• 244(current)
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)
(2017-02-12, 20:23)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 20:05)ToFi Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 13:30)cw-kid Wrote: Mine seems to be working OK and populating the durations for movies over 59 mins. I am also on Windows 10 and have the same version of Kodi as you.

Have you got all the necessary add-ons installed ?

Skin Settings -> Necessary Addons

Hi,

hmm, strange.
Something has a bug. (Is not possible to activate)

But if I check the settings, everything looks fine.

I have no idea... Sad

You have two missing addons and some of the other ones seems outdated

There is a reason why Guilouz provide links in the OP
The necessary addons page only grab addons that are in the official repo so you can not use this way to install addons that are not in the official repo (the 2 with black cross on red background) and for the other addons it could lead you to have outdated addons because the one you need is on github (links from OP) but not yet in official repo

what always work for me:

-grab all zip files from OP
-install marcelveldt's beta repo from zip
-install guilouz's repo from zip
-install skin from guilou's repo
-install all other addons from zip

I really think Guilouz should remove the possibility to install addons from the "necessary addons" setting page... (or people should read OP before downloading...)

I will do a reinstall and will follow your way as you described above. One question : let's say I use a certain build, do I install this build after all the installations you described or before ? Or is this not important ? Tnx.
(2017-02-14, 15:08)Panja0 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 10:49)Panja0 Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 22:40)Guilouz Wrote: For those have problem with slowness, try to delete Library Data Provider addon.

My MOD use many addons and need good hardware to run perfectly. I have no problem on my iMAC with official Kodi and my Intel NUC with LibreELEC.

Thanks for the heads up.
Going to give it a try when I'm home.

Same problem remains.
Library Data Provider is an additionnal add-on and not installed by default.
So I can't remove it, because it's not installed. Angel

The skin itself isn't slow.
It's just loading stuff. Like when going in to your movies. It takes 10 - 20 seconds before it loads 5 movies (test movie share).
I just halts for 10 - 20 seconds and than comes up.

some infos are very slow. if i change to a other skin everything loads fast and quick

here i need sometimes 30-50seconds until the imdb ratings are showing up, in other skins they are direct there when i hit the movie

how do that the other skins?
Tip:
For the skin to work better and faster, on the TV show and Music tab keep the main default widget and only change each sub-widget, if you customize the main default widget you will have issues, the sub-widgets sometimes won't show at all. ( I read above that another workaround to this problem was to delete Library Data Provider addon).

Issues found:

On the TV Show sections the thumbnails will work perfectly only if you don't touch the defaults.
1) I change the 1st sub-widget to show TV-shows by titles, and it tries to show the poster and it distorts the image, it should show the fan-art instead to display correctly.
2) I change the other sub-widgets to show: *Newly added Episode, *In progress-Episode*, "Next Episode", Unwatched Episodes. The only one that shows the episode thumbnail is the "Next Episode" sub-widget, all of the other sub-widgets show the fanart instead. I even went to the the "information ---> Art" and it was already selected to show the episode thumbnail but displays the fanart instead.
(2017-02-14, 15:53)TrailFoX Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 15:08)Panja0 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 10:49)Panja0 Wrote: Thanks for the heads up.
Going to give it a try when I'm home.

Same problem remains.

It's just loading stuff. Like when going in to your movies. It takes 10 - 20 seconds before it loads 5 movies (test movie share).

some infos are very slow. if i change to a other skin everything loads fast and quick

here i need sometimes 30-50seconds until the imdb ratings are showing up, in other skins they are direct there when i hit the movie

Others skins use ListItem.Rating, ratings are taken from database (but only ratings from your scrapper are available). In my mod, you can choose IMDB or TMBD ratings and so I use Skin Helper Service to do that. It retrieve info online and implements them in other database simplecache.db. That's why it take 1/2 sec to show info when you select your item for the first time.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-02-14, 21:28)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 15:53)TrailFoX Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 15:08)Panja0 Wrote: Same problem remains.

