• 18(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Hello TIDAL2 Users,

I updated my Addon to v2.0.0-beta11 with following changes:
  • Fixes in Album Playlist handling:
    - Add first available track into Album Playlist and not with album_id + 1
    - Sorting Playlist by Artist, Year, Title when Album Playlist is copied into a new Playlist
  • Prevent update of the Favorites cache file if Favorites are unchanged
  • Fixed problem with Recommended Tracks/Videos and Track/Artist Radio
  • Changes for Krypton:
    - Set ListItem.UserRating with TIDAL Rating
    - Set "mediatype" in ListItems for artists/albums/songs/musicvideos
The Addon updates automatically if you use my Repository.
You can download it here directly: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta11.zip

Additionally I built a new Addon called script.change.sysvolume which can be used to change the system volume on Linux and macOS with keyboard shortcuts.
I use this addon to control the volume directly on my Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC to play MQA Audio without to change the audio volume in Kodi.
See here for more informations: https://github.com/arnesongit/script.change.sysvolume

arneson
(2017-02-17, 23:07)arneson Wrote: Hello TIDAL2 Users,

I updated my Addon to v2.0.0-beta11 with following changes:
  • Fixes in Album Playlist handling:
    - Add first available track into Album Playlist and not with album_id + 1
    - Sorting Playlist by Artist, Year, Title when Album Playlist is copied into a new Playlist
  • Prevent update of the Favorites cache file if Favorites are unchanged
  • Fixed problem with Recommended Tracks/Videos and Track/Artist Radio
  • Changes for Krypton:
    - Set ListItem.UserRating with TIDAL Rating
    - Set "mediatype" in ListItems for artists/albums/songs/musicvideos
The Addon updates automatically if you use my Repository.
You can download it here directly: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta11.zip

Additionally I built a new Addon called script.change.sysvolume which can be used to change the system volume on Linux and macOS with keyboard shortcuts.
I use this addon to control the volume directly on my Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC to play MQA Audio without to change the audio volume in Kodi.
See here for more informations: https://github.com/arnesongit/script.change.sysvolume

arneson

Hi arneson,

I appreciate your effort for the tidal2 plugin.
I am trying to get this working in kodi on freebsd.
Unfortunately it is not nearly as stable on freebsd as it seems to be on linux.
I can login to tidal and see the overview page.
But as soon as I want to open a track or an album, I receive
Code:
Bus error (core dumped)
in the terminal I started kodi from.

Then in the kodi log file I have errors like
Code:
11:06:40 T:34984317696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'cryptography.exceptions.InternalError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=621174887L, lib=37, func=102, reason=103, reason_text='error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=621215847L, lib=37, func=112, reason=103, reason_text='error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=638279812L, lib=38, func=182, reason=132, reason_text='error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso not found'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=637968500L, lib=38, func=106, reason=116, reason_text='error:2606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:no such engine')])
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/elgrande/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/addon.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                from requests import HTTPError
                                              File "/home/elgrande/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 52, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
                                              File "/home/elgrande/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 49, in <module>
                                                from cryptography.hazmat.backends.openssl import backend as openssl_backend
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from cryptography.hazmat.backends.openssl.backend import backend
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 1766, in <module>
                                                backend = Backend()
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 140, in __init__
                                                self.activate_osrandom_engine()
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 162, in activate_osrandom_engine
                                                self.openssl_assert(e != self._ffi.NULL)
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 143, in openssl_assert
                                                return binding._openssl_assert(self._lib, ok)
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 62, in _openssl_assert
                                                errors_with_text
                                            InternalError: Unknown OpenSSL error. This error is commonly encountered when another library is not cleaning up the OpenSSL error stack. If you are using cryptography with another library that uses OpenSSL try disabling it before reporting a bug. Otherwise please file an issue at https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues with information on how to reproduce this. ([_OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=621174887L, lib=37, func=102, reason=103, reason_text='error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=621215847L, lib=37, func=112, reason=103, reason_text='error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=638279812L, lib=38, func=182, reason=132, reason_text='error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso not found'), _OpenSSLErrorWithText(code=637968500L, lib=38, func=106, reason=116, reason_text='error:2606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:no such engine')])
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

no idea if it is related.

