• 55(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
I'm going to give Windows 10 a try on my NUC and see if it fairs better with my 2016 Samsung KU6300 series.
(2017-02-15, 10:41)dexter98 Wrote: Has anyone experience with the asrock J3455b board?

That board seems not to have the buggy dp-to-hdmi converter. And it's even cheaper.

I don't care about 4k, but I do care about hd audio pass-through (incl atmos) and 3d.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

I just installed the J3455M which is similar, but is micro-atx and takes full size memory. My receiver does not support atmos but I will try some test clips when I get home from work.
I was able to play test files from the Kodi wiki of Dolby digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD as well as hevc 10bit on both windows 10 kodi 17 and Fritsch's version of libreelec.
(2017-02-16, 00:44)gwilly7 Wrote: I was able to play test files from the Kodi wiki of Dolby digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD as well as hevc 10bit on both windows 10 kodi 17 and Fritsch's version of libreelec.
Wow wow wow! Thank you so much for testing!!!

That's good news! That definitely rules out drivers and gpu all being bottleneck then!

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-02-16, 00:44)gwilly7 Wrote: I was able to play test files from the Kodi wiki of Dolby digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD as well as hevc 10bit on both windows 10 kodi 17 and Fritsch's version of libreelec.
Hi,

Sorry for stupid question but did your receiver recognize the Dolby True HD with pass through? If so that's great news.

Cheers
(2017-02-16, 00:58)gjc-ortho Wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for stupid question but did your receiver recognize the Dolby True HD with pass through? If so that's great news.

Cheers

Yes I am using passthrough, I have a yamaha rx-v673 and it displays the different test files as Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital+
and DTS-HD HI RES
J3455M has no HDMI2.0. So why should it not work?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
Is there a statement when the problem will get solved?! I can't understand how they tested the device and never found this bug?!
(2017-02-16, 07:51)flyingernst Wrote: Is there a statement when the problem will get solved?! I can't understand how they tested the device and never found this bug?!

I said that to ASRock support as they asked for samples that replicated the issue, I mentioned that all users on this forum trying to use HDMI 2.0 are having the same issues.

I will post here and on my blog when I get a response.
(2017-02-15, 11:11)laric Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 18:28)joutlaw Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 15:19)laric Wrote: I have tested on my CAYS with both millhouse builds (leia) and piotrasd (krypton) builds. Both are working fine.
Piotrasd works fine with 4k on all refresh rates up to 60 that I can test. It also works fine for hevc.

Millhouse builds gives 4k up to 30hz. And no working hevc decoding as it uses sw decode it seems.

Are you going straight from HDMI to your TV? What TV do you have?

I am using HDMI to TV directly yes. I have a Samsung 2015 7 series. Can't remember the exact number now. But the one without SUHD and HDR.

I'm still having problems even with Windows 10. I also bought a new "HDMI 2.0" 18Gbps cable. At one point, I got video on my Samsung TV in Windows 10, but made a setting change in the Intel Graphics Utility and could not get it to come up at all.

At this point, I have no idea what the problem is. I am leaning towards HDCP issues with the TV. I've tried every HDMI port on the TV with no luck.
Disappointed Intel not fixed mvc on these dp to hdmi nucs. Even in powerdvd it don't work. Wow is it slow on Intel celeron nuc too!
If we would always wait for sth to be done for us... we would still wait until next year. You are young, get involved, fix some things.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Problem doesnt come from Intel but from the dp hdmi converter. Hope firmware update will fix this.

Just tested latest libreelec on my asrock J3455 board (connected via dvi to hdmi cable, so circumventing the converter chip... Why didn't I think about that beforeConfused) and this worked without issues. Smooth video playback. And hd audio incl atmos/dts-X pass-through worked without any issues. All right out of the box (incl libreelec!).

Mvc not working yet, for that I will have to install windows and special kodi. To be continued.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I am still having issues with my Samsung TV, but I am leaning more towards the NUC now. I hooked up an HDMI cable from my laptop and it set a secondary screen at 2160p no problem on the TV. My laptop is Windows 7 and recognized the "monitor" as Samsung versus "Generic PNP monitor".

I then started libreelec in live mode while hooked up to my 1080p monitor running at 1080p. I unplugged the HDMI and then moved the NUC over to the TV's HDMI without restarting libreelec. It started at 1080p, but it was the highest option I had. It appears it retained whatever resolutions were determined by monitor were then active when plugged into the TV.

I played around in the Visual BIOS of the NUC and noticed there were HDMI-CEC options. I disabled those and made sure Anynet+ was disabled on the Samsung TV. This still didn't work. I'm kind of at loss now and think it may be the NUC.
I came to a similar conclusion joutlaw but I think it's a compatibility issue between Apollo Lake>Samsung 6000 series TV's.

I think if you were to connect your NUC to a friends LG/Sony/higher model number Samsung it would work. I also expect a different 2160p Kodi device such as an Android box you would get 2160p as a display option.

To fix I think we need a new firmware for either the Apollo Lake device or the TV. This may happen in the future but I fear we might be stumped for the short term.

My TV is a UE50KU6000 which looks very similar to yours? Maybe a geographical model variation?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9