Solved EPG Timeline <lingertime>0 not working as expected
It would appear as if advancedsetting <pvr> <lingertime>0</lingertime></pvr> is not working correctly.
The problem seems to be that even after setting lingertime to 0, kodi still displays a minimum of 30 minutes (45mins in example below) of previous time instead of moving the timeline in real time so to speak.

see the comparison of kodi and NextPVR below for the best example.

my advancedsettings are as follows:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<epg>
<lingertime>0</lingertime>
</epg>
<pvr>
<lingertime>0</lingertime>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

as you can see, kodi removes the lingertime on the EPG as the last guide entry is empty.
but the timeline (even though is set to linger 0) still shows the previous 45 minutes of "empty" timeline.
I'm trying to achieve the behavior where the absolute current program is always at the beginning of the timeline as it only makes sense to do so, just as it does in WMC and NPVR and pretty much any other guide i can think of ever having used. From memory this worked fine in previous kodi releases, but krypton doesn't seem to want to play ball with this one.

Kodi EPG

as here is how you would expect the timeline to behave with the above advancedsettings
NextPVR EPG

This also seems to affect the navigation of the timeline. When the guide window is first activated, the top of the list and the current program are focused as you would expect but then moving down the list, the focus seems to shift from the current playing item to the next item then back to the current item as you scroll further down the list. There doesn't appear to be a pattern for this, it just happens randomly when scrolling.

Thanks.
Double post
Any devs able to chime in on this?
Double post
hints:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...odel.h#L49

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10319
Merged.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@loggio in short. it is an intended behaviour, you get at least 30min past in the grid, even if lingertime is set to 0
(2017-02-07, 17:43)stefansaraev Wrote: @loggio in short. it is an intended behaviour, you get at least 30min past in the grid, even if lingertime is set to 0

Thanks stefansaraev

@ksooo
10319 (PR)
Any chance you could look at this again, as I thought the Now/Next views are removed in krypton?

This behaviour is just very odd. It creates a lot of dead space and my eyes are tracking from left to right all over the grid trying to figure out what's current playing. Also because of this change when scrolling vertically through the grid, the previous 30 mins is the first item highlighted, and not the currently playing item
Bump on this.
This is really making my guide experience pretty ordinary
Nobody else is complaining, thus low prio, sorry. I'm afraid you will have to get used to it. As an alternative you could stick with Jarvis.
(2017-02-11, 15:47)ksooo Wrote: Nobody else is complaining, thus low prio, sorry. I'm afraid you will have to get used to it. As an alternative you could stick with Jarvis.

I'll raise a ticket. So there's a big hole in the grid, and the scrolling jumps all over the place (buggy) and the response is "get use to it"...
Anyone trying to use "lingertime" settings will be affected and there wouldn't be many people using those settings I'd imagine, as most users wouldn't even know about them. But if I can set the advancedsettings.xml to lingertime 0... I'd expect the results to reflect that, otherwise what's the point?
It seems like this is a band-aid to fix a problem relating to another view.

Anyways I appreciate your response, but sticking with Jarvis ain't the answer.
Thanks.
(2017-02-11, 23:16)loggio Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 15:47)ksooo Wrote: Nobody else is complaining, thus low prio, sorry. I'm afraid you will have to get used to it. As an alternative you could stick with Jarvis.

I'll raise a ticket. So there's a big hole in the grid, and the scrolling jumps all over the place (buggy) and the response is "get use to it"...
Anyone trying to use "lingertime" settings will be affected and there wouldn't be many people using those settings I'd imagine, as most users wouldn't even know about them. But if I can set the advancedsettings.xml to lingertime 0... I'd expect the results to reflect that, otherwise what's the point?
It seems like this is a band-aid to fix a problem relating to another view.

Anyways I appreciate your response, but sticking with Jarvis ain't the answer.
Thanks.

Yep, write a ticket. Then we will at least not forget your problem. As I said, low prio...
Issue now solved, thanks ksooo!

Anyone that may stumble across this, issues with epg will be addressed come kodi 17.1 release.

Trac ticket
11705 (PR)
11706 (PR)

Thanks again.
lingertime in minutes wont work anymore for me with advanced settings, only days in gui setting. @ksooo can we have back ability to set in minutes and not only days ? I find 2h a good setting for me Smile
Mine is set to 30 minutes with no issues. Is this in reference to changes for 18, or are you experiencing the issue on 17?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Timeline <lingertime>0 not working as expected0