• 98(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2017-02-10, 21:22)janbar Wrote: @raptorjr Ah, okay. Now I anderstand the case. So the workaround should fix it for this context. And so your PI is not overloaded.

EDIT: @raptorjr , I re read the story of the issue, and really that's strange. The dialog should be forked only when kodi set the watched status. If your manually set "watched" status then the dialog should show immediately. Not when your start playing the recording or what other.

It seems that your workaround does work. I marked a recording watched manually, no question at the beginning of the recording, but when the recording ended I got the question as intended. Before Kodi froze, not anymore. Seems good to me now.
(2017-02-08, 02:48)Chessie Wrote: Janbar,
I started having an issue with commercial skips on my main Libreelec system, which is an Intel build, after upgrading to the Krypton beta's. The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet. I have several Raspberry devices on other TV's in the house running Krypton beta that don't have the problem. The system having the problem has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card. I though that may be the problem, but after removing that and switching to the onboard Intel GPU, the problem still exists. As a last resort, I backed up everything and did a clean install. It still hangs up at commercials. I turned on debug in both the pvr.mythtv addon and Kodi after the clean install. If you have a chance, can you please look at the log and see if you can figure out whats causing the error? The first commercial skip in the program begins at 18:39:37 in the log. Play back is fine until that time. The video remains a black screen until around 18:42:59 when I get some flashes of video on the screen and by 18:43:08 I have video and audio back in sync. I have no problems with recorded videos other than the commercial skip on that one system (which has been working fine for over a year). The log is located here - http://sprunge.us/ShCL .

Thanks

Having the same problem since upgrading from rc to final, did you solve this?
Sorry for making so much trouble. But I have another Kodi lockup situation. Sometimes it happens the first time, sometimes I need to do it a few times.
I almost finished a recording and then skipped beyond the end, Kodi lockup. Needed to reboot through SSH.
But easy to replicate with just starting a recording and skip beyond the end. Maybe need to try a few times, but pretty consistent.

Don't know if it the addon or Kodi. But every time I post a problem elsewhere they say it is a addon problem. So this time I start here =)

Here is the log: http://sprunge.us/BFRC
(2017-02-11, 05:00)disaacso Wrote:
I started having an issue with commercial skips on my main Libreelec system, which is an Intel build, after upgrading to the Krypton beta's. The problem is that when it begins to skip I just go to a blank screen for up to 3 minutes before the video resumes. I can skip or forward through it OK. MythTV is 0.28 and all connections are via 1000 mbs ethernet. I have several Raspberry devices on other TV's in the house running Krypton beta that don't have the problem. The system having the problem has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card. I though that may be the problem, but after removing that and switching to the onboard Intel GPU, the problem still exists. As a last resort, I backed up everything and did a clean install. It still hangs up at commercials. I turned on debug in both the pvr.mythtv addon and Kodi after the clean install. If you have a chance, can you please look at the log and see if you can figure out whats causing the error? The first commercial skip in the program begins at 18:39:37 in the log. Play back is fine until that time. The video remains a black screen until around 18:42:59 when I get some flashes of video on the screen and by 18:43:08 I have video and audio back in sync. I have no problems with recorded videos other than the commercial skip on that one system (which has been working fine for over a year). The log is located here - http://sprunge.us/ShCL .

Thanks

Same issue on Ubuntu 16.04.2 with the 4.8 kernel. Upgraded from Kodi 16.1. Using AMD video.

Had installed one of the Krypton RC earlier and did not have this problem.
(2017-02-11, 15:25)raptorjr Wrote: Sorry for making so much trouble. But I have another Kodi lockup situation. Sometimes it happens the first time, sometimes I need to do it a few times.
I almost finished a recording and then skipped beyond the end, Kodi lockup. Needed to reboot through SSH.
But easy to replicate with just starting a recording and skip beyond the end. Maybe need to try a few times, but pretty consistent.

Don't know if it the addon or Kodi. But every time I post a problem elsewhere they say it is a addon problem. So this time I start here =)

That isn't addon problem. It is a GUI dead lock from kodi. In your previous issue I was able to work around avoiding call gui dialog when stream is playing, but I can do no more. Also I haven't the issue here and I suspect a problem with PI implementation or something related to enabled kodi features, but not related with the addon.
@thezencowsaysmu, It seems to be a Krypton regression. Probably related to the player itself.
(2017-02-11, 16:07)janbar Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 15:25)raptorjr Wrote: Sorry for making so much trouble. But I have another Kodi lockup situation. Sometimes it happens the first time, sometimes I need to do it a few times.

That isn't addon problem. It is a GUI dead lock from kodi. In your previous issue I was able to work around avoiding call gui dialog when stream is playing, but I can do no more. Also I haven't the issue here and I suspect a problem with PI implementation or something related to enabled kodi features, but not related with the addon.

Don't know how I always start in the wrong section with my problems =)
(2017-02-11, 05:00)disaacso Wrote:

Thanks

I'm going to add my debug log in hopes of getting some help. I had to break t up into smaller chunks, part 7 contains the commercial skip @ ~08:42:51 and proper play resumed @~08:45:39. This is on an intel nuc running 16.04lts with mythtv 0.28.1 and kodi 17

Thank you for any help. I really appreciate all the work you do aound here
Dan

Edit: Now I see the comments about it being a player issue, not the addon.
FYI, for those who are having the commercial skip problem with Krypton Final like me: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306711

Edit: I think this is the PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11646
I just upgraded from. Jarvis to Krypton.

It no longer seems to skip flagged commercial.breaks.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some new setting in v17 I need to set?

Much obliged,
Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
Accidental double post due to poor signal

Please delete.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2017-02-12, 01:04)tknorris Wrote: FYI, for those who are having the commercial skip problem with Krypton Final like me: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306711

Edit: I think this is the PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11646

Thanks for this link. I posted my question before reading. Shouldn't have done that :p
Is anyone else having audio sync issues in live TV after moving to Krypton?

This appears to be particularly bad with LiveTV playback.

Things start off as synced pretty well, but over time live TV playback audio and video become further and further apart.

Stopping live playback and starting it again fixes the issue temporarily until it restarts.

The receiver has auto-lip sync, but after a while it gets so bad that the auto-lipsync feature can no longer compensate for it.

I suspect this might have something to do with being forced to disable "Player -> Sync Playback to Display" in Krypton in order for audio passthrough to work. I never had to do this in Jarvis, and never had this issue in Jarvis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
I don't think audio passthrough is enabled in LiveTV. Think I remember reading somewhere that allowing that in a LiveTV stream was problematic and very hard to avoid audio sync problems. As I understood it, it shouldn't be available for LiveTV.

Read here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284580
(2017-02-12, 22:13)raptorjr Wrote: I don't think audio passthrough is enabled in LiveTV. Think I remember reading somewhere that allowing that in a LiveTV stream was problematic and very hard to avoid audio sync problems. As I understood it, it shouldn't be available for LiveTV.

Read here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284580

It is working right now (but with significant sync problems) so it is not disabled, and was working flawlessly in Jarvis without any sync problems at all.

The receiver correctly identifies and uses the encoding kodi indicates on liveTV streams.

The sync issue is new to Krypton.

If it is impossible to properly sync live TV audio with passthrough, how come Jarvis did it perfectly?

I may have to try to figure out how to downgrade back to Jarvis, as the current state is completely unacceptable.

Example:

• 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1