REst of kodi seems to run fine on freebsd.

But anyhow I am desperately trying to listen to my tidal music on freebsd (without having to install flash for the webplayer which is a pita on fbsd).

Maybe you have an idea how I can contribute debugging?

Best regards
(2017-02-19, 12:09)elstreamo Wrote: Hi arneson,

I appreciate your effort for the tidal2 plugin.
I am trying to get this working in kodi on freebsd.
Unfortunately it is not nearly as stable on freebsd as it seems to be on linux.
I can login to tidal and see the overview page.
But as soon as I want to open a track or an album, I receive
Code:
Bus error (core dumped)
in the terminal I started kodi from.

Then in the kodi log file I have errors like
Code:
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 140, in __init__
        self.activate_osrandom_engine()

no idea if it is related.

REst of kodi seems to run fine on freebsd.

But anyhow I am desperately trying to listen to my tidal music on freebsd (without having to install flash for the webplayer which is a pita on fbsd).

Maybe you have an idea how I can contribute debugging?

Best regards

Hello elstreamo,

it seems that is a problem with the Addon script.module.requests and your installed openssl version on FreeBSD.

I found this page which described a similar problem unter Linux.

To test this I installed FreeBSD 11.0 in VMware and installed Kodi 16.1 on it.
Then I had the same problem as you.

You can solve the openssl problem with this commands:
Code:
$ sudo pkg install openssl py27-requests
$ cd
$ cd .kodi/addons
$ rm -R script.module.requests

Please close Kodi before you delete the requests module !

I hope that can solve your problem.
arneson
(2017-02-20, 20:44)arneson Wrote: Hello elstreamo,

it seems that is a problem with the Addon script.module.requests and your installed openssl version on FreeBSD.

I found this page which described a similar problem unter Linux.

To test this I installed FreeBSD 11.0 in VMware and installed Kodi 16.1 on it.
Then I had the same problem as you.

You can solve the openssl problem with this commands:
Code:
$ sudo pkg install openssl py27-requests
$ cd
$ cd .kodi/addons
$ rm -R script.module.requests

Please close Kodi before you delete the requests module !

I hope that can solve your problem.
arneson

Oh my god you are a hero!
Now it works like a charm.
Thank you so much for your support!
Hello,

I made a few changes to my TIDAL2 Addon. Actual Version is now v2.0.0-beta12 (download here).

The changes are:
- Backward Compatibility down to XBMC Gotham 13.2
- Use item infos "userrating" and "mediatype" only on Krypton version
- Moved lib folder into resources for new Krypton Addon file structure

And the Context Menu addon as now version v0.1.6 (download here).

The changes are:
- New context menu function "Search for Artist News ..." for Favorite Artists.
- Moved lib folder into resources for new Krypton Addon file structure

The most important new function is the Context Menu entry "Search for Artist News" for the Folder "Favorite Artists" and for single Artist Items.
This function searches for new Albums, Tracks and Videos for all your Favorite Artists and inserts all new items into Playlists.

P.S.: You can define default playlists for new Albums, Tracks and Videos over the Context Menu in the List of your User Playlists.

I implemented this function because I have over 200 Favorite Artists and I don't want to click into each Artist page and look for new Albums, Track and Videos.
This new function makes it automatically, but it takes a few minutes. But I can listen to a TIDAL song while the addon is seaching for new stuff Wink

If you have a lot of Favorite Artists you will love this function !!

Have fun...
arneson
Hi Arneson

Looking forward to trying out the new context features but unfortunately it's not working for me and an error is produced when I try to navigate to:

My Music >> Favourite Artists >> [Any favourite Artist) >> Context Menu >> Tidal2 >> Search for Artist News...

The Kodi (v16.1) log reads:

Code:
22:25:36 T:7408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
    Error Contents: local variable 'album_playlist' referenced before assignment
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\context.item.tidal2\addon.py", line 715, in <module>
        plugin.run()
      File "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 109, in run
        self._dispatch(path)
      File "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 120, in _dispatch
        view_func(**kwargs)
      File "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\context.item.tidal2\addon.py", line 574, in search_artist_news
        'album_playlist': album_playlist.title,
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'album_playlist' referenced before assignment
    -->End of Python script error report<--

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Steve
(2017-02-28, 00:36)Steve100 Wrote: Hi Arneson

Looking forward to trying out the new context features but unfortunately it's not working for me and an error is produced when I try to navigate to:

My Music >> Favourite Artists >> [Any favourite Artist) >> Context Menu >> Tidal2 >> Search for Artist News...

