 2)", "Michael Jackson"
"HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 1 (2 of 2)", "Michael Jackson"
"20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Public Enemy", "Public Enemy"
"Apocalypse 91… The Enemy Strikes Black", "Public Enemy"
"Mutter", "Rammstein"
"Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics", "South Park"
"Irony Is a Dead Scene", "The Dillinger Escape Plan / Mike Patton"
"Fused", "Tony Iommi/Glenn Hughes"
(2017-02-10, 10:22)DaveBlake Wrote: That kind of artist.NFO in the wrong folder would cause what I have seen, so lets be hopeful.

Remember to ensure "Prefer online infomation" and "Fetch online info on library update" are disabled just so you we see what your tagging produces. You may also want to have a look at how you have tagged "Apocalyptic Love" by Slash.

You also have about 40 albums, mostly compilations, where "/" (no spaces) has been used as the artist name separator on some songs e.g. "Mike Patton/The Dillinger Escape Plan". If you retagged these Kodi could separate the artists correctly. They are...

Removing the nfo files was the fix. I sent you a PM explaining the details. Will also go through the albums you listed with your suggestions of correcting. Thank you again for the help.
Glad that is solved. I sometimes think it is my mission to improve Kodi music libraries one user at a time Smile

I do wonder how export put so many artist.nfo in the wrong place, but I doubt we will ever know. Remember what version you were using, or tell from the dates on the now deleted NFO files?
(2017-02-10, 17:33)DaveBlake Wrote: Glad that is solved. I sometimes think it is my mission to improve Kodi music libraries one user at a time Smile

I do wonder how export put so many artist.nfo in the wrong place, but I doubt we will ever know. Remember what version you were using, or tell from the dates on the now deleted NFO files?

I am pretty sure it was version 15 something that i did the export. I didn't move to 16 since it broke things that worked in 15.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - Album missing under Artist view0