Others skins use ListItem.Rating, ratings are taken from database (but only ratings from your scrapper are available). In my mod, you can choose IMDB or TMBD ratings and so I use Skin Helper Service to do that. It retrieve info online and implements them in other database simplecache.db. That's why it take 1/2 sec to show info when you select your item for the first time.

okay thanks now i understand why, is there no way to give the user the chance to choose it self? which service he want?
when i scroll fast in the db it needs a very long time to get the info online and i have a fast pc and a gbit connection at home
I have a tiny question, why the next episode "CleanArt" doesn't show up? (Yes is enabled and i think i already have the image). Is this a skin thing? or i need double check my images?

Hi, I read that some users here write that this skin is slower than default and op wrote it needs enough hardware power for smooth usage.

Is there a way to just get the codec media flag from this skin and add it to the default estuary skin? For me it's the only thing missing Sad
(2017-02-15, 13:59)trohn_javolta Wrote: Hi, I read that some users here write that this skin is slower than default and op wrote it needs enough hardware power for smooth usage.

Is there a way to just get the codec media flag from this skin and add it to the default estuary skin? For me it's the only thing missing Sad

no not the skin/mod it self is slow, only the ratings! dont understand it wrong. the mod is very nice
Hi

For those of you having problems with the ExtendedInfo button on title info pages and it saying; "Could not find valid content type".

Do what it says on this thread here it just fixed it for me !
Hi

Can you restore the skin settings backup from one PC to another ?

Is the backup file created called settings.xml in this folder ?

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.estuary.mod

Thanks
(2017-02-13, 20:10)cw-kid Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 21:56)ToFi Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 20:23)Gracus Wrote: You have two missing addons and some of the other ones seems outdated

There is a reason why Guilouz provide links in the OP
The necessary addons page only grab addons that are in the official repo so you can not use this way to install addons that are not in the official repo (the 2 with black cross on red background) and for the other addons it could lead you to have outdated addons because the one you need is on github (links from OP) but not yet in official repo

what always work for me:

-grab all zip files from OP
-install marcelveldt's beta repo from zip
-install guilouz's repo from zip
-install skin from guilou's repo
-install all other addons from zip

I really think Guilouz should remove the possibility to install addons from the "necessary addons" setting page... (or people should read OP before downloading...)

OK, all done, as you had wrote
hmm, now is it more strange as before.
Sometimes by some movies it show the time correctly, but if I switch to another movie and again back, it is again empty...
I am shure, for 1-2 months it was OK.
And I discovered, that the rating boxes are missing.
OMG

PS: Plugin status same as cw-kid

In my brief experience of using this skin, here is what I see, then you first highlight a movie in a movie library view or if you press info to go in to its info page it can take maybe ten seconds or more for the data to be populated like for the actor images to appear and for the duration field to be populated and also for the ratings to appear etc.

However once this data has been populated for a movie title, if I then browse around some of the movies they all then seem to show the data right away and it does not disappear again.

I am going to be crazy. Nothing really helps. If I use another skin, movie length and rating works fine. But here no way.
Yes, sometime after few seconds, the time box is populatet, but if I left current movie and switch to another one (sometime more than one) and go back, the time box is again empty.
(2017-02-14, 14:04)Finchy Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 22:40)Guilouz Wrote: For those have problem with slowness, try to delete Library Data Provider addon.

My MOD use many addons and need good hardware to run perfectly. I have no problem on my iMAC with official Kodi and my Intel NUC with LibreELEC.

Great, thanks! I was finding it sluggish on my Shield TV and wasn't sure why, but disabling that addon has made it much more responsive straight away! Smile

Which functionality will I miss if I disable Library Data Provider?

Thanks!
I love the idea of this skin, but the looks of the skin suck compared to the original Estuary skin. Wouldn't it be possible to update the mod to work with the latest version of Estuary?
(2017-02-15, 23:24)rudrood Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 14:04)Finchy Wrote:

Great, thanks! I was finding it sluggish on my Shield TV and wasn't sure why, but disabling that addon has made it much more responsive straight away! Smile

Which functionality will I miss if I disable Library Data Provider?

Thanks!

You will have fewer widgets available in settings.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-02-15, 23:27)miicker Wrote: I love the idea of this skin, but the looks of the skin suck compared to the original Estuary skin. Wouldn't it be possible to update the mod to work with the latest version of Estuary?

Here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306757
 Estuary MOD V2 
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)36