• 28(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
(2017-01-24, 15:35)Slurrrp Wrote:
(2017-01-24, 12:42)lstar337 Wrote: If I want to upgrade to Krypton, is there a stable version of Refocus on Git?

It's stable but not completely 'finished'. For instance unwatched indicators and some views not working correctly.
Thanks Slurrrp. As long as it is stable I can run it safely. I'm not too worried about a few unfinished features.
(2017-01-24, 12:42)lstar337 Wrote: If I want to upgrade to Krypton, is there a stable version of Refocus on Git?

It's stable but not completely 'finished'. For instance unwatched indicators and some views not working correctly.

Unwatched indicators should definitely work but make sure you have the latest script.skin.helper.service add-on

Can you elaborate on the views?
Also, just in case people only check this thread, please take note of this announcement.
(2017-02-01, 17:08)Jeroen Wrote: It shows up for me, but not tested with youtube. Could be add-on related depending on what art type is expected in the skin and what type the add-on supplies. I'll check if I can reproduce with YouTube.

From the YouTube-addon thread advising skin developers of the following changes:
(2016-04-02, 19:54)jmh2002 Wrote: * WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?
* WHY DO I ONLY HAVE 'LIST', 'BIG LIST' & 'THUMBNAIL' VIEWS AVAILABLE NOW?
* HOW CAN I SET THE 'MEDIA INFO' VIEW AGAIN?

As part of ongoing improvements and corrections of hacks and work arounds Team Kodi is now enforcing a previously existing policy that Views should be set by Skins, not by Addons. YouTube v5.3.6 onwards was updated to comply with this policy.

^^^ This is why you can't set the view in the addon settings anymore.

NB: To set Views inside your Skin open the 'Side Blade' on the left hand side (stock Kodi Confluence Skin).

Team Kodi is now also enforcing a policy that videos from addons like YouTube are not TV Show type 'Episodes'.
YouTube and similar addons now need to Set Content Type as "Videos".

^^^ This is why only 'List', 'Big List', and 'Thumbnail' views are available now.

Changes have been pushed to github for the Confluence Skin by Team Kodi member @Hitcher (thanks Hitcher!) to allow the Media Info view to be available (again) to addons such as YouTube that will now need to Set Content Type as "Videos".

This official change should also now be adopted by Skin Developers to complete the policy changes and make everything work like before (except in line with this enforcement, views will be set by skins, and not by addons).

* How can I set the 'Media Info' View again?

Your Skin probably needs updating first. Please inform your Skin Developer about these changes and refer them to this FAQ.

NB:
As temporary work around users may install the 'Unofficial' YouTube version from Post #1 on Page 1 of this thread.
This will give you back the possibility to chose the view in the addon settings.

For technical reference (for Skin and Addon Developers) I will also put further links regarding this subject here:

- GitHub Discussion
- Summary Discussion in the YouTube thread
- Thread by @phil65: "Heads-up: How to deal with content types / media types"
Cheers for the clarification !
(2017-02-01, 17:08)Jeroen Wrote:
Quote:The slide view in landscape shows no image here. With YouTube the thumbnails view is gone (probably addon related? Works in other skins though.)
It shows up for me, but not tested with youtube. Could be add-on related depending on what art type is expected in the skin and what type the add-on supplies. I'll check if I can reproduce with YouTube.

But this view works correctly on your end? http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lo3ucp.jpg
(2017-02-02, 17:38)Slurrrp Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 17:08)Jeroen Wrote:
Quote:The slide view in landscape shows no image here. With YouTube the thumbnails view is gone (probably addon related? Works in other skins though.)
It shows up for me, but not tested with youtube. Could be add-on related depending on what art type is expected in the skin and what type the add-on supplies. I'll check if I can reproduce with YouTube.

But this view works correctly on your end? http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lo3ucp.jpg

I guess it has been longer than I thought since I last checked that view Wink Pushed a fix to Git !
Jeroen, just a reminder, could you please take a look at the osd when playing live tv? Pressing up/down keys doesn't show the osd, thus making it impossible to browse through the channels and confirming channel change with enter.
+1 to this bug McYoshi. I confirm this.
(2017-01-24, 16:50)lstar337 Wrote:

Thanks Slurrrp. As long as it is stable I can run it safely. I'm not too worried about a few unfinished features.

I'm having same issue with watch/unwatched indicators missing
Thanks, how did i miss that
I hadn't updated in a long time, maybe I missed something but there's no rating being shown (IMDB) in the info page of a movie (but it is in the quick preview...)

And personally I'd switch the trailer button in discover... with the "director" one
(2017-02-06, 19:11)McYoshi Wrote: Jeroen, just a reminder, could you please take a look at the osd when playing live tv? Pressing up/down keys doesn't show the osd, thus making it impossible to browse through the channels and confirming channel change with enter.

(2017-02-08, 15:13)Kolabor Wrote: +1 to this bug McYoshi. I confirm this.

Oh how I hate the PVR... But I promise you guys there will be a fix for this some time this week.

(2017-02-12, 02:43)e7cxt Wrote: I hadn't updated in a long time, maybe I missed something but there's no rating being shown (IMDB) in the info page of a movie (but it is in the quick preview...)
I guess it makes sense to have it here too. Expect this to be added some time this week too.

Oh, and I promise a Krypton official release should arrive soon too. Probably not this week, but not much longer.

After that though, I will focus on Grid even more. So if you experience any other bugs with reFocus please report them as soon as possible. Because once the Krypton release is out, it might be a really long time before it will be fixed.
I noticed there's an "Alternate (vertical)" menu layout option, but when it's selected the main menu is blank.
Reminence of something you were working on perhaps?
I'm running latest git with Krypton and receiving "library data provider error" on the home screen from time to time. Any ideas? Only happens with Refocus on 3 separate systems (2 x Windows, 1 x RPi2).

**note: db is MySQL
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2