• 247(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2017-02-13, 15:15)afedchin Wrote: try another iso file.
I tried several different files - the same crashes Kodi - and they all worked before:
http://pastebin.com/mNXp2LuD
http://pastebin.com/c79y2FXp
Quote:smb://NAS/Video/sample1.is:'
I'm no expert... why is the video extension showing up as .is':. Maybe a stupid question, but I assume it is .iso?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
As you could see it is ".iso" in above log lines
So it is some Kodi internal things
@z-dima I have the same nuc has you did you completely delete kodi and reinstall from scratch and did your nuc took any updates. I have my nuc set not take any update both from windows and especially the graphics driver.
@hdmkv

Can you perform this test for me, i did Audio Test for these 3 media players (egreat A5, Intel Kaby Lake with @afedchin build and the Zidoo X8 ) and found out that the ZidOO output better sound than the other two players.

The sound is more pronounce and the base is deep, please found out and let me know.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Funny you mention this... I watched 'Hacksaw Ridge' w/ATMOS on Shield this past weekend, then stopped halfway, but had to resume on Zidoo X9S instead because I got no sound on Shield (there's a known bug, which sometimes can be defeated by adding a 3-4 second pause during refresh rate change, but didn't work on resume). Felt bass was punchier with Zidoo. This can't be though, as audio quality 'should be' equal as the boxes are just passing-through 1's & 0's to the AVR to decode.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
This is strange, in anyone knowledgeable to explain this, are those HW limiting the Audio passthrough?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I too watched it using an external player for the 1st hour or so and decided to switch over to the Kodi internal player. Given the nature of the audio in this movie (explosions and such) 1st thing I noticed was the bass shakers about to knock me out my seat and the 15" sub pressure to my chest. Then I realized the volume was higher when dialog kicked in and turned it down quite a few clicks. This is true for other titles usually TrueHD, Atmos, DTX. Never really noticed with DTS. I assume some players output higher volumes to the AVR than others and same is probably true for hardware. I agree with hdmkv. Passthrough is passthrough.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-02-13, 19:31)movie78 Wrote: This is strange, in anyone knowledgeable to explain this, are those HW limiting the Audio passthrough?

Bitstream is Bistream. People used to say the same thing about Med8ers that they had louder/punchier bass. I think a lot of it is placebo or you have different settings setup in your AVR based on HDMI input. I also thought the same thing at first with the med8er but I pulled out my meter and ran both the DTS_HD and TRUEHD test tracks through a Mede8er and then through my PCH they mapped out almost identical. I think what happens most often for me is I am watching something on one input and I change settings that only hit that hdmi input things like dialog normalize and I forget that I turned it on so when I switch inputs to something that is set in Direct MODE it sounds louder then the other source.
I wrote this during Kodi 16 passthrough in test experimental thread, but didnt dig enough to found what was the cause.
Im sure most of people would not notice hearing A from B but this one was easy to spot on.

Quote:couto27 Wrote:
Version 29-dec.2015 (this version is definitely to Keep for the next months especially due the recent events)

Anthem MRX310 + Nvidia Shield Passthrough 5.1

Some tests...

DTS-HD - OK
DTS 5.1 - OK
TrueHD - OK
Dolby digital 5.1-OK
LPCM- OK

Something is not right here..
While i watching/testing some Movies in Passthrough i notice that the volume/sound is much louder than the usual.
My listening habits for movies in the OPPO103D + Anthem with HD Audio is -20, but while testing the 29.dec version i had to drop the volume in receiver to -28.

At the moment i don't have the Rew + Microphone to test in more scientific manner, but i put the same music FLAC Playing in 2 ch in Oppo103D and also the same music in Kodi/Shield and use the Iphone + with Audio control SPL meter APP at level -20

Update: The results has i suspect gave me Max SPL of 82.3db for Oppo 103 and 92.1db for the Nvidia Shield this doesnt make sense to hear a 10db louder in the Shield because they both are in Passthrough.

ps: Music Volume adjustment are OFF and volume are set to 100 in Oppo and Shield.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2017-02-13, 15:25)z-dima Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 15:15)afedchin Wrote: try another iso file.
I tried several different files - the same crashes Kodi - and they all worked before:
http://pastebin.com/mNXp2LuD
http://pastebin.com/c79y2FXp

I really don't know what's wrong with your setup.
bdreams
afedchin
hdmkv
Thank you all for answers.
I have last updated Windows 10 x64
and all usual Kodi play iso files without crashes but without 3D.
Will try to play with video drivers versions may be.
Thanks.
@afedchin Will 2D MKV files play on your 3D MVC build? or is it necessary to have two separate builds on the HTCP, one for 2D and one for 3D? If two builds are necessary how is the best way to setup two separate builds? Thanks.
3D MVC build is based on mainline Kodi so all Kodi's features are included in mvc build. I don't see a reason to have two separate installations.

PS. I have 3D mvc build installed on my HTPC.
I was so looking for the Kabby Lake NUCs to finally get a one in all solution (so far I use the new Shield for 4k and a NUC for 3D). From what I have read here it sounds like they can't do 4k and 3D just 4k or 3D due to a Intel Driver issue.

Where do you switch between 4k and 3D? Is it just switching the Resolution or is there more to switch? Do you have to switch resolution in Windows or just within Kodi?

NoTechi
  • 247(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17