• 31(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2017-01-31, 09:53)cyber201 Wrote: Thanks Warner306, but my installed release is the fix build.
With the Jarvis release, can I play UHD files? Hevc files?
And the HDR is supported?

HDR to SDR is supported. HDR passthrough requires a driver update.
ok, but this driver update are available?
Thanks
(2017-01-31, 20:12)cyber201 Wrote: ok, but this driver update are available?
Thanks

The driver update hasn't arrived yet.
(2017-01-31, 21:33)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 20:12)cyber201 Wrote: ok, but this driver update are available?
Thanks

The driver update hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks for your support. it seems to be a problem of Windows 10 that don't support HDR passthrough. it's true?
I'm waiting the Windows 10 Creators Update....
These three new buttons what are they for and as they go set in latest to build DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton (20170206-2ede90d) by Aracnoz.

buttons: Direct3D Presentation - Pre Rendered Frames in Windowed Mode and Pre Rendered Frames in Exclusive Mode

What advice ? and / or an adjustment the guide
(2017-02-08, 12:53)gotham_x Wrote: These three new buttons what are they for and as they go set in latest to build DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton (20170206-2ede90d) by Aracnoz.

buttons: Direct3D Presentation - Pre Rendered Frames in Windowed Mode and Pre Rendered Frames in Exclusive Mode

What advice ? and / or an adjustment the guide

Leave them at its default values.
OK. these three modifying them they go to affect madVR ? a short explanation ?
(2017-02-09, 13:14)gotham_x Wrote: OK. these three modifying them they go to affect madVR ? a short explanation ?

Direct 3D 9 and Direct 3D 11 are two ways to display madVR. Direct 3D 11 is needed for 10-bit output but can cause problems with some systems. So Direct 3D 9 is the safest way to present madVR.

The pre-rendered frames set the frame buffer. This buffer renders frames in advance of displaying them to prevent presentation glitches. A smaller buffer means more responsive control but a greater chance of presentation glitches.
Thanks Warner306 , always very kind in your explanations...and transparent.
Great guide! Thanks for all your hard work. I've got almost everything configured optimally using madVR and ReClock, there's just one thing I haven't been able to figure out: adjusting subtitle position. I've tried messing with both xySubfilter and xyVSFilter, and I just can't get the subtitles to budge from the bottom of the frame. This is affecting both text-based and VOB subs. Positioning of PGS streams behaves as expected.

What can I do to enable adjustment of SRT subtitles? And ideally VOB as well? For adjusting SRT subs in DVDPlayer, it was as simple as pressing CTRL+Arrow Keys to move them anywhere up or down. I prefer to have subtitles adjusted to be in-frame for 2.40:1 aspect ratio, regardless of the aspect ratio of source video. I couldn't figure out a way to permanently set this position in DVDPlayer, so I created a simple AutoHotkey script to trigger CTRL+Up roughly 100 times to quickly adjust the subtitles to the desired position, and that position setting would remain until Kodi was restarted.

Now with xySubfilter handling subtitles, CTRL+Arrow keys has no effect on subtitle position, and there doesn't seem to be any settings in the filter control panel to dictate positioning, for text-based streams anyways. I tried messing the VOB sub position override, but it was not very useful, and only served to either move the subtitles completely off-screen, or no change in placement at all.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!
(2017-02-19, 00:33)Surlias Wrote: Great guide! Thanks for all your hard work. I've got almost everything configured optimally using madVR and ReClock, there's just one thing I haven't been able to figure out: adjusting subtitle position. I've tried messing with both xySubfilter and xyVSFilter, and I just can't get the subtitles to budge from the bottom of the frame. This is affecting both text-based and VOB subs. Positioning of PGS streams behaves as expected.

What can I do to enable adjustment of SRT subtitles? And ideally VOB as well? For adjusting SRT subs in DVDPlayer, it was as simple as pressing CTRL+Arrow Keys to move them anywhere up or down. I prefer to have subtitles adjusted to be in-frame for 2.40:1 aspect ratio, regardless of the aspect ratio of source video. I couldn't figure out a way to permanently set this position in DVDPlayer, so I created a simple AutoHotkey script to trigger CTRL+Up roughly 100 times to quickly adjust the subtitles to the desired position, and that position setting would remain until Kodi was restarted.

Now with xySubfilter handling subtitles, CTRL+Arrow keys has no effect on subtitle position, and there doesn't seem to be any settings in the filter control panel to dictate positioning, for text-based streams anyways. I tried messing the VOB sub position override, but it was not very useful, and only served to either move the subtitles completely off-screen, or no change in placement at all.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

madVR zoom control in the control panel has some settings for subtitles.
I installed kodi-17.0.1-Krypton_DSPlayer_x64.exe it worked for couple of hours and suddenly it started to crash on the startup.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Kodi.exe
Application Version: 17.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 589f2288
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c78c
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000a49d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27a6
Additional Information 2: 27a636914bb02c1e44866e7831067d70
Additional Information 3: 98c3
Additional Information 4: 98c37bf3791e265ce84305a6e34f20e2

I deleted roaming folder I uninstalled it and reinstalled it few times no luck.

The main question is where Kodi dsplayer version store filters config file, or maybe it stores config in registry?
Maybe the latest version of madvr is responsible?
I've been using Kodi DSPlayer 16.1 along with MadVR 0.90.13, and hadn't updated either in a long time because everything was working fine (other than the rare crash of Kodi upon playback start). If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Well, recently I've started experiencing video/audio stutters about once or twice per hour of playback. The best way I can describe it is like a skipping vinyl record. It's very brief, lasting 1-2 seconds each time, but really jarring, and often the video/audio are out of sync afterwards and I have to stop playback and restart.

Interestingly, the MadVR playback stats don't recognize these stutters as frame repeats or presentation glitches - it seems like as far as MadVR is concerned, nothing is awry, which makes me wonder if something else in my system is causing the problem.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? Is it worth upgrading to the new Krypton build and/or updating MadVR? I don't want to risk breaking an otherwise functional setup, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Also, I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks!
(2017-03-14, 02:54)JeffA Wrote: I've been using Kodi DSPlayer 16.1 along with MadVR 0.90.13, and hadn't updated either in a long time because everything was working fine (other than the rare crash of Kodi upon playback start). If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Well, recently I've started experiencing video/audio stutters about once or twice per hour of playback. The best way I can describe it is like a skipping vinyl record. It's very brief, lasting 1-2 seconds each time, but really jarring, and often the video/audio are out of sync afterwards and I have to stop playback and restart.

Interestingly, the MadVR playback stats don't recognize these stutters as frame repeats or presentation glitches - it seems like as far as MadVR is concerned, nothing is awry, which makes me wonder if something else in my system is causing the problem.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? Is it worth upgrading to the new Krypton build and/or updating MadVR? I don't want to risk breaking an otherwise functional setup, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Thanks!

I don't have any ideas, sorry. I'd try updating madVR.
(2017-03-14, 02:57)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 02:54)JeffA Wrote: I've been using Kodi DSPlayer 16.1 along with MadVR 0.90.13, and hadn't updated either in a long time because everything was working fine (other than the rare crash of Kodi upon playback start). If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Thanks!

I don't have any ideas, sorry. I'd try updating madVR.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7