Win Problem with resolution. Set at 1080 outputs 3840
Question 
I run a htpc with windows 10 and kodi for some time now, everything worked like a charm. Until yesterday when I bought a 4K tv. I would get no picture. I always had my htpc connected to my av receiver, this always worked but now gave no image at all. I then plugged the htpc directly into the tv. It would seem when playing a video the screen would go black on and off. What I discovered was that it was sending a 4k output. I did set windows and kodi to 1080P/24. If i just start my pc it will work fine in 1080P, but as soon as kodi starts it switches to uhd resolution and the trouble starts. Can anyone help me. If I need to supply files or more data just tell me where to find it and I will do so. Thanks!

Edit1: The blinking is gone. That was the fault of the hdmi cable. But still pc and kodi is set at 1080P but when I check the info on the tv it says 3840/24P. I can see the switch as soon as I launch kodi, when just desktop is running tv info shows the proper 1080P/24. How do I make sure that doesn't happen?

Edit2: It seems when playing content above 24fps the tv again registers 1080p.
Adjust your GPU to 3840 and adjust Kodi settings to 3840. Adjust Kodi to 'Match refresh rate' in settings.
Once all is well, add your AVR and adjust it if needed.
If your AVR is not 4k compatible, and you have (2) HDMI outputs from your GPU:
Plug (1) GPU HDMI to your display and the other to your AVR.
Adjust Windows audio properties and Kodi audio properties using Wasapi.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Problem is that my av receiver isn't hdmi2.0 or higher. I would like to route kodi through the receiver then to the tv. The tv wont send back hd audio. I am using onboard intel hd4600 graphics.
Kodi's Adjust Refreshrate automatically switches up to 3840. If the information your system provides, e.g. the 3840 mode is wrong, you need to alter your edid, so that we don't see the 3840 mode. There is no reason to output 3840 content at 1080p if the native resolution is available.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm not playing 3840 content. It's just 720/1080 material. Should it still switch to 3840 in that case?
Yes, so it will upscale. Why view 720/1080 when you can view 3840? Upscaled 720/1080 looks very good.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Because I want to use my av receiver. Samsung tvs dont support alot of the audio codecs. So I miss alot, thats why I want it to work as following htpc -> avr -> tv. This way I get 1080p which is fine but also with hd audio. Is that possible at all?
(2017-02-14, 11:27)Azurisk Wrote: I'm not playing 3840 content. It's just 720/1080 material. Should it still switch to 3840 in that case?

No it should not upswitch to 3840. The metrics implemented optimized the abs(videowidth - displayWidth) - so the best match should still be the 1920 / 1080.

I remember there was an issue with intel drivers on some windows that falsely switch to 4k just4fun. Is this an intel system?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes I use the onboard graphics chip. Intel HD4600. Think this would be solved by using a cheap videocard?
No - one does not just buy hardware without having posted a Debug Log before that shows the issue. Try upgrading the GPU drivers.
Latest drivers are installed. I will check out the link and get the log posted.
(2017-02-13, 15:54)Azurisk Wrote: I run a htpc with windows 10 and kodi for some time now, everything worked like a charm. Until yesterday when I bought a 4K tv. I would get no picture. I always had my htpc connected to my av receiver, this always worked but now gave no image at all. I then plugged the htpc directly into the tv. It would seem when playing a video the screen would go black on and off. What I discovered was that it was sending a 4k output. I did set windows and kodi to 1080P/24. If i just start my pc it will work fine in 1080P, but as soon as kodi starts it switches to uhd resolution and the trouble starts. Can anyone help me. If I need to supply files or more data just tell me where to find it and I will do so. Thanks!

Edit1: The blinking is gone. That was the fault of the hdmi cable. But still pc and kodi is set at 1080P but when I check the info on the tv it says 3840/24P. I can see the switch as soon as I launch kodi, when just desktop is running tv info shows the proper 1080P/24. How do I make sure that doesn't happen?

Edit2: It seems when playing content above 24fps the tv again registers 1080p.

The exact same problem happens on my system with Krypton. I've given up trying to fix it and now just use Jarvis, as I never had problems with that version of Kodi.

There have been other people on here with the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with resolution. Set at 1080 outputs 38400