Hello Steve,

there is a problem if no default playlist is set. Please go to "My Playlists" and use the context menu functions "Set as Default Track Playlist",
"Set as Default Video Playlist" and "Set as Defaut Album Playlist" to define 3 of your Playlists as Default destinations for new items.

You can use these "Default-Playlists" also for a Hotkey-Function to add/remove selected items to/from Playlists with one klick if you define it in the keyboard.xml.

I use the Green-Button on my Remote for this Hotkey (and the Yellow-Key to toggle Favorite-Status).
My keyboard.xml contains this lines in the global section:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f2>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/user_playlist_toggle)</f2>    <!-- Green -->
      <f3>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/favorite_toggle)</f3>        <!-- Yellow -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

If all three Default Playlists are defined, the Context Menu Function "Search for Artist News.." should work.

I will fix this bug in the next release.

Edited: Is now fixed in Version 0.1.7

arneson
Hi Arneson,
Your plugin works great. I just wonder if it's possible to implement gapless playback? For example when playing album "Morricone 60" (film music by Ennio Morricone) on Tidal desktop app, tracks 2 and 3 play seamlessly together. On Kodi with your plugin there is a pause between tracks. I know that gapless playback works in Kodi when playing flac files.

Thanks for your work,
Favo
Will be there support for offline mode added ?- it would be a great milestone
(2017-03-01, 10:56)szewczykus Wrote: Will be there support for offline mode added ?- it would be a great milestone

No I definitely not implement any functions to download TIDAL contents !!

arneson
(2017-02-28, 10:53)arneson Wrote: If all three Default Playlists are defined, the Context Menu Function "Search for Artist News.." should work.

I will fix this bug in the next release.

Edited: Is now fixed in Version 0.1.7

arneson

Hi Arneson

Thanks. I can confirm that your latest version 0.1.7 has fixed the issue and the new feature is working well.

Steve
I love this plugin! Great work!

Is there a way to disable the fanart overlay on the visualization during playback (I'm using Milkdrop2)? I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me.

Is this done by the TIDAL2 plugin or by Kodi itself? I can't find a setting for it anywhere.
(2017-03-03, 00:20)mcdanjw Wrote: I love this plugin! Great work!

Is there a way to disable the fanart overlay on the visualization during playback (I'm using Milkdrop2)? I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me.

Is this done by the TIDAL2 plugin or by Kodi itself? I can't find a setting for it anywhere.

Hello mcdanjw,

this seems to be a Skin-dependent setting.

I'm using the "old style" Confluence Skin and it has the Skin-Setting "Hide fanart in fullscreen visualization".
But I didn't find this setting in the new Estuary Skin.

arneson
Thanks for the fast reply arneson. Yeah, I'm using the new Krypton with the default Estuary skin. I guess I'll make a note in the suggestions for Estuary and go back to Confluence for the time being.

I really appreciate your version of the Tidal plugin. It really makes using Tidal with Kodi great.
(2017-01-20, 19:36)Timme Wrote: Arneson
Again many thanks for this add on being able to stream FLAC on my Rsspberry Pi is a real nugget, so Masters is a bonus.
I have a couple question if you don't mind. On your Kodi system do all Masters turn on your Explorer2 blue light?
When useing Tidals PC app on my Windows 10 system all Masters light the blue light if not all 3 lights. When useing Kodi and your Tidal 2 most Masters on either system don't activate the blue light but a few do i.e. 2L The Nordic Sound lights all 3 Lemonade Beyoncé lights just blue.
My Kodi settings
Meridian USB Dac
Best Match
Enable passthrough
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks for all that your doing
Timme

hi Timme, is the explorer2 working with the raspberry pi?
my set up for tidal2 is rasp.pi3+hifiberry digi+cambridge magic100.
but i am curious to give it a try with a mqa capable dac at a reasonable cost
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8