v17 No visualisation no install option
Hi all,
just installed a fresh Kodi 17 Krypton. Everything works fine except music playback visualisation.
There is none installed and there is no "Get more..." button anymore.
Went through all menus and can't find any spot to install a Visualistion.
Searched here but did not find a thread addressing this.
Any idea?
Best regards,
Sun
What operating system are you on? If Ubuntu, they have to be installed at the OS level.

From command line, try:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-cache search kodi-visualization # see what's available
sudo apt-get install <pakage> # install the one you want
I want my shadertoy back! Big Grin

(2017-02-11, 13:59)Sundance Wrote: Hi all,
just installed a fresh Kodi 17 Krypton. Everything works fine except music playback visualisation.
There is none installed and there is no "Get more..." button anymore.
Went through all menus and can't find any spot to install a Visualistion.
Searched here but did not find a thread addressing this.
Any idea?
Best regards,
Sun
I just had to reinstall, seems to work fine now...

https://github.com/popcornmix/repository...ornmix.zip

Download the zip file and install from setting/addons.
And then install from the new popcornmix repo the screensaver and visualization.

Select shadertoy screensaver in appearance/screensaver settings
Select shadertoy visualisation in music/playback settings

You can change the screensaver preset in screensaver settings.
You can change the visualisation preset when music is playing. Switch to fullscreen mode, bring up controls (enter) and select preset (rightmost "mountain" control in confluence).

Only tested on Pi, but they might work on other ARM platforms.
Try: Addons/Install from Repository/All Repositories/Look and Feel/Visualizations
I had the same issue. I just went to Add-ons/My add-ons/Look and Feel/Visualisation and there were a number of choices to enable, including Shadertoy.
(2017-02-12, 21:05)Globane Wrote: I had the same issue. I just went to Add-ons/My add-ons/Look and Feel/Visualisation and there were a number of choices to enable, including Shadertoy.

I don't have a visualization option under look and feel. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling that didn't work.
yeh no opion on shield tv to add visualisations either, just checked the other app and same
i also had to go in and enable all the visualizations after updating from Kodi 15. it does not seem that there is a way to install new ones that don't already come with kodi.
(2017-02-16, 05:26)gitman Wrote: i also had to go in and enable all the visualizations after updating from Kodi 15. it does not seem that there is a way to install new ones that don't already come with kodi.
This is working for me. Anyone else?
(2017-02-12, 00:57)jasn Wrote: Try: Addons/Install from Repository/All Repositories/Look and Feel/Visualizations
(2017-02-13, 01:19)m.f.d Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 21:05)Globane Wrote: I had the same issue. I just went to Add-ons/My add-ons/Look and Feel/Visualisation and there were a number of choices to enable, including Shadertoy.

I don't have a visualization option under look and feel. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling that didn't work.

I don't have the Visualization option either.
(2017-02-16, 05:26)gitman Wrote: i also had to go in and enable all the visualizations after updating from Kodi 15. it does not seem that there is a way to install new ones that don't already come with kodi.
What does "go in and enable" mean? Do I have to patch a file? I am using Kodi with Windows.
(2017-02-19, 14:07)Sundance Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 01:19)m.f.d Wrote:

I don't have the Visualization option either.

Make sure you are checking in the right place, as Globane has already told it's in:

Add-ons/My add-ons/Look and Feel/Visualisation

Note that for Windows it's My add-ons and NOT Install from Repository
to enable the pre-installed visualizations: Add-ons/My add-ons/Look and Feel/Visualizations

to install new visualizations: Addons/Install from Repository/All Repositories/Look and Feel/Visualizations

i do not have the option to install new visualizations. can someone who does have the option please narrow down which repository you are pulling from?
The usual process, at least on Windows, is to choose PVR, visualization, and screensaver addons (plus a few other things) during the initial Kodi installation. Not sure why it is that way, but it has been for the last several versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No visualisation no